Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ? - page 5. (Read 5047 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
April 13, 2018, 05:57:42 PM
Maybe some people used bitcoin for illegal purposes because its unknown source and no one can know who doing the transaction. So we cannot avoid it that bitcoin can use by the criminals.
Activity: 210
Merit: 14
The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export
April 13, 2018, 04:21:12 PM
I've heard about the possibility of selling drugs for bitcoins.I think that's why many governments want to start regulating it
The procent of illegal trades in bitcoin blockchain is about 1%. And remember that in the blockchain you can see all transactions, which can be useful for police. Bad thing for them is bitcoin mixer, which allow users make transaction anonymous. Aslo do not forget about Zcash, Dash, Monero, which are amonymous. But, guys, in the world won't to reduce crime due to regulation of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 266
April 13, 2018, 02:57:03 PM
I've heard about the possibility of selling drugs for bitcoins.I think that's why many governments want to start regulating it
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
April 13, 2018, 02:43:53 PM
For now, criminals doesn't use bitcoin. In using bitcoin, there's some process that you need to do before you get in to it.
For the criminals such as holduppers, they can't easily get bitcoin if they will ask money to you and you will give your bitcoin.
That reasoning is funny, i laughed just a little bit. Thanks! There is no doubt that bitcoin is being used by criminals, because bitcoin can be used to buy illegal drugs, trading of any illegal thing anonymously. And because of that, some country are not accepting bitcoin, because their government think it might be their biggest competition, because it will be going hard to find who, where, is the criminal, because just what i stated before, bitcoin can be used anonymously.
Activity: 269
Merit: 10
April 13, 2018, 02:36:38 PM
Bitcoin is used by criminals, but its usefulness is diminishing as the authorities get better at tracking transactions. So it will be more difficult to commit bitcoin crimes
Activity: 139
Merit: 5
April 13, 2018, 02:29:05 PM
not all bitcoins are used by criminals, working on the bitcoin forum is very good, here we are working really hard and we learn that in bitcoin forums is not easy, all the work is all difficult, it depends on our own intention.
Activity: 350
April 13, 2018, 02:21:08 PM
For now, criminals doesn't use bitcoin. In using bitcoin, there's some process that you need to do before you get in to it.
For the criminals such as holduppers, they can't easily get bitcoin if they will ask money to you and you will give your bitcoin.
P60
Activity: 378
Decentralized Digital Billboards
April 08, 2018, 06:42:46 PM
This is the reason most of the counties around the world are against Bitcoin because it is being used in some illegal activities so countries are trying to ban it I think they should make some kind of rules instead of banning it.
Since Bitcoin can be used worldwide, it is given that all people have a free access to use it; in good or in a bad way. Thus, yes, Bitcoin is used by criminals. There's a scam that where Bitcoin is involved.
Activity: 532
April 08, 2018, 06:40:24 PM
There are so many people who are using bitcoin. And i am pretty sure some of them are criminals. Criminals will do anything to have money to funds their criminal activities.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
April 08, 2018, 06:37:04 PM
This is the reason most of the counties around the world are against Bitcoin because it is being used in some illegal activities so countries are trying to ban it I think they should make some kind of rules instead of banning it.
Activity: 84
April 08, 2018, 07:33:27 AM
Bitcoin can be used for all people around the world.There are no rules for this.So anyone can use it.This is the biggest issue in many countries.Bitcoin can also be used for criminal acts.
Activity: 72
April 08, 2018, 05:38:31 AM
Yes. Theres a scam in Bitcoin recently here in the Philippines. I saw it on T.V news.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
April 08, 2018, 05:12:34 AM
yes like Ransomware, Ransomware is a type of virus that blocks all data in one system that uses windows. Once he attacks the computer device, all the data in the device is inaccessible. The criminals sent a message, asking for a ransom to block the data was opened. They also provide a time limit. If passed, then the ransom to be paid will multiply
Activity: 133
April 08, 2018, 03:55:23 AM
Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency used by all countries and it is difficult to find that the some person engaged through bitcoin is a criminal, the address of bitcoin address is anonymous and no can not freeze a bitcoin address so that the authorities can not easily track them.
Activity: 194
April 08, 2018, 03:39:01 AM
Yes, it has been used in the past and it is still used. We must not blame bitcoins but pursue criminals. They mostly use cash dollars for their criminal activities
Activity: 434
April 08, 2018, 03:36:02 AM
what a stupid question. all that has value is used by criminals. Does not crime use the dollar? or another currency?

True. These ideas are just a way of anti-bitcoin or the government to manipulate the media that it is often used on online criminal activities even if it is not. USD is still the number one especially for international terrorists.
Activity: 154
Merit: 12
April 08, 2018, 03:24:06 AM
what a stupid question. all that has value is used by criminals. Does not crime use the dollar? or another currency?
Activity: 200
Merit: 11
April 08, 2018, 03:16:44 AM
For me it is surely being used by the criminals,
There are many fake investment in the internet and they are using bitcoin as an investment to their fake projects.
So yes bitcoin is being used by the criminals or scammers.
Activity: 84
April 08, 2018, 03:10:04 AM
It could be, because I heard in news that maybe bitcoin used in criminal or illegal transaction to black market. And it also affect some of people are now doubting about bitcoin if it is real or not. And it was also alarming  to all bitcoin users that loses their money because to scammer. So we must have action of this anomaly.
Activity: 854
Merit: 101
Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme
April 08, 2018, 03:07:31 AM
I think it makes no difference between bitcoin and conventional money. They're both used by criminals. Because functionally, bitcoin and conventional money is a tool commonly used to pay for a service. While the services themselves can be anything, even a crime though.
Pages:
Jump to: