Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoins safe? - page 32. (Read 90089 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523
June 29, 2016, 04:00:44 PM
Quote from: Bitcoinbro on February 12, 2016, 11:36:44 PM
Bitcoin is one of the safest payment methods there is on the planet.

Also the wallets are very secured look at the blockchain 2 way verification needed.

I think its the easiest and safest way to hold money and to pay,dont's worry
Yes, it is really the easiest and the safest way to hold money and to pay for any thing we want to buy online , but the only thing from which we have to secure is the ponzi schemes who promise to pay higher for any investment etc.
Bitcoins are the safest currency because even the best robbers can not trace what address you use, if you are little wise and change it often. And even if traced he can not do anything because sending money from blockchain first needs identifier then password.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
June 29, 2016, 03:19:49 PM
Well bitcoin is so safe if you have many bitcoin better to choose a wallet i mean safe wallet that you can store it for a long time..

You are right but i think that if you holding huge amount of money better to use more than one wallet, cause if one of your wallet is hacked, you will not lose everything.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008
June 29, 2016, 03:19:25 PM
if you take a little precaution then bitcoin is even safer than banks. in banks they use our money on their worksbut here no one can touch your money without private keys

No you are wrong about your thinking about how money works well in bank.

In terms of security, even your money got breached in banks, possibility of taking it back has a big chance. In bitcoin if you ever loss it, it will gone forever. So you are the only who can blame to it unlike in bank where you can file a lawsuit and can demand a higher damage aside from the money loss.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 623
Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.
June 29, 2016, 02:58:35 PM
Well bitcoin is so safe if you have many bitcoin better to choose a wallet i mean safe wallet that you can store it for a long time..
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
June 29, 2016, 02:57:30 PM
Yesterday I have got USB wallet for bitcoins from some campaign as a present and it looks like that way for keeping bitcoins is more saved than to hold it on some online wallet. But only future will show is it really works or now and maybe online wallet is more safe.

Its named a hardware wallet and it can indeed be very safe but I prefer paper wallets above it all because its in my eyes way safer.
Its maybe sometimes difficult to set it up but its really worth making one if you have a lot of bitcoins.

I also use a hardware wallet but I think its very safe, if a wallet is offline its in my eyes very safe.
You even got offline wallets that are fully encrypted, this are also hardware wallets (usb's).
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
June 29, 2016, 02:56:03 PM
Yesterday I have got USB wallet for bitcoins from some campaign as a present and it looks like that way for keeping bitcoins is more saved than to hold it on some online wallet. But only future will show is it really works or now and maybe online wallet is more safe.
Being safe is good but you can never ensure that you are 100% safe and every method has its own risks, now I think online wallet is safe.
Activity: 476
June 29, 2016, 02:54:56 PM

Its named a hardware wallet and it can indeed be very safe but I prefer paper wallets above it all because its in my eyes way safer.
Its maybe sometimes difficult to set it up but its really worth making one if you have a lot of bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
June 29, 2016, 02:04:36 PM
Bitcoins are not safe at all because the only thing i hear is that allot of people get rid of their coins some in a stupid way ok but most of them cant do anything
about it and that is not what we want to happen in the future when the price of the bitcoin will hit the highest score.

No, i dont agree. Bitcoins are always safe and will stay forever.
Activity: 448
June 29, 2016, 01:56:23 PM
Bitcoins are not safe at all because the only thing i hear is that allot of people get rid of their coins some in a stupid way ok but most of them cant do anything
about it and that is not what we want to happen in the future when the price of the bitcoin will hit the highest score.

I think bitcoins is safe enough. The problem is if you open websites or download something suspicious and makes your pc have a virus and you thought it's because a bitcoin, but it's not.
thats true, as far as i know bitcoins are really safe because it is impossible to crack the code, in my opinion bitcoin might be even safer than ordinary fiat because it is easier to steal fiat

i think that bitcoins are going to grow a lot in the near future and then there will be more attempts to steal your money so i wouldnt use online wallets as they are usually not safe at all
I agree. Bitcoin is encrypted with private keys and it's impossible to move the coins unless you knew the wallet password. That's assuming you're using Bitcoin Core or Armory. Online wallets like blockchain.info, as stated above, have security holes as you can see from, this forum many people have complained about their web wallets getting hacked.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 500
June 29, 2016, 01:42:33 PM
if you think that bitcoin was not safe, then you will never feel what it was the convenience of using bitcoin. you just need to try and make their own conclusions, I also do believe that  Grin
Activity: 447
June 29, 2016, 12:25:41 PM

I think bitcoins is safe enough. The problem is if you open websites or download something suspicious and makes your pc have a virus and you thought it's because a bitcoin, but it's not.
thats true, as far as i know bitcoins are really safe because it is impossible to crack the code, in my opinion bitcoin might be even safer than ordinary fiat because it is easier to steal fiat

i think that bitcoins are going to grow a lot in the near future and then there will be more attempts to steal your money so i wouldnt use online wallets as they are usually not safe at all
Activity: 266
One world One currency, Bitcoin.
June 29, 2016, 12:22:09 PM
if you take a little precaution then bitcoin is even safer than banks. in banks they use our money on their worksbut here no one can touch your money without private keys
Activity: 434
June 29, 2016, 10:56:11 AM

Activity: 448
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 29, 2016, 10:49:45 AM
oh wow, where did you participate that you got such a thing, i was planning to buy a hardware wallet though it would be really cool if i could get one for free too Cheesy

i think bitcoins itself is a really safe technology as it would require quantum computers in order to hack it at the moment, only online wallets might have some security holes
Activity: 336
Bravity is beautiful.
June 29, 2016, 10:29:07 AM
Activity: 644
June 29, 2016, 10:03:28 AM
I dont think bitcoin is safe at all there are allot of people who get rid of their coins and that cant be ttrue becasue the coin is allot
worth as you know the bitcoin is already up to the 638 dollar and i think he will be much more worth in the future!

I think that bitcoin today have guaranteed security, bitcoin has become the medium of secure payment and use of various parties. bitcoin transaction system so transparent that allows users to track the flow of funds in bitcoin.
Activity: 294
June 29, 2016, 10:01:57 AM
Activity: 350
June 29, 2016, 09:51:19 AM
I dont think bitcoin is safe at all there are allot of people who get rid of their coins and that cant be ttrue becasue the coin is allot
worth as you know the bitcoin is already up to the 638 dollar and i think he will be much more worth in the future!
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 1128
June 29, 2016, 09:25:30 AM
Quote from: Bitcoinbro on February 12, 2016, 11:36:44 PM
Bitcoin is one of the safest payment methods there is on the planet.

Also the wallets are very secured look at the blockchain 2 way verification needed.

I think its the easiest and safest way to hold money and to pay,dont's worry
Yes, it is really the easiest and the safest way to hold money and to pay for any thing we want to buy online , but the only thing from which we have to secure is the ponzi schemes who promise to pay higher for any investment etc.
Bitcoins has nothing to do with ponzi scheme, they just use bitcoins as their medium of transactions. I agree that we should not let that HYIP sites fool us with their too good to be true promises of returns.
Yes and remember only the best things from market are used as a tool for hacking, scamming. So, that itself proves how secure hackers and scammers feel when they rob bitcoin that they can't be traced, so is same with us. If we are wise no one can steal bitcoins from us.
Activity: 952
June 28, 2016, 11:14:15 AM
Well man I think it is safe to use. No one can freeze your bitcoin wallet because it is not controlled by someone and it is decentralized. I think the only thing law can do is to tract the transactions done by a btc address and identify the location of the user via ip address and the likes.
Exactly, but there is a way to hide your IP or even change it, that is available in the market and most BTC holders are aware of that already.
Pages:
Jump to: