Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoins safe? - page 34. (Read 90087 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
June 17, 2016, 02:34:23 PM
although using of bitcoin is anonymous we are not sure that it's still safe . because we are investing with bitcoin so it is risky . because it is also kind of electronic money robbers are not only in the real world they are also in the internet . and we are not sure if the e-wallet that we are using is safe .

No i don't think that investing in bitcoin is risky, if someone care his/her wallets well then I don't think that any person will be able to hack them. We are investing in a secure asset.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
June 17, 2016, 02:29:00 PM
Bitcoin network is one of the most secure networks on the planet. Bitcoin as a whole literally can't be hacked, there is no enough computing power to take down bitcoin's blockchain and fork it.
But as recent news about Ethereum hit us. I wouldn't be so sure about other 'top altcoins' As they can be proven to be unreliable and unsafe to invest in.

Info: http://uk.businessinsider.com/dao-hacked-ethereum-crashing-in-value-tens-of-millions-allegedly-stolen-2016-6
Activity: 714
June 17, 2016, 01:36:07 PM
no one can guarantee your money will be safe in bitcoin, but as far as my view bitcoin very safe for the moment and the next few years. I can not say will be forever safe, because anything can happen.

It can't be guaranteed but you can take enough precautions, so it won't happen.
- Store you bitcoins in a offline wallet
- Password protect your wallet and don't save the pass on the same PC.
For that matter safe 1 part of the password on a USB
And another part somewhere else

By doing this you have sufficient security.
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
June 17, 2016, 01:02:20 PM
no one can guarantee your money will be safe in bitcoin, but as far as my view bitcoin very safe for the moment and the next few years. I can not say will be forever safe, because anything can happen.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
June 17, 2016, 12:24:40 PM
Yes the bitcoin is very safe in my opinion, it has a good security and it can also not collapse these days.
Its a solid investment and its untraceable and anonymous so that makes it also safe.
Activity: 363
June 17, 2016, 11:12:57 AM
I see that discussion is about safety of wallets, but i think that the topic question is about of whether investing in Bitcoin is safe.
In fact, Bitcoin is still in experimental phase, so it is hard to say that it is completely safe.
To be honest, at the moment, more important it is the belief that Bitcoin succeeds. Wink
Yeah I mean a wallet is only as safe as you make it. A password protected wallet is safer than a wallet in your pocket though is what I believe. The investing is safe imo now that halving is around the corner.

it is correct a digital wallet is more secure than a wallet in our pocket, a robber can rob the wallet in our pocket but they don't know about our digital wallet and so they are protected.
If you have Bitcoin than it will be of course better that you are going to use a Bitcoin wallet and that is because it works well with Bitcoin and you also know that it is really safe to use it.
And it is also easy to pay and have some transaction via your Bitcoin wallet and that is perfect of the wallet.
Activity: 256
June 17, 2016, 10:42:46 AM
I see that discussion is about safety of wallets, but i think that the topic question is about of whether investing in Bitcoin is safe.
In fact, Bitcoin is still in experimental phase, so it is hard to say that it is completely safe.
To be honest, at the moment, more important it is the belief that Bitcoin succeeds. Wink
Yeah I mean a wallet is only as safe as you make it. A password protected wallet is safer than a wallet in your pocket though is what I believe. The investing is safe imo now that halving is around the corner.

it is correct a digital wallet is more secure than a wallet in our pocket, a robber can rob the wallet in our pocket but they don't know about our digital wallet and so they are protected.
If you want to hide some money from your government than bitcoin can be safest way to store. But buying bitcoin anonymously is quite hard, you may post ad in localbitcoins and say you will deliver cash in some place where seller can pick it up.
In this way you don't have to reveal even your email to seller.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
June 17, 2016, 10:04:50 AM
for me bitcoin wallet is not really a safe place to store your money, but if you talking safe in investment, bitcoin still has so many potential to develop in the future, so yes, for me bitcoin still a safe investment
Te wallets are also the safest places to store our money if we keep open eye on our security of our wallet, there are a number of people who do not try to learn about the security of their wallets and start collecting coins, that is much risky.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
June 16, 2016, 02:22:26 AM
One question. Are you safe? There is no safe place in this world anymore and even a thing is not safe. Even garbage are not safe.
It is how hard it is to get in bitcoin. That can be answered and yes it is really hard to hack it.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
June 16, 2016, 01:21:58 AM

Yes I agree that it is way safer than the physical wallet but its still has a risk, hackers may get into you digital wallet once they saw it has huge amount of coins. Just be careful to use precautionary measures like making your digital wallet more secure.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
June 16, 2016, 12:58:30 AM
although using of bitcoin is anonymous we are not sure that it's still safe . because we are investing with bitcoin so it is risky . because it is also kind of electronic money robbers are not only in the real world they are also in the internet . and we are not sure if the e-wallet that we are using is safe .
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
https://trueflip.io/
June 15, 2016, 11:04:30 PM
Quote from: Bitcoinbro on February 12, 2016, 11:36:44 PM
Bitcoin is one of the safest payment methods there is on the planet.

Also the wallets are very secured look at the blockchain 2 way verification needed.

I think its the easiest and safest way to hold money and to pay,dont's worry
Yes, it is really the easiest and the safest way to hold money and to pay for any thing we want to buy online , but the only thing from which we have to secure is the ponzi schemes who promise to pay higher for any investment etc.
Bitcoins has nothing to do with ponzi scheme, they just use bitcoins as their medium of transactions. I agree that we should not let that HYIP sites fool us with their too good to be true promises of returns.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 1128
June 15, 2016, 02:10:59 PM
Quote from: Bitcoinbro on February 12, 2016, 11:36:44 PM
Bitcoin is one of the safest payment methods there is on the planet.

Also the wallets are very secured look at the blockchain 2 way verification needed.

I think its the easiest and safest way to hold money and to pay,dont's worry
Yes, it is really the easiest and the safest way to hold money and to pay for any thing we want to buy online , but the only thing from which we have to secure is the ponzi schemes who promise to pay higher for any investment etc.
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
June 15, 2016, 01:35:43 PM

Digital wallet is secured for sure in compare to physical wallet, but robbers are everywhere, hackers might hack your digital wallet and steal your coins so you need to be careful about it.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008
June 15, 2016, 01:31:20 PM
Keeping all your eggs in one basket is generally unsafe with most things. Bitcoin is no different. You can't predict what is going to happen to it, so invest your assets into other things as well.

This is a good advice especially in investing. In bitcoin if it is safe? I agree with that we cant predict, but we must be aware of whats happening. We must research and must be vigilant whats happening like the halving, chinese buying bts etc. All is speculation and it affects the market value of bitcoin.Same with stocks.

Also the risk in investing in bitcoin can somehow be played along the way since you have some good factors to pointed out to help and guide you to your journey of trading and investing.

With proper analyzation about some speculated thoughts we can make a decent plan in every price trend.
Activity: 658
June 15, 2016, 11:56:45 AM

Activity: 588
June 15, 2016, 11:36:06 AM
Definitely Bitcoin is safe, no doubt in it, we all are here and we all are also investors, i mean mostly people are here they are investing their big amount in bitcoins, and i am also including in this list. When i came here, in that time, i also doubt in bitcoin, but later on when i started to get information about it, and i decided to invest it and now i am happy that i have a earning with it.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
June 15, 2016, 11:06:30 AM
Keeping all your eggs in one basket is generally unsafe with most things. Bitcoin is no different. You can't predict what is going to happen to it, so invest your assets into other things as well.

This is a good advice especially in investing. In bitcoin if it is safe? I agree with that we cant predict, but we must be aware of whats happening. We must research and must be vigilant whats happening like the halving, chinese buying bts etc. All is speculation and it affects the market value of bitcoin.Same with stocks.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145
June 15, 2016, 11:01:24 AM
If we all can know is one thing and that is that bitcoins are far from safe and that is such a shame. I hope they will profide it in the future because this is not working.

if there are people who ensures that bitcoin is safe, I think everyone will be trying to invest in bitcoin.
but in my view the current bitcoin really safe.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008
June 15, 2016, 10:43:48 AM
I think of it this way: Bitcoin is ultra safe, but how good is your security? There is no nanny bank to help you. If you are going to trust your money to a windows computer and choose "password" as your password then bitcoin may not be safe for you. You are not only the bank, but also the chief of security.

That's why if ever people will lost their bitcoin without any party involved, the only to blame is the owner itself. Because of the comfortability that a user experience while using bitcoin, they are not prioritizing much the security and all associated things to this. Bitcoin when lost will really be having a hard time to recover so as much possible take the security of it seriously.
Pages:
Jump to: