Pages:
Author

Topic: Is blockchain the answer for poverty-stricken countries? - page 3. (Read 1145 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 10
I think a strong country needs to develop the blockchain.
A smaller country, like Switzerland and Malta, can become a technology power through blockchain.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Cryptos and blockchain technology can be utilized to fight poverty. Blockchain will us, with the many projects aiming to help people and the technology,corruption and lack of education among these countries if the governments support them.
Activity: 306
People are more interested in making profit out of blockchain technology than actually trying to solve problems around us. However, Bancor looks like a really good initiative who will be working on solving African countries' economical problems. Cryptos and blockchain technology can be utilized to fight poverty, corruption and lack of education among these countries if the governments support them.
Activity: 56
The sole motive of true businessmans coming to light, being the only objective of earning and making profit, rather than a good cause for the society. CSR activities are very minimal, and even now in blockchain technology the idea has shifted to profit only. Only some like, Bancor or BNT, who have a purpose to minimize poverty of Africa, a good and social development initiative taken.
Activity: 126
I have been seeing lots of community initiatives recently using blockchain; Bancor is doing a lot of work in Kenya and I know Akon is planning his own coin to help to communities out of poverty. Personally I think this is one of the best real-world use cases for blockchain, and one that we should see more of.

https://twitter.com/DavGit/status/1024656690308894720

More yes than no.
But to establish it's coin a stable demand, the country needs to do its best to keep coins attractive and thus attracting more investment in country.
Activity: 34
Blockchain can't help solve poverty in third world countries. They are in poverty because of disrespect of law, and their education is probably terrible. First what they need to solve is to fix law, and to force people to respect it. After that to work with education. And only after that there won't be wars, drug and weapon trafficing etc.Blockchain will us, with the many projects aiming to help people and the technology, getting logistics of ground, keeping data, connecting people to a bigger economy, no need for people to have a bankaccount, were banks are usually unavailable. 
Activity: 203
Just seen a docu about bringing a basic income to poverty struck areas.  They used a system where people get a code on a cellphone, which they can then cash in at a local store who's also part of the project.  Very simple system.

Blockchain will help ofcourse, with the many projects aiming to help people and the technology, getting logistics of ground, keeping data, connecting people to a bigger economy, no need for people to have a bankaccount, were banks are usually unavailable.  
But people won't have acces to a pc most of the time, that's a problem to start with, but the more help people can get the better.
Activity: 421
Merit: 100
Blockchain technology itself is not the answer, the type of project that are helpful to the community whether it is blockchain or not is the answer to poverty.

For blockchain to help poverty stricken countries, projects should be community based up to the level of the poor. Simple example is cwordfunding for small time businesses.
Activity: 209
I think blockchain can really help end or reduced poverty in some countries. Knowing how competitive the global market today many countries will most probably left behind. I think the blockchain could be the answer to help stabelise the economic problem of some countries.
Activity: 218
Not only to poverty stricken countries, it could be the answer for the countries where there are high levels or inflation and the standard of living are high. This will create jobs and will contribute towards the economy. Hopefully, crypto will be the answer for a better future.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
Creating a coin that would help poor countries overcome poverty is a very wonderful and good idea. But I can not understand how the creation of a coin can boost the country's economy.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 267
Blockchain can be used in every aspect of life, I belive it. What i love from blockchain, beside the technology, is the community. Nothing can unite the world, but blockchain. When massive people join the blockchain, the community, they will find solution for every problem in the world and poverty is one of those problems that blockchain can solve.
Activity: 126
No. Blockchain can't help solve poverty in third world countries. Why ? Example is Africa. They are in poverty because of disrespect of law, and their education is probably terrible. First what they need to solve is to fix law, and to force people to respect it. After that to work with education. And only after that there won't be wars, drug and weapon trafficing etc. ANd than they can work with blockchai

Block chain is not the answer to the problem of the poor. The only solution is if they work and do not give up on life. It's more of a personal issue than crypto
Activity: 490
Merit: 12
I have been seeing lots of community initiatives recently using blockchain; Bancor is doing a lot of work in Kenya and I know Akon is planning his own coin to help to communities out of poverty. Personally I think this is one of the best real-world use cases for blockchain, and one that we should see more of.

https://twitter.com/DavGit/status/1024656690308894720
Blockchain technology has the capacity for redistribution of wealth if properly channeled in a poverty strickened countries and this technology can cater or eliminate third parties that is synonymous with corruption, Proper use of this technology can totally reduce or eliminate poverty and corruption which is prevalent in the third world countries.
Activity: 49
Merit: 1
One of the ways blockchain can help the poor is by altering the flow of money. Most of the money pouring into developing nations is not from foreign aid, but rather from remittances. Study's shows that on an average, more than eight percent of the remittances sent to developing countries each year is lost to fees. Because blockchain removes the middle man, the cost of sending remittances would drop significantly. Since more funds would be reaching their target recipient, senders would be motivated to send even more, thus further increasing the cash flow into developing nations.
Activity: 231
Merit: 102
No. Blockchain can't help solve poverty in third world countries. Why ? Example is Africa. They are in poverty because of disrespect of law, and their education is probably terrible. First what they need to solve is to fix law, and to force people to respect it. After that to work with education. And only after that there won't be wars, drug and weapon trafficing etc. ANd than they can work with blockchai
Activity: 224
an exceptionally great idea for developing countries. this will allow many people to leave the poverty zone. I hope that the good idea will develop and not become a way of profit or something dirty. I am for the development of the blockade in all countries without restriction
Activity: 128
I think that blockchains bring wealth to the troubled areas. Even those who don't have money can get money through cryptocurrencies, or they can reduce taxes through encryption technology. I think it's a good thing.
Activity: 171
One of the greatest obstacles that separate the wealthy from the poor is financial inclusion.  As per World Bank report, about 1 billion purely situated grownups have a mobile device, and about 480 millions get e-access. Can you imagine how dramatic impact this could have if combined with the blockchain? Yes, i truly believe in this.
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
Blockchain can eradicate poverty in third-world countries (delivered in a shaky voice from the podium). But as with anything left in the hands of humans, whether we choose to use its potential for good remains to be seen. And while many great ideas are currently little more than PDFs hosted on fancy websites, let’s hope it won’t be too long before the best ones start working out.
Pages:
Jump to: