Pages:
Author

Topic: Is blockchain the answer for poverty-stricken countries? - page 4. (Read 1172 times)

Activity: 111
Merit: 0
I have been seeing lots of community initiatives recently using blockchain; Bancor is doing a lot of work in Kenya and I know Akon is planning his own coin to help to communities out of poverty. Personally I think this is one of the best real-world use cases for blockchain, and one that we should see more of.

https://twitter.com/DavGit/status/1024656690308894720

Hmm... This is worth exploring, but I don't think this would solve majority of the problems of the third world countries. In the frst place, it's up to the government and its people if they are going to be a third world or not. It's a decision I think. But it's too big to tackle here.
Activity: 946
Merit: 105
This would ease up the difficulty in transactions and donations but I don't really see how blockchain can benefit poverty stricken countries.
Blockchain is making the rich richer and hence making the poor poorer. Donations only can never solve poverty.
Activity: 84
Maybe it'll end up that way. I think it'll start by helping corporations automate their paperwork (basically). With the increased efficiency with large corporations and startups, ideally it will allow developing countries to develop relatively quicker.
Activity: 74
Merit: 44
The Kenya initiative that Bancor is planning is huge for a different approach to humanitarian efforts.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/bancor-launches-community-token-network-to-combat-poverty-in-kenya
Activity: 181
I also see that a lot of community use Blockchain. It  can remove poverty in third-world. But as with anything absent in the hand of humans, whether we select  to use its impending for good remains to be seen.
Activity: 75
I think blockchain technology can change an economy graph in a county; that's why Poor country are accept bitcoin and want to change their economical chart. In kenya already strat this policy. Because blockchain technology are more secure and potential.
Activity: 322
With the help of blockchain, decentralization of currencies have been possible. The main fact that being seen, many blockchain projects are trying to solve the poverty issue with the help[ of the investors. Blockchain inclusion in African countries can help reduce the financial corruption and scopes to get cheated by including local currencies into the Blockchain. It will make transactions more fast and transparent and help reducing poverty.
Activity: 132
Blockchain can bring prosperity to the country, precisely because those small countries need cryptocurrencies and can see the value of cryptocurrencies, which I think is not visible to many big countries. In those small countries, it can develop better.
Activity: 90
I believe that the Blockchain will emerge as a blessing for the country's prosperity. When you look at Kenya, you can see that they have chosen Blockchain to self-reliably. Because Blockchain is the best technology of the time. It is highly trusted and promising.
Activity: 15
Merit: 2
I have been seeing lots of community initiatives recently using blockchain; Bancor is doing a lot of work in Kenya and I know Akon is planning his own coin to help to communities out of poverty. Personally I think this is one of the best real-world use cases for blockchain, and one that we should see more of.

https://twitter.com/DavGit/status/1024656690308894720
Pages:
Jump to: