Pages:
Author

Topic: Is BTC really anonymous? - page 2. (Read 1207 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250
November 08, 2017, 01:16:29 PM
Everyone can create an wallet in a snap of course without giving any identity also.

And the transaction is secure, encrypted and whatever, BUT are your wallet truly anonymous?

It has a private password and that’s ok when you keep all the BTC in there . I mean IN and OUT.
But when you want to change your BTC with other CCs that’s where you can get pubblic. On the exchange and in many other ways.

Just keep it in mind

It's not that anonymus if you compare bitcoin with Monero. Monero is totally anonymus and your transfers are not visible for other people. In bitcoin, there is no name in the transactions but people know that you send the amount, if they know your wallet address.

I have heard a little about non-animal in some countries, but this phenomenon is not common. In every well-developed country Bitcoin is anonymous and you have nothing to worry about.
Activity: 406
November 08, 2017, 01:14:05 PM
Everyone can create an wallet in a snap of course without giving any identity also.

And the transaction is secure, encrypted and whatever, BUT are your wallet truly anonymous?

It has a private password and that’s ok when you keep all the BTC in there . I mean IN and OUT.
But when you want to change your BTC with other CCs that’s where you can get pubblic. On the exchange and in many other ways.

Just keep it in mind

It's not that anonymus if you compare bitcoin with Monero. Monero is totally anonymus and your transfers are not visible for other people. In bitcoin, there is no name in the transactions but people know that you send the amount, if they know your wallet address.
Activity: 196
Merit: 20
November 08, 2017, 01:10:05 PM

Just keep it in mind

why shouldnt there be ways to exchange CC's anonymously? For example using vpn and fake names on markets, or rty exchange in private on forums?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
November 08, 2017, 12:57:28 PM
Bitcoin is only psuedo anonymous unlike altcoins like Monero,Zcash.Its true that all transactions are registered in a public ledger.But our transactions are unknown to any one unless we reveal our transaction publicly.

Only if we fill the KYC details when we open an account in an exchange,government could trace our transactions.If you are still concerned about your privacy in using bitcoins,then you could use any of the bitcoin mixing services to  hide your identity.
Activity: 1078
http://unidapp.app
November 08, 2017, 12:02:26 PM
Yup. Bitcoin is completely anonymous and nobody can investigate us if Bitcoin deals. If the market is recognized by the government, then Bitcoin will be a good way to keep money or send money anywhere.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
November 08, 2017, 11:59:22 AM
I think so. Creating an account in bitcoin is very easy and asks for only a few information. Yes, all our transactions will be logged and everyone can monitor it but it does not mean that they can track every transactions every people make. Only the address will be tracked but not the identity of the person transacting. Transactions in bitcoin is more anonymous than any other form of online transactions where government can penetrate through their system.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
The swarm is headed towards us.
November 07, 2017, 05:36:34 AM

yes, the only way to be truly anonymous is pay and be paid with cash in exchange for BTC personally by hands.
Is it though? In order to make such a meeting you need to use a phone, text messages, a public place. Basically with every step of finding and successfully meeting with a person face to face you lose at least some part of the "anonymity" if not all.
Merit: 251
Guard your privacy
November 07, 2017, 05:19:16 AM
Once you buy bitcoin the coins is linked to address under your account of the exchange.  

And if you did send large amount to certain account.   You better have a good reason why you did it.   Money is still trace by the very first address.  No way to hide the money from that point.

If you mined the coins yourself.  It's possible to be anonymous.   As long you never link your IP address or your name to that specific mining address.  Have the client hide behind the VPN and tor.

If you buy the BTC in person with cash.   Both sides must not give out the real name during the transaction.   Huge disadvantage is you might give the cash to the wrong person even with username unless you find a way to secure the message without being intercepted.

yes, the only way to be truly anonymous is pay and be paid with cash in exchange for BTC personally by hands.
And this is I think it's all against what Satoshi thought - to create a digital currency to be used. Because if we pay with BTC for example in a e-commerce we have to gave them some of our personal identity to receive the goods - even if we chose to take it from lockers.

The Tor Network it's the one to be trusted
Guard your privacy
November 07, 2017, 05:10:08 AM
It depends on how you beliefs are but for me Bitcoin is not anonymous because we use blockchain so in that ledger we will see the transaction between person to person. so for me bitcoin is decentralize nor anonymous
yeah other person can see others transaction  or let we say our transaction. but the point about bitcoin being called  anonymous which is it can hide the identify of person involved on the transaction. What i mean no one know can figure it out who is the owner of wallet address. That's why neither country didn't accept bitcoin because of that reason that bitcoin is truly anonymous and maybe it can make a scenario that can break their laws.

You got the point.
The local government have always been scared about anonymously because they cannot control it preventing for example fraud by not paying taxes or other illegal stuff.
But more and more people, even if they are truly good person are realising that being anonymous is great anyway. Because they does not need to hide something it does not mean the can be spied and tracked by other agency - and so everyone must do what they really wants with their money.
Guard your privacy
November 07, 2017, 05:03:57 AM
Bitcoin is not completely anonymous. Since the data on the implementation of bitcoin transactions are public, you can observe where you send your money, that is, to which purse addresses and what amounts and from what purse addresses and what amounts you receive. Over time, a picture of your connections and their character will appear. If you cash out money somewhere and you need identification, you are fully disclosed and all your money transfers will be documented. Therefore, for investigative bodies there are chances to calculate any anonym under a pseudonym.

Great point buddy.
Because the blockchain itself is public everyone could access to it - even the Gov and its police. So they can track your identity when you cash out, and you will sooner or later.
So the hackers the have been blocking other computer with "wanna-cry" crypto-locker asking BTC to unlock it have the minutes counted ?

I don't think it's that easy anyway even if I see some company that are willing to create a software for getting someone your identity...
Activity: 166
Merit: 100
November 04, 2017, 10:09:04 PM
Once you buy bitcoin the coins is linked to address under your account of the exchange.  

And if you did send large amount to certain account.   You better have a good reason why you did it.   Money is still trace by the very first address.  No way to hide the money from that point.

If you mined the coins yourself.  It's possible to be anonymous.   As long you never link your IP address or your name to that specific mining address.  Have the client hide behind the VPN and tor.

If you buy the BTC in person with cash.   Both sides must not give out the real name during the transaction.   Huge disadvantage is you might give the cash to the wrong person even with username unless you find a way to secure the message without being intercepted.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
November 04, 2017, 09:59:23 PM
If you use Bitcoin as a medium to conduct transactions then Bitcoin is very privacy and anonymously because every transaction we do can not be known to others, our address will show the number of transactions we do but it's all limited to public information and our ID will not is known . it's all different from the conventional BANK that can be tracked who owns it.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 283
November 04, 2017, 09:54:01 PM
It depends on how you beliefs are but for me Bitcoin is not anonymous because we use blockchain so in that ledger we will see the transaction between person to person. so for me bitcoin is decentralize nor anonymous
yeah other person can see others transaction  or let we say our transaction. but the point about bitcoin being called  anonymous which is it can hide the identify of person involved on the transaction. What i mean no one know can figure it out who is the owner of wallet address. That's why neither country didn't accept bitcoin because of that reason that bitcoin is truly anonymous and maybe it can make a scenario that can break their laws.
Activity: 770
Merit: 106
November 04, 2017, 09:19:47 PM
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
October 28, 2017, 04:50:43 AM
The wallets are truly anonymous because there's no need for any information when we need to register. But bitcoin itself isn't anonymous as we can see the entire transactions through the blockchain network but there's no way to know on whom are the people that are transacting unless you know who are the owners of those bitcoin address but having no idea of who are the owners of it doesn't mean it's fully anonymous.
Activity: 2296
Merit: 225
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
October 28, 2017, 04:46:41 AM
Bitcoin is not completely anonymous. Since the data on the implementation of bitcoin transactions are public, you can observe where you send your money, that is, to which purse addresses and what amounts and from what purse addresses and what amounts you receive. Over time, a picture of your connections and their character will appear. If you cash out money somewhere and you need identification, you are fully disclosed and all your money transfers will be documented. Therefore, for investigative bodies there are chances to calculate any anonym under a pseudonym.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
October 28, 2017, 04:24:25 AM
By itself, bitcoin is not anonymous.

However, there are layers of technology that can be applied to it to help add some measure of anonymity to the transactions.

And of course, there are counter-anon technologies to nullify these.

Look to altcoins for anonymity features. There is no one altcoin that is best for anon. each has its own strengths and weaknesses.

if u were a dubious entity who wishes to use bitcoin to cloak ur transactions, u might actually be calling unwanted attention to said tx. It's like telling people where to look. granted they need to look long and hard, but then they would know where to look.

Guard your privacy
October 28, 2017, 04:03:07 AM

Just keep it in mind
Yes its absolutely anonymous when you save money in a private key wallet. Because blocks do not bother if you are steve jobs or luxcoin moreover there is no way you can trace the ip address using the wallet addy. Third party wallets are the actual identity disclosers.

You are right. As long as you keep that amount in your wallet. And hopefully one day you does not need to exchange them with fiat, but you can actually buy everything with them in every store. So that will be great.

Anyway I see nowadays many people that change their CCs within Exchanges that can hold your identity and track your public key - so it's not rocket science to associate that wallet with some identity
Guard your privacy
October 28, 2017, 03:59:28 AM
It can be very anonymous depending how you cashout your BTC.

If you're only holding BTC and not cashing out for fiat, it can remain anonymous. The moment you cashout using any online method such as PayPal, bank transfer, Skrill etc you can be tracked

Now if you want to cashout anonymously the only way I can think of is face to face without involving any banks etc just trading BTC for cash in hand.

Definitely a solution!
I mean you may NOT be a criminal - but if someone can truck your money, he can actually stole it someway. So it has to maintain your privacy and anonymous. Exchange them for cash is a great solution. I hope soon some exchange can offer that possibility, so you do not have to login in the website providing your identity.
Guard your privacy
October 28, 2017, 03:55:29 AM

Just keep it in mind

Well initially if you have just a wallet, you will be anonymous because there's no name attached in it. However, if you try to exchange and convert it to fiat, then you lost your anonymous because when you open a account you will need to submit pertinent to you identify. And besides, bitcoin is not really anonymous, but pseudo-anonymous. So if you really wants to remain anonymous, they say Monero is the best choice for you, however, I haven't tried it so I can't really say. But for me as long as you don't do anything illegal with your bitcoin, everything will be fine on your end.

I go along with your idea. The issue about privacy has always been a great battle to against for me - so that nobody regarding what you are doing with your own money can spy/track/control you in different ways. So I was saying that Cryptocurrency does NOT mean you are free and secure from everyone - so be careful in what you're doing.
Pages:
Jump to: