Pages:
Author

Topic: Is buy and hold a good investment option with price around $230 - Aug 2015 - page 2. (Read 3602 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
If you think longterm (up to 5 years), yes it's a good investment. Bitcoin only waits for a boost.
Positive agreed, i have hold and wait that moment but i have think like this when that will happen, can bitcoin price jumping to  $700 Roll Eyes

For 5 years of holding time, it's a no brainer that it will be a worthy investment, since it definetly will bring you more % profit than straight on holding it on a bank.
There's too much money to be made for people to allow bitcoin to go away.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Me, myself and I
If you think longterm (up to 5 years), yes it's a good investment. Bitcoin only waits for a boost.
Positive agreed, i have hold and wait that moment but i have think like this when that will happen, can bitcoin price jumping to  $700 Roll Eyes
Activity: 500
It's been over a month now.  Do any of you out there feel the situation with regards to buy and hold has changed at all. Have the risks increased or decreased.

A month is nothing. If people are looking to make a quick profit off bitcoin then that ship sailed long ago and you're waisting your time. The only way you're going to profit now is from the long game. Buy coins and hold for years not months. If bitcoin is going to go mainstream it isn't going to do it over night and I suspect for any decent gains we'll be waiting 2-5 years maybe more.
Activity: 686

Agreed, but still, bitcoin isn't exactly a safe investment. Buy and hold is definitely a good investment strategy, but be prepared to hold for a very long time.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481
No matter what we can say here I do think that another BTC bubble (because it will be a panic buy bubble) will come.
And when that will come we have to be ready if we want to get some chips.

I still go for the long term but I would like to monetize some cash from some cheap buying.

At least this is as I see it.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 918
Timing is very important.If enter the market at the right time and invest with the trend then you win.Please note that none of the investors and speculators can not win in a row, and it is also possible that you may miss some very appealing oppurtunities.

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I predict bitcoin price will raise to $250 in the end of the year. Like last year, bitcoin price increased in the end of 2014, and went down again in early year. From now, just look for the lowest bitcoin price for this season, maybe in two weeks from now or October. Goodluck at your investment Cheesy. In my opinion now is right time to buy bitcoin and hold it in your wallet Grin
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
It's been over a month now.  Do any of you out there feel the situation with regards to buy and hold has changed at all. Have the risks increased or decreased.
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Crypto.games
Just looking for some opinions.  I know I can make 0.5% on my cash in the bank so I'm thinking to put a small percentage into buy and hold of bitcoins. 

What do people think of this as an investment holding for 6 months, 1 year or 5 years?

just my opinion, i think no. its not the right time yet,
bitcoin will still go down, according to some indicators. but you can still invest a bit of it..
just for insurance.. Tongue and hold it tight... just be careful of scammers and hackers thought.
because we dont have government to pursue them.. Tongue
goodluck!!

Activity: 756
i feel like its going to take a little dip to around 200 then gradually increase in price.
Activity: 1540
Just looking for some opinions.  I know I can make 0.5% on my cash in the bank so I'm thinking to put a small percentage into buy and hold of bitcoins. 

What do people think of this as an investment holding for 6 months, 1 year or 5 years?

I think around $200 is floor for bitcoin..if it goes lower there will be huge buy orders...so yes I think it's decent price to buy and hold
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
i think its a good investment i believe the price will grow sooner or later
Activity: 854
Merit: 658
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
I wouldn't say bitcoin is ever a great investment option. It's okay if you want high risk and are interested in the technology.
Activity: 98
yes I guess so, the likely size of bitcoin prices will rise in 2016 to come, so it could not hurt to invest
Activity: 112
better when you save your money, because I think bitcoin prices will soon rise, but if you want to invest your money, then choose the 6 months
legendary
Activity: 896
Bitcoin will hit $500 easily next year, you are practically guaranteed to double your money if you buy now.
don't dream too high, i don't think so! seems bitcoin price now hard to hit $300. who will guarantee price will up next year

the block halving will surely affect the bitcoin price in a good way next year. but that's still quite some months away from now. currently we won't see much movement in the price as people are waiting for something to happen.
Activity: 560
Bitcoin will hit $500 easily next year, you are practically guaranteed to double your money if you buy now.
don't dream too high, i don't think so! seems bitcoin price now hard to hit $300. who will guarantee price will up next year
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
i don't think "guaranteed" is the right term.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1005
beware of your keys.
i am not sure with the price, because of the bitcoin XT debate matter.
for me, it is quite a good investment as it will be solved.
Pages:
Jump to: