Pages:
Author

Topic: Is buy and hold a good investment option with price around $230 - Aug 2015 - page 4. (Read 3602 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
if you plan to hold your coins for the long term, then yes. but for short term trading it still has to be seen if we'll test the $200 level once again.
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Just looking for some opinions.  I know I can make 0.5% on my cash in the bank so I'm thinking to put a small percentage into buy and hold of bitcoins.  

What do people think of this as an investment holding for 6 months, 1 year or 5 years?

0.5% per year? you are not even beating inflation.  Probably best to diversify buy some bitcoin/litecoin and do something else with the rest, i have most of my savings working for me in some way because i got fed up with the crappy bank rates.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Having a lot of money in a bank account that pay low interest is not an investment. It is just a placeholder to avoid loosing your funds.

If you have enough money to invest you should look for severl options since it is a bad idea to put all your eggs in one basket.

With bitcoin there is only one sure thing and that is that nobody know what will happen to the value. Historicaly there is very few investments in the past two years that has been worse than bitcoin but that does not tell anything about the future.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
Decentralized Asset Management Platform
Just looking for some opinions.  I know I can make 0.5% on my cash in the bank so I'm thinking to put a small percentage into buy and hold of bitcoins. 

What do people think of this as an investment holding for 6 months, 1 year or 5 years?
I guess it will be profitable in majority of the cases ..
but you know it,anything can happen in crypto world.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
Just looking for some opinions.  I know I can make 0.5% on my cash in the bank so I'm thinking to put a small percentage into buy and hold of bitcoins. 

If you are planning to hold for five years then this would be a good investement probably better then putting your money ini the bank , even if it's for one year it should be good since the halving block reward will happen 11 months from now , price should increase sooner or later but 5 years is a better option since there would be 2 halving blocks (the one 2016 and the other on 2020 I believe) Read this article aswell to get more info for how the halving will affect the price  : http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/03/13/how-will-2017s-block-reward-halving-affect-bitcoin-price/
Q7
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
leaving in banks doing nothing is not an option for me considering interest rate is way utterly too low. Rather than leaving it idle and doing nothing, I would probably diversify my holding to stocks and the rest into bitcoin. At least if one of it drops, there's a good chance the other will pick up.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
Probably yes, because I believe that Bitcoin will increase after this and now is this limit of the price to go down.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
well...leaving it on banks is much safer than on bitcoins at its present situation but that's also true that banks don't pay enought intrest rate as we are getting in bitcoins.. so I will just advice invest on banks only
Activity: 52
Merit: 0

Pages:
Jump to: