Pages:
Author

Topic: Is buying bitcoins the same as buying stocks in stock market? - page 4. (Read 2700 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Buying Bitcoins is entirely different from buying stocks because in stock market ,you buy shares of a company and you get profit or loss in proportion to the company profit and loss.But in Bitcoin, you get profit when price increases and vice versa.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
I'm just curious, are they just the same?
You can see it both as investing but I do think that stock is somewhat different but I am not sure about that because I have never done something with stocks.
I am just making use of Bitcoin but maybe that I some day will look in to stock as well.

Bitcoin is the best one when compare with the stock. Because any stock rate can be increase but not like bitcoin potential. In future bitcoin will most expensive stock of the world and everyone will running behind it.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
No, they are not.  If you buy bitcoin it will be owned only by you.  If you buy stocks you will become the owner of the company along with other investors.  Buying stocks is kinda risky as they say.  It will depend on the performance of the company you have share stocks with. So better to choose a good company before buying them.  As to bitcoins, it is just like a money though the difference is its value changes.  You could also spend it and you might want to invest it also.
Nice analogy, and bitcoin is different from  buying stocks indeed. Buying BTC is just like buying another currency,the exchange rate also varies like real foreign exchanges.A bitcoin is simply another currency in digital form.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

Actually bitcoin traders treat bitcoin just like stocks, buy low, sell high. While bitcoin is not stocks, it can be traded just like stocks.
It's not because people treat Bitcoin like stocks that they're the same, the buy high sell low principle applies to a lot of things.
Activity: 644
You can see it both as investing but I do think that stock is somewhat different but I am not sure about that because I have never done something with stocks.
I am just making use of Bitcoin but maybe that I some day will look in to stock as well.
in some ways yes because buying bitcoin is already an investment so if you play with it long term or short term you are aiming to profits from this investment same with buying stocks the principle is to gain profits you just needed to learn more about the investment that you are in with.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

No.It`s not the same.Bitcoin is a surrency like USD,euro,british pound.

It can`t be the same as stocks.You should read more about finance OP.

If the Bitcoin community was a giant company and bitcoins were stock shares,every bitcoin holder would be a

owner. Grin 
Activity: 658
Indeed, the whole point of Bitcoin is that you own the Bitcoin, it's like buying gold (assuming you own the gold and you are holding it yourself in your house and not through some 3rd party that carries the world for you).

As far as the market goes, it's like Forex on steroids, there's millions to be made and lost.
yeah seems like forex, gold, and other trades because you would wait for the right price so that you can get a quick profit buy buy it, Of course you also have the possibility to lose the same as other investment if prices weaken ?
Activity: 294
Minter

Actually bitcoin traders treat bitcoin just like stocks, buy low, sell high. While bitcoin is not stocks, it can be traded just like stocks.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
Great answers from everyone. The only similarity is the supply and demand effect of buying bitcoin that drives the price up or down. Except this supply and demand isn't unique to stocks, it applies to everything in the economy.
No it is not the same Bitcoin is a currency but the things is that you can use it as an investment because the value that changes.
With stock you are just investment but it is not a currency.
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
send &receive money instantly with no hidden cost
Day traders see it as forex on steroids, sometimes the price of altcoins fluctuate widely, it's almost as risky as forex trading.

i dont think it is literally the same thing to be honest, in my opinion it is more like buying foreign currencies or gold that might grow a lot in the future
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Indeed, the whole point of Bitcoin is that you own the Bitcoin, it's like buying gold (assuming you own the gold and you are holding it yourself in your house and not through some 3rd party that carries the world for you).

As far as the market goes, it's like Forex on steroids, there's millions to be made and lost.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
No, they are not.  If you buy bitcoin it will be owned only by you.  If you buy stocks you will become the owner of the company along with other investors.  Buying stocks is kinda risky as they say.  It will depend on the performance of the company you have share stocks with. So better to choose a good company before buying them.  As to bitcoins, it is just like a money though the difference is its value changes.  You could also spend it and you might want to invest it also.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
Yes but it’s slightly different. When you buy bitcoins, you invest in a technology having a revolutionary concept. No one can predict the accurate future of bitcoin because it’s something that is happening for the first time. If you are buying stocks then it totally depends on who is issuing stocks, most of the companies are doing traditional business which give a fixed kind of returns. In investment point of view, bitcoin investment is more risky but having good potential of high returns whereas stocks investments are something traditional kind of investments.

By the way, you can invest in both at a time, I think 1Broker has that feature to invest in stocks with bitcoins. Do your own research before investing.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
In my opinion, yes because you're like buying shares from bitcoin and you will keep it for a long term or either short. And its always up to you if when you gonna sell your shares. So for me it's same like investing in stock market.
Activity: 336

It is not the same. Bitcoins are a currency like fiat. Stocks give you ownership in a company. You are entitled to dividends as a stock holder. You don't get any income by just holding bitcoins, except for the price increases of course.

So that is the difference, you are knowledgeable indeed.  In my opinion it is like the same because it is like both investing. It would still bring profit to you in just different form.  But upon reading your post, yes, it is different.  We woould not have income with btc if we just keep it.  It will give us income if it goes well.  Hope that btc price would give us more promising future.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
The thing i remember when i had shares from some companies is they are volatil, they change daily as bitcoin, and can easy double as loose value, besides that you can only sell on the daily basics, meaning at weekend you cant do nothing. You pay a fee holding stock markets and you get some share of the revenue from the company. At bitcoin its 24/7 possible transaction, and you dont get a share from the revenue, as bitcoin just mooves up and down soo this will be from where your earnings may come.
Yes, they are similar in some aspects but not exactly the same, some economic and financial indices affect on price of bitcoin but at least not like that bitcoin works. You can buy bitcoin yourself and there are many more unknown variables on bitcoin price compared to stock.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
The thing i remember when i had shares from some companies is they are volatil, they change daily as bitcoin, and can easy double as loose value, besides that you can only sell on the daily basics, meaning at weekend you cant do nothing. You pay a fee holding stock markets and you get some share of the revenue from the company. At bitcoin its 24/7 possible transaction, and you dont get a share from the revenue, as bitcoin just mooves up and down soo this will be from where your earnings may come.
Pages:
Jump to: