Pages:
Author

Topic: IS CRYPTO TRADING ADDICTION? - page 18. (Read 4498 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 5
May 14, 2018, 05:45:35 AM
I think it's not crypto trading that is addictive, but the act of making money / gambling.
I agreed on your short but precise comment. It is not about addiction it is about greediness and wanted to get rich in a short period of time. We do not know exactly what happen to him so we don't have the right to judge him. We don't even know the real reason why he did this unacceptable act. But if it is due to huge lose because of crypto then he maybe did a very wrong decision such as investing all he have without further research.
Activity: 1005
Merit: 502
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
May 14, 2018, 03:40:21 AM
I think it's not crypto trading that is addictive, but the act of making money / gambling.

I agree with you. Many people don't invest in cryptocoins, but rather they consider the act of buying and selling a sort of gambling. And, yes, we all know gambling is a pathological addiction.
It's not cryptocoins' fault, but rather a weakness such people have in their minds.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
May 14, 2018, 03:36:45 AM
If a person is used to trade stocks, he will be crazy while trading cryptocurrency.
He might find it hard to fall asleep, since the market in open 24/7.
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
May 14, 2018, 03:14:55 AM
I heard about a guy in Moscow, who jumped out of the window, because he lost all his money in crypto investments and trading. So, do we have a new free heroin here? Is it possible to get addicted to crypto? 

I have yet to do any trading in my crypto currency, but I guess the rush you get from making an insane profit from something must be awesome. Addiction wise, I wouldn't compare it with drugs though. However, if you have an addictive personality, it is certainly possible to become addicted to trading (just like people who becomes addicted to gambling).
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
May 14, 2018, 02:57:49 AM
People get addicted to the sensations they get while trading. For example I get addicted of the pleasure of winning, but if I lose I get pissed off and I stop. Even for years.
Activity: 27
May 13, 2018, 08:36:08 AM
i dont know if addiction is the right word to use. i would say you can get obsessive with trading and this business but not addicted
Activity: 23
May 13, 2018, 08:32:51 AM
it is possible that some people may not be able to control their emotions. In trading which is mostly speculative, traders are always asked to put in only what they can afford to lose to avoid this kind of ugly situation. 
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
May 12, 2018, 10:16:45 PM
Maybe for some people who lose control on themselves, but in general, I dont think so. People just become addictive because they always want more. When people is not contented anymore thats the time they become addict. Crypto trading is good and there is a lot of opportunity there. You just have to know its risk before you enter it.
Activity: 840
May 12, 2018, 10:09:37 PM
I heard about a guy in Moscow, who jumped out of the window, because he lost all his money in crypto investments and trading. So, do we have a new free heroin here? Is it possible to get addicted to crypto? 

I think he suicide because lossing his trade or his money on crypto not because addiction on crypto. I think its different. But if we are making profits on cryptomarket, i think i will get addiction  Grin
Activity: 22
May 12, 2018, 09:46:29 PM
I don't think crypto trading is an addiction. Cause if you have money then you can start investing but if you don't then you don't have any choice looking through it.
Activity: 64
May 12, 2018, 04:25:21 AM
This may have nothing to do with the deal, and I think it may be that his transaction losses have exceeded the scope he can bear, and one can easily collapse in a desperate situation.
Activity: 294
May 12, 2018, 04:23:40 AM
I think it could become and addiction due to the fact the price changes so much. I think that maybe what led to the man committing suicide was him throwing all his money into crypto and sadly he didn't see a way out.
Activity: 221
Merit: 1
May 12, 2018, 04:17:39 AM
You need to reduce risk when investing and trading in crypto. Its a high risk investment which could give you a great earning but also could make you poor.
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
May 12, 2018, 04:06:40 AM
Gambling is addictive, and a lot of crypto traders do it blindly with no prior  information or data backing up their trades making it seem pretty much like gambling.
However with gambling you can win or loose, if you loose the way to make recover is to gamble again & you may loose again... Its best to avoid the practice than to have yourself chasing trends and stuck to your PC every hour.
Activity: 182
May 11, 2018, 11:33:38 AM
It can be addictive when you start making money. You want to keep making more money hence, your constant monitoring of token/coins prices to know if they fall or rise. You want to participate in more bounties. It can be very addictive but to the extent of taking one's live is extreme and stupidity.
Activity: 23
May 11, 2018, 08:20:32 AM

It is not an addiction. It is just another way to make money. The guy who jumped out of the window did it because he lost him money. But the trading comes with its own problems: make a mistake and you pay for it.
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
May 08, 2018, 05:50:27 AM
Every activity that detaches us from reality and makes us neglect friendships, family and health is an addiction, and the obsession with trading can actually reach dangerously pathological levels.

I can't agree more: you need to put some limit to your activity. More over, if you are tired it's very easy to make stupid mistakes.
Activity: 129
RedTube & Rasputin Party Mansion
May 08, 2018, 05:45:18 AM
Every activity that detaches us from reality and makes us neglect friendships, family and health is an addiction, and the obsession with trading can actually reach dangerously pathological levels.
Activity: 38
May 08, 2018, 02:53:24 AM
It totally depend upon you how much time you wish to spend in this forum. And once people start trading and earn profit then it is likely to get addicted. Trading is the best way to make money in less time so many people are getting towards it.
Activity: 88
May 07, 2018, 07:35:01 AM
For weak people it may be addictive, for others it is just pleasure and killing time. There are people who overdo it, stand 24/7 and just wait the smallest change in the market to benefit, it's too much to me. If you are doing something, do it for fun, not just for the money, or you will go crazy.
Pages:
Jump to: