Pages:
Author

Topic: Is cryptocurrency so difficult to understand - page 54. (Read 7180 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 0
Trust me if you are new to it you will struggle a bit. But it's quiet understandable due to the technology and technicalities involved. But never be carried away by those things, give yourself some time and you will see a positive change. Never be scared with the big names, little by little  Smiley
bitcoin makes me idealistic, yes, bitcoin demands that a bitcoin user be an idealist. the reason is because the owner of bitcoin is a bank of bitcoin itself, there isn't any muscle that controls, that's my point of view.
bitcoin makes you and me become idealists.

"control our mind"
Activity: 123
Merit: 1
Its true in starting its difficult to understand but if any body have interest and desire to learn than it become easy for them. For knowledge about  Crypto people should be keep updated themselves and gain knowledge through article and news.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
I engaged with young people and layman people in my communities on the quest of exposing them to cryptocurrency. During the period I discovered that they find It so difficult to understand the concepts, they are so much acquainted with fiat currency and traditional ways of making payment transactions.
I will be impress If I can get a valuable ways and methods in making them understand what cryptocurrency is all about and engage them actively.
Don't be too hard on those who don't understand Bitcoin in depth, because they will reject it raw, don't debate! because cryptocurancy is still a minority, and fiat has become their belief to transact legally. you better focus on your work in cryptocurancy and believe me the person who refuses your invitation will enter silently through the back door.
Activity: 160
I engaged with young people and layman people in my communities on the quest of exposing them to cryptocurrency. During the period I discovered that they find It so difficult to understand the concepts, they are so much acquainted with fiat currency and traditional ways of making payment transactions.
I will be impress If I can get a valuable ways and methods in making them understand what cryptocurrency is all about and engage them actively.

Its a public ledger using cryptography. Nothing fancy. Just send them some basic videos from youtube that explain it. It took me 10 minutes to understand the entire technology and how it works.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
"To understand" usually has two different meanings. one that everyone should consider is only to understand bitcoin as an end user meaning the basics such as how to use a bitcoin wallet and which wallet to use. and nothing about these topics are hard to understand. anybody with any level of education or any age can understand it.

but another meaning is to understand the technical aspect of things, in other words to peak under the hood. this is the hard thing but also it is not necessary if you are just a user of bitcoin.
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142
Slots Enthusiast & Expert
But that does not explain it...if you just say it's digital money. What is digital money? Who created it, how can it be worth something. I think your explanation is simple but yet too simple to be real explanation.

I think it is better to give just enough (short and concise) information and answer questions that arise, instead of giving mindblowing full information from the beginning. Human brain performs better when faced with simple tasks in sequence, not a full complex task.

However, it depends on your audience. If your audience is a scholar then maybe you can give a detailed explanation from the start.
Activity: 432
Merit: 126
We can blame them for being traditional. This is the way they were used to be. People will learn if they are interested on it. We cant force them to like what we like eventhough you have a good intentions in spreading a new and conventional ways in paying. Slowly people will soon to realize that blockchain technology will be very useful in the future use due to the new innovation and technologies is upgrading. Lets just be patient with it.
Activity: 166
Do you think the banking industry is easy to understand?!
Activity: 868
Merit: 104

Initially its very hard to understand what cryptocurrencies are all about, I believe many of us even on this forum do not have idea about the whole concept, so its hard to make anyone understand, also I would you to suggest that instead of giving only concept of making payments thr cryptocurrency, try to convenience them on other transactions, like inter country transactions are fast and secure with crypto.
Activity: 425
It can be hard to understand. But let's not forget that the current market is constantly changing. There are many crypto coins and it is not possible to dominate all. When investing, it is necessary to examine it well and invest it.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 509
For people who first heard the word cryptocurrency, it will be difficult to understand especially if they are not so techy people. Once they learn about it and experienced sending and receiving coin, they will know the basics and just a liitle more studies, they will certainly be familiar with it.
Activity: 560
Merit: 10
For normal people, yes it is. It is difficult to understand but it is not impossible to understand, isn't it? While on the other side, if you were a cryptographer, you should learn it so easily.
Activity: 462
Merit: 13
Trust me if you are new to it you will struggle a bit. But it's quiet understandable due to the technology and technicalities involved. But never be carried away by those things, give yourself some time and you will see a positive change. Never be scared with the big names, little by little  Smiley
Activity: 175

We can't blame others because they've not easily to understand this system maybe because they are not interested to it so they never give  them effort to understand it or maybe the are afraid in trying to involve with it because they've heard a lot of bad or negative news from medias regarding to it so they are really hesitating to go with it. Just remembering that in people that has a willingness, full of determination and interested in one thing are for sure never felt hard to understand all the things that connected to it. Cryptocurrency is not hard to understand maybe it only depends on us if how we embrace it to our life.
Activity: 976
Merit: 575
Cryptophile at large

Crypto is only as complicated as you make it. Do you need to be able to understand economics or how the monetary system works in order to be able to use it? Absolutely not. Most people I speak to don't even know what 'fiat' money means and certainly don't understand how it is created and what is wrong with the model of that. Explain bitcoin to new users in simple terms. You don't need to needlessly confuse them with tech speak and how things work under the hood. Just explain the basics of how it works and the benefits of using it or fiat money (ie the money in their pockets).
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106
no it is not difficult to understand unless you never heard about internet
the whole idea is complicated, there is no doubt about it but nothing too hard if you want to learn
but one thing is to understand the idea and what it is all about
another thing is to know it in and out,it can take years to reach some good level
Activity: 569
I think cryptocurrency is easy, just like fiat, you try to explain with the parable that crypto currency is a fiat currency, because in this way they will understand what cryptocurrency is faster
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Digital Crypto Wealth Management Platform
I don't think you need to explain cryptocurrency from the technical point of view. Just like we explain the internet: it is an information protocol. We did not explain about TCP/IP and IP v4 stuff. Just mention that it is a digital currency where money can be transferred quickly with a reasonable fee. And then show the wallet, how to transfer, and stuff...

But that does not explain it...if you just say it's digital money. What is digital money? Who created it, how can it be worth something. I think your explanation is simple but yet too simple to be real explanation.
Activity: 168
honestly say the author I have the same problem and it's very hard for me to explain to people what bitonin is. it seems to me it's hard to convey to people who do not want to get information
Activity: 14
For most people,all their lives they've been used to fiat currencies,so coming up with the crptocurrency to them will be all but strange and will take a little time to learn and adapt,that is very normal,each and everyone of us learned the crypto whims,it didn't fall on us
Pages:
Jump to: