Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Ethereum going to Die? - page 20. (Read 19640 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 251
Futurov
April 15, 2021, 06:56:05 AM
I dont think ethereum would die. It's an essential tool for most projects to create their very own tokens. They are used to create decentralized businesses which are not in existence before. Though the fees are insane, this wont stop traders/investors from using Ethereum's platform because there is no other tool that can provide the same services. Proof? You can see it for yourself in this forum. Majority of projects are ERC-20 tokens which is the technical standard used for all smart contracts on the Ethereum blockchain for token implementation.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 310
April 15, 2021, 05:43:47 AM
That word ethereum going to die, simply will not happen, why? because there are lots of things and application running in the chain, for that to happen there is something wrong or there is no one uses Ethereum chain, but in reality even there are some problems like gas fee, which is not yet resolved there are still companies that believe in ethereum, and if that happens there will be a massive loss that will happen.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 282
April 15, 2021, 05:05:14 AM
Ethereum is a massive player in the industry with brilliant minds backing it up. If ETH were to die, rest assured a lot would die along with it.
I agree, but if you take a closer look at BSC, you can understand that projects will simply be rebuilt into another network over time and everything will be restored.
Activity: 955
Merit: 500
April 15, 2021, 04:55:50 AM
Ethereum is a massive player in the industry with brilliant minds backing it up. If ETH were to die, rest assured a lot would die along with it.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
April 15, 2021, 03:41:21 AM

ETH 2.0 and L2 scaling solutions are more than enough for a multichain ecosystem.

I don't see enterprise level investors putting money on BNB, its an exchange coin. BNB is a temporary hack for small retail investors and pump and dump schemes.

you're betting that the team which has made zero progress on scaling in 7 years will suddenly scale to support the entire ecosystem. you're betting that intelligent, wealthy people with critical thinking and rationality will trust arbitrary decisions of anonymous eth devs with their life savings they wish to preserve for their heirs.

i genuinely wish i had the ability to be this out of touch with reality as you show here

Technically BNB is just a clone of Ethereum tweeked for better performance at the cost of decentralization and security. It has 22 validators. Eth 2 has more than 100000.

And of these 22 it's rumored that most are related to binance.

You think the rich and corporations will put their money on a coin controlled by a select few individuals.

There are other chains already in operation technically superior to eth and bsc, and it's not because  of that they will surpass in value eth or even bnb.

I think you question my reason for self validation and I suspect that is directly tied to your bags.
Activity: 812
Merit: 101
April 15, 2021, 03:38:53 AM
In my opinion, ethereum is unlikely to die, even though we know that ethereum has begun to be shifted by its rival, BNB, but it cannot be denied that ethereum still has a lot of enthusiasts and most of its projects use ethereum.

The problem with eth is still not resolved but what is surprising is that there are still many people who make transactions even the ETH chart is still stable, this proves that ETH will not just die, maybe BNB is taking advantage of this momentum to grow and this is making the competition a big name in crypto the more merrier.
Activity: 105
Merit: 1
April 14, 2021, 10:49:39 PM
I am actually thingking and wondering about the same like why do new project make the project base in ethereum chain. And people moving to bsc now i think this is the beginning of the end.
Activity: 95
Merit: 4
April 14, 2021, 08:53:37 PM

ETH 2.0 and L2 scaling solutions are more than enough for a multichain ecosystem.

I dont see enterprise level investors putting money on BNB, its an exchange coin. BNB is a temporary hack for small retail investors and pump and dump schemes.

you're betting that the team which has made zero progress on scaling in 7 years will suddenly scale to support the entire ecosystem. you're betting that intelligent, wealthy people with critical thinking and rationality will trust arbitrary decisions of anonymous eth devs with their life savings they wish to preserve for their heirs.

i genuinely wish i had the ability to be this out of touch with reality as you show here
April 14, 2021, 08:12:23 PM
I think BNB is a temporary solution for the high fees, it doesn't compete with ETH on decentralization, when ETH solves gas fees BNB will lose much of its purpose.

I do see an interlinked multi-chain future with ETH being the central store of value, and with BTC fulfilling the role of gold.

So the most likely scenario is that ETH isn't going to die in the foreseeable future.

ETH is more decentralized, but it's equally as vulnerable to regulation as BSC, making the decentralization difference negligible. Also the DeFi/NFT traders don't care about decentralization; they only care about an open system they don't need to KYC to use, which you don't need much decentralization for.

A bet on BSC is basically a bet on Binance, for as long as Binance is a dominant player, they will always be able to get users to swap to BSC off of ETH.

ETH can't even handle one chain, nevermind interlinking others; how that's plausible to you is beyond me.

I dont see enterprise level investors putting money on BNB, its an exchange coin. BNB is a temporary hack for small retail investors and pump and dump schemes.
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
April 14, 2021, 07:50:57 PM
This is a responsibility of the Ethereum improvement group and i think they see very well the issues that Ethereum is confronting at this moment, consequently causing Ethereum to develop into Ethereum 2.0, The Ethereum 2.0 change is a colossal history for the cryptocurrency and blockchain world.
We are really in need of the Ethereum 2.0 which has been proposed to tackle the issues that have been occurring in Ethereum, for example, scaling and costly gas expenses.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 255
April 14, 2021, 06:34:51 PM
I believe in ethereum as a major pioneer as a smart contract network for alts project projects, where ethereum is now working on fixing that weakness. Indeed, other smart contract networks will take a chance when ethereum is experiencing such problems now because of the high cost of gas. But allow it to give opportunities to other smart contract networks, because indeed they are lower fees than ethereum networks. If ethereum is done in solving the problem, everyone is free for their choice.
April 14, 2021, 06:31:09 PM
I think BNB is a temporary solution for the high fees, it doesn't compete with ETH on decentralization, when ETH solves gas fees BNB will lose much of its purpose.

I do see an interlinked multi-chain future with ETH being the central store of value, and with BTC fulfilling the role of gold.

So the most likely scenario is that ETH isn't going to die in the foreseeable future.

ETH is more decentralized, but it's equally as vulnerable to regulation as BSC, making the decentralization difference negligible. Also the DeFi/NFT traders don't care about decentralization; they only care about an open system they don't need to KYC to use, which you don't need much decentralization for.

A bet on BSC is basically a bet on Binance, for as long as Binance is a dominant player, they will always be able to get users to swap to BSC off of ETH.

ETH can't even handle one chain, nevermind interlinking others; how that's plausible to you is beyond me.
April 14, 2021, 06:26:31 PM

April 14, 2021, 06:07:49 PM
yes indeed everyone, including myself, complained about the very expensive fees in ethereum. But when I saw the ETH 2.0 project I felt they could solve the fee problem that was holding down ethereum.

but by looking at polka dots now I suspect that in the future polka dots can be strong rivals for ethereum because if you look at ETH 2.0 it will indeed make the ETH network scalable and more stable but it will still be less competitive with Polkadot because for now I can say the
features polkadot is slightly better than ETH.

Whatever happens in the future, I hope that ethereum can minimize the fee, because there are so many who still expect ethereum.

Polkadot won't do much to displace ETH because it requires an entire re-education of deploying and using smart contracts. You need to rebuild the network effects from step 1. That's like trying to climb a mountain, but putting a bag of rocks on your back first. It doesn't benefit from the encyclopedia of documentation and open source software designed for ETH.

Learn from CZ: To kill ETH, you copy/paste it, and make it cheaper and faster. BSC has blown past all ETH competitors very quickly, if you haven't noticed.
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
April 14, 2021, 05:07:32 PM
I am a long term supporter  of Ethereum and  know that it is the most trusted network to create smart contracts but the kind of Huge fees for withdrawal and swapping of tokens, we have to nowadays due to slow network or congestion , is going to make it unpopular coin in coming months and other networks like, Binance, EOS, Polka Dot may take its place . The issue with Ethereum is that its developers are trying to scale running Blockchain which is like repairing a car while driving.

I think Ethereum will not die until whenever, because Ethereum will remain a popular blockchain and platform for smart contract, so until whenever Ethereum will be the best investment for the long-term and that is evident from the ranking of Ethereum which remains in 2nd position on coinmarketcap, so that proves if people still believe to investing in Ethereum and I believe Ethereum will find a solution to make gas fees become low (maybe when ETH 2.0 is released then gas fees from Ethereum will be low), therefore I am sure if the gas fees from Ethereum has become low, so of course the price of Ethereum will increase higher than the current price and I think now is the right time for you to invest in Ethereum, because you can still get profit from investing in Ethereum.

for now and for the next few years ethereum will still be around. but I don't agree that Ethereum will be around anytime. It depends on ethereum, will she survive? will he be replaced with a more sophisticated system or technology in the future? Let's wait and see
Activity: 896
Merit: 17
April 12, 2021, 12:20:58 PM
he's dying...this is too loud to say, but if they hold out with their update for another couple of years, then the nearest competitor BNB will take its place, and it will be hard to enter the stream in such a race for a place in the sun Undecided
Activity: 170
April 12, 2021, 12:15:24 PM
>>https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.56766299
>but will dying slowly if current ridiculous fee
they would loss market share, bleeding share, very soon the big cpu chip maker would find its own demise, but when?

>>https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.56766350
>This scenario couldn't be worse.
look at the number of coins that does smart contract, their total market shares might be larger than ethereum, it’s unprecedented!
Activity: 1428
Merit: 120
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
April 12, 2021, 11:52:28 AM
With current development, it might be inevitable ethereum would loss more market share to its cheaper competitors, it’s crazy do you not realising everybody would flee? Will ethereum loss like big cpu chip maker loss it’s market share to famous gpu chip maker??? It’s interesting development, ethereum might be destined to die?
This scenario couldn't be worse.  Although ETH's large user base is almost "fleeing" from them to move to BSC, but ETH will still have a suitable foothold, because the interaction between ETH and the defi platforms is huge.  However, if they do not quickly complete the final stage of the ETH 2.0 upgrade, the value of BSC could surpass ETH's ATH at any time.  Is it time to take ETH's place?
Activity: 756
Merit: 100
April 12, 2021, 11:51:54 AM
In my opinion, ethereum is unlikely to die, even though we know that ethereum has begun to be shifted by its rival, BNB, but it cannot be denied that ethereum still has a lot of enthusiasts and most of its projects use ethereum.
Activity: 1829
Merit: 134
April 12, 2021, 11:44:06 AM
With current development, it might be inevitable ethereum would loss more market share to its cheaper competitors, it’s crazy do you not realising everybody would flee? Will ethereum loss like big cpu chip maker loss it’s market share to famous gpu chip maker??? It’s interesting development, ethereum might be destined to die?
It's not going to die but will dying slowly if current ridiculous fee Continue but there are already some Proposal to prevent this, First EIP-1559 which will make the gas much cheaper but there also another where the miners affected with negative impact on this when the Block rewards much lower but they will get another incentive from MEV (Arbitrage) https://www.coindesk.com/ethermine-adds-front-running-software-to-help-miners-offset-eip-1559-revenue-losses

Beside that Eth 2.0 Will be implemented sooner and this going to be an game changer on the market for sure, Let's wait for now.
Pages:
Jump to: