Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Facebook trying to profit from Cryptos ? - page 5. (Read 7698 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
Chances are low that Zuckerberg will accept Bitcoin. He wont like to see that his profit is coming from an asset i.e. 1% owned by his arch rival Winklevoss.

Well... if he really want, then he can easily buy 10% of all the Bitcoins currently in circulation, and it will cost him less than $1 billion to do so. After that who will have the bigger stash? The Winkelwii or Zucker?  Grin

BTW... I don't think that Winkelwii own all of the BTC100,000 in his ETF. Some of them are owned by other investors.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
It's just an app made by someone else. Facebook is just allowing that app.

Im pretty sure they cant block the app because they will always find a way around the restrictions to let users use the app to send the currencies
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital

yeah, i doubt facebooks ceo even knows such apps exists in their network.
all apps are allowed if they dont break t.o.s., so this isnt such a big of a deal as some ppl would like it to be.
shame, coz facebook would be a nice and wide market that could make bitcoin even more viral

I would be surprised if Zuckerburg did not know about major apps and/or apps that are bitcoin related.

Bitcoin has a lot of profit and Zuckerburg is likely watching it closely

Chances are low that Zuckerberg will accept Bitcoin. He wont like to see that his profit is coming from an asset i.e. 1% owned by his arch rival Winklevoss.
Activity: 476
Merit: 255
I hope so in future,
I often buy facebook credits, if using bitcoin will be cheaper. Cheesy
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

all apps are allowed if they dont break t.o.s., so this isnt such a big of a deal as some ppl would like it to be.
shame, coz facebook would be a nice and wide market that could make bitcoin even more viral

I would be surprised if Zuckerburg did not know about major apps and/or apps that are bitcoin related.

Bitcoin has a lot of profit and Zuckerburg is likely watching it closely
legendary
I don't think that he still has beef with the twins anymore.
Even if he did have an ax to grind with them, it should not prevent zuckerburg from making a potentially profitable business decision

Let's hope so. Someone had earlier posted that Facebook might be accepting Dogecoin very soon (instead of Bitcoin). That move, if confirmed is suspicious. Why Doge instead of BTC?
Activity: 266
It is not Facebook, it is apps that use Facebook that accept them.

Yes. Both are different. Zynga is already accepting Bitcoins, for its applications / games such as FarmVille. And Zuckerberg will never allow Facebook to deal with Bitcoins, as long as the Winkelwii are holding their coins.  Grin

I don't think that he still has beef with the twins anymore.

Even if he did have an ax to grind with them, it should not prevent zuckerburg from making a potentially profitable business decision
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

legendary

Yes. Both are different. Zynga is already accepting Bitcoins, for its applications / games such as FarmVille. And Zuckerberg will never allow Facebook to deal with Bitcoins, as long as the Winkelwii are holding their coins.  Grin
Activity: 146
Merit: 10
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere
Hope snapchat, vine, 4chan, and all the others will do the same
Activity: 448
It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

All I know is that I do not want my BTC anywhere near my facebook account.
Activity: 266

By allowing the app they can "get their feet wet" with Bitcoin being used with Facebook.

In the future they could implement features that are Bitcoin related.

Activity: 896
Could Facebook (or Google or Yahoo) create a crypto currency that threatens bitcoin?

They would but at least not now , As for facebook yes they can create thier own alt coin but it still need a push and premine . why not they get those that already there and cheap .
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
Could Facebook (or Google or Yahoo) create a crypto currency that threatens bitcoin?
Activity: 364
can someone make a bitcoin tipping app for facebook ?  would be nice to see that.  all these other coins get it, no reason bitcoin shouldn't as well.
Activity: 406
why is their no face coin or fbcoin Huh?
Because they would have to create it themselves, fb would def. not accept a currency made by some random wannabe dev.
they will probably do it,
but i think they will have to accept bitcoin

As with any business if there is money to be made from doing it they invariably will.
Activity: 714
Merit: 503
Because they would have to create it themselves, fb would def. not accept a currency made by some random wannabe dev.
they will probably do it,
but i think they will have to accept bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 966
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Activity: 854
it looks they are trying to add something like a way to tip
Pages:
Jump to: