Pages:
Author

Topic: Is government the most influential factor that affects Bitcoin price? - page 5. (Read 914 times)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 212
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Absolutely yes, the government has a very clear impact they can make the price of bitcoin rise and fall, depending on their wishes, the government only needs to make bad news and make traders afraid so they will sell their assets at cheap prices and the price of bitcoin falls again.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
What's the difference from other trading projects? In what you are best?
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
Yes and no. The government of one country cannot really influence bitcoin. But let's say if the government of many countries will unite and suppose it is banned, then this will already have a negative impact on its price. I think the concept you understand.
It depends on the countries that ban bitcoin, if the citizens of those countries are not really using bitcoin then a ban like that is not going to affect its price but if the countries that announced such a measure are some of the most powerful and the most influential when it comes to bitcoin then that will crash the price almost immediately but even that movement will not be enough to make something like bitcoin disappear.
Activity: 952
Merit: 41
I believe bitcoin is bigger then any individual or government if they truly have that power there will have used it against bitcoin long ago, I know bitcoin is still doing great by staying on the price all this time for the past one year the entire market have witness a lot of market crisis and that have even made bitcoin stronger so trump van not do anything to bitcoin cause he have no such power.
Activity: 476
Merit: 88
Online Cryptocurrency Exchange
Governments are the ones which create the binding law on their territory. If a big country, where cryptocurrencies had been popular is outlawing them, it could be a huge hit for the cryptocurrency market.
But big entities have as well very big impact. Advertising cryptocurrency products on google/facebook is impossible in most of the countries, what was another factor making the bear market longer and worse.
copper member
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
Veil
I do not know what will happen to Cryptocurrency should government decides to fight it for real but I do know that the bitcoin price per time can be determined by government interference , activities etc.
Since we all agreed that the Cryptocurrency market is a speculative one.
So any government interference could be interpreted to mean different things ans then the speculation starts.
Activity: 81
Merit: 11
Sorry for the naïve question, but I'm just really curious. What would happen to Bitcoin price if, for example, Trump declared all cryptocurrencies forbidden?

Can Bitcoin survive because of decentralization or some other underlying tech concepts, or will it simply drop down into oblivion if the government decides to fight it for real?

Giving the official status of cryptocurrency in different countries, as well as the growing use of Bitcoin as a daily means of payment and create people confidence in the further growth rate. But there are "pitfalls".
Activity: 574
Merit: 14
Sorry for the naïve question, but I'm just really curious. What would happen to Bitcoin price if, for example, Trump declared all cryptocurrencies forbidden?

Can Bitcoin survive because of decentralization or some other underlying tech concepts, or will it simply drop down into oblivion if the government decides to fight it for real?
Centralization is partly the reason why bitcoin is facing a lot of challenges in recent times, bitcoin did very well when there was less of government influence through legislations or "news on legislations". A trully decentralized bitcoin will really not be affected by government pronouncements.Its powers are derived from the people.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Yes. Government does affects bitcoin price but at the moment I cannot see that governments has something to do with the current bitcoin price. There are countries that their government don't care that much but still doesn't help bitcoin price to rise.
Well when it comes to influence, i doubt if any other institution can match the government. A ban or a statement of support can easily sway investors' confidence. If all government collectively ban cryptocurrencies i doubt if it can survive a crackdown. Same way if it adopts crypto and openly support it, we're likely to see prices go off the roof.
Activity: 546
Merit: 10
💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲
no, in my opinion it only has a slight impact on crypto, only at prices, the rest will continue to grow. Isn't the regulation at U.SU still prohibited so far? such as prohibiting KYC by using the U.S identity. But the worst is, if things like this followed by other big players
Activity: 392
Merit: 113
Yes. Government does affects bitcoin price but at the moment I cannot see that governments has something to do with the current bitcoin price. There are countries that their government don't care that much but still doesn't help bitcoin price to rise.
Activity: 854
Merit: 250
the government is very important and influential in bitcoin, they are the government of a country that controls its people. the government can do positive or negative things about bitcoin which will eventually reach its people. but I hope that the government of any country will think positively about bitcoin.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 886

If trump will ban bitcoin and altcoins and punish everyone by death for cryptocurrency use or will make everyone go in jail 1 transaction = 1 year, then yeah, it will affect a price a lot, trump a lot and new revolution will begin.
Government can affect price when they make very serious decisions, on another hand can you blame any government for current bitcoin price? From 6K to 3k? Non of them affected it.
Activity: 30
Yes and no. The government of one country cannot really influence bitcoin. But let's say if the government of many countries will unite and suppose it is banned, then this will already have a negative impact on its price. I think the concept you understand.
Activity: 882
Merit: 282

Government should be one of the most influential factors that affect bitcoin price positively or negatively.  I am a trader and since 2016 that I came into cryptocurrencies market I have seeing many fundamentals issues from governments affecting cryptocurrencies market.  Chinese governments has used People bank of China to control bitcoin price for some time. I think USA governments is also using sec to control or influence cryptocurrencies pricing through ETF approval.
Activity: 420
Merit: 20
simply getting the job done
Of course, this will negatively affect cryptocurrencies, but this does not mean that they will die. In fact, no one has yet stopped progress. Perhaps for quite a long time cryptocurrency will be depressed, but they will still develop, and if humanity understands that the blockchain has many advantages, then sooner or later it will still take its place in the global financial system. And no one can stop it. Fighting progress is stupid. Read the history of Japan, which at one time tried to isolate itself from external influence and did not allow foreigners into their country. In the end, Japan was faced with the fact that it is technologically far behind other countries and was forced to completely change.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
Yes, definitely the government will affect the Bitcoin's price since they are capable of using their power to influence it. I would also like to mention that the government has this system called oligarchy where they are connected to everyone and they have the power to control almost anything and cryptocurrency's price is included there.

Stock markets are controlled by SEC which is a government's agency as well (security and Exchange Commission). That is the reason why people would do their best just to be elected as an official because being involved in the government means the power to almost anything monetary or so on.
The mistake governments make is they have the belief they can control everything and the only thing they need to do is to pass more laws and create more security agencies and people will just accept it, bitcoin is proof that behaviour is no longer going to be tolerated by people and unless they change their approach then it is possible they will become obsolete as it is likely the next crisis will be their fault and people are going to realize it and move away from them and their fiat.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
I don't think it is fully influential in my opinion the most influential in my opinion is the investor of the crypto currency
Activity: 826
Merit: 256
If government bans the use of bitcoin and other cryptocurrency, you will never buy nor sell them publicly but only on someunderground exchanges. Government can exert influence on the price of bitcoin by imposing tax and regulation on crypto exchanges. But I believe that the intial price reactions will only temporary if the real aim of the regulation to curb money laundering ans other crimes that uses bitcoin.
Activity: 51
I think at the moment - it's not. At least the state doesn't regulate bitcoin openly. A big role in Bitcoin has a demand and mood of people to Bitcoin. Especially now, when no one knows what will happen next. Altcoins also affect the price of Bitcoin. They take investors themselves, thus, the demand for Bitcoin is less than it could be.
Pages:
Jump to: