Pages:
Author

Topic: Is government the most influential factor that affects Bitcoin price? - page 8. (Read 914 times)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100
I think the existence of legalization from the government will certainly give confidence to investors, so they are more confident to enter the market. so that it is expected to increase the price
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
The price would definitely drop. The use of btc would never end though.
copper member
Activity: 39
Merit: 10
The government definitely can affect Bitcoin's price with either bad or good news. Just imagine if CoinBase ceases to exist along with Kraken and many of the top and most trusted exchanges.  Prices would bottom for sure.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
Sorry for the naïve question, but I'm just really curious. What would happen to Bitcoin price if, for example, Trump declared all cryptocurrencies forbidden?

Can Bitcoin survive because of decentralization or some other underlying tech concepts, or will it simply drop down into oblivion if the government decides to fight it for real?

bitcoin as technology can survive of course, but the price of bitcoin is a different story, it will definitely decrease dramatically in value if the government declared all cryptocurrencies forbidden. So yes, the most influential factor that affects Bitcoin price is government and it could make bitcoin go back to $10 if that scenario takes place.
Activity: 30
Merit: 1
Sorry for the naïve question, but I'm just really curious. What would happen to Bitcoin price if, for example, Trump declared all cryptocurrencies forbidden?

Can Bitcoin survive because of decentralization or some other underlying tech concepts, or will it simply drop down into oblivion if the government decides to fight it for real?
Pages:
Jump to: