Pages:
Author

Topic: Is government the most influential factor that affects Bitcoin price? - page 6. (Read 914 times)

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1213
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
Truly governments were most influential on anything technology associated. If bitcoin has got support from governments around the globe, surely bitcoin could have reached a large number of users making a big change. More the usage more will be the growth of bitcoin, surely government support is a must. Government won't affect the bitcoin price, but letting it legally causes an increased demand which will push the value of bitcoin high. Another thing when governments get into the community automatically they tend to keep it under their control. This might affect the decentralized functioning.
Activity: 560
Merit: 145
You will not be able to hold a Bitcoin-based on price, the state may forbid using bitcoin but currently, there is no one country that has succeeded in stopping the circulation of bitcoin. It's been 10 years that bitcoin is in this world, none of them can control except price. You say, for example, Trump will ban bitcoin. Then the price will go down very quickly, it proves that bitcoin is only used as an investment tool, not as an alternative payment. So, many people must be aware that bitcoin is currently only used as a digital investment, even some countries categorize it as a commodity.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 502
Sorry for the naïve question, but I'm just really curious. What would happen to Bitcoin price if, for example, Trump declared all cryptocurrencies forbidden?

Can Bitcoin survive because of decentralization or some other underlying tech concepts, or will it simply drop down into oblivion if the government decides to fight it for real?
I'm not so sure the trump will throw away blockchain technology by banning it, digital money and blockchain technology is the best breakthrough in overcoming cash shortages. Even if that really happens, then investors or holders in that country will definitely sell crypto assets because trump regulation must be very heavy, as we know that the regulation made by trumps for me is too pressing.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Sorry for the naïve question, but I'm just really curious. What would happen to Bitcoin price if, for example, Trump declared all cryptocurrencies forbidden?

Can Bitcoin survive because of decentralization or some other underlying tech concepts, or will it simply drop down into oblivion if the government decides to fight it for real?
For me I think with or without governments Bitcoin will still be great. Though governments can affect the growth or market flow of Bitcoin due to some decissions like total ban, regulations and other laws that is against Bitcoin and the rights of it's citizens to interact with it. Even though governments will prohibit the use of Bitcoin in a specific country people will still use it as it is a decentralized asset  that does not need government intervention however it will slow down the adoption.
Activity: 602
Merit: 11
Government is not the most important factor that affects the price of bitcoin but its usage as in the demand and supply. Some countries have banned the use of bitcoin but the citizen still mine or use it.
because the government does not prohibit this. like in my country where it is not prohibited to have bitcoin, so the risk is borne personally. and what is banned is bitcoin to transact. I think the role of the government has its own place for the development of bitcoin, with the legalization of course more investors will come
Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

The government's regulations and decisions on bitcoin still has a lot of weight on the bitcoin price, there is absolutely no doubt about that. Especially in the short term, prices could be extremely volatile as people tend to overreact to these types of news.

But I definitely doubt what people say about "if the government wanted to shut down bitcoin, they could do so instantly". With a distributed ledger like bitcoin, it is quite proof to events like this from happening, and it would simply be unfeasible both technically and financially for a country to actually do this on a large scale.

So yes, short term speaking I think that government policies remains one of the most influential factors of bitcoin price (other regular news is probably more influential, though, like exchanges). But in the long run even if government's aren't 100% supportive of bitcoin, I don't think bitcoin will be affected much.
Activity: 644
Merit: 102
Government is not the most important factor that affects the price of bitcoin but its usage as in the demand and supply. Some countries have banned the use of bitcoin but the citizen still mine or use it.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
in my opinion not the most influential is the investor itself in my opinion the development of the crypto currency is influential if the government without investors certainly has no meaning
Activity: 700
Merit: 10

I think if Trump declare cryptocurrency is forbidden, it will affecting to cryptomarket. But i think its just temporary because many country still allowing and regulating cryptocurrency like south korea. I am believe government can not forbid cryptocurrency because bitcoin or others crypto is decentralized.
Activity: 826
Merit: 100
In my opinion if the trump issued the regulation will directly affect bitcoin and the crypto currency market, because the government does contribute to the price movement of a commodity including bitcoin, when the government prohibits a commodity from being traded, the people will certainly obey the regulation because the public is afraid trading commodities that are prohibited by the government means they violate the law and can get sanctions.
indeed the government's policy to legalize bitcoin will encourage the development of BTC. but in my country even though it has not been legalized, but we can invest, and not violate the law, except for transactions
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
Bitcoin will always exist even though the government forbids it but it is certain that the price will fall very far. In my opinion the government has an important role to play in the progress of the blockchain technology.

And how can you say that?

We are talking about Bitcoin here and the government being the most influential factor that affects its price which is obviously wrong. Government can affect the price of Bitcoin but in only one way, banning and regulating Bitcoin in their country but that does not mean it is the most influential one, in the end we investors are the most influential factor of the Bitcoin price. Without us, there will be no such thing as ATH or cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin will not be volatile nor exist without us. And don't say that the government has an important role on progressong on the blockchain technology since they are not the ones who are doing the developing, they are still users of that developed technology.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
In my opinion if the trump issued the regulation will directly affect bitcoin and the crypto currency market, because the government does contribute to the price movement of a commodity including bitcoin, when the government prohibits a commodity from being traded, the people will certainly obey the regulation because the public is afraid trading commodities that are prohibited by the government means they violate the law and can get sanctions.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
No i don't think so
For sure if China gov will announce that bitcoin trading is legal one time again then we will have pump
I see bitcoin price more like a cycles same like fiat economy has his cycles
Usually every four years there is recession and it is normal and healthy
Next year we have bitcoin halving and any gov will not be able to disturb price rise
Most countries might legalize it someday. but in my opinion the government might contribute to changes in the price of bitcoin on the market, see the ban imposed in early 2018, making the market shake? but that is not enough to destroy the bitcoin market.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054

the government want cuts thus all these stuff are happening from banning crypto and regulations asking taxes. they had us by the neck when we ask for adoption and so they denied ETF over and over. in all market its always the government that controls how it works. if crypto had to be adopted widely, the people behind it has to abide the government who sets the rules.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

Probably, I guess it is the government branches not directly governments. For example, we have been talking about SEC for a long time (unfortunate about what happened) and SEC is not "the government" but more like a government branch. It means all over the world there are government branches that are connected to bitcoin and crypto currencies and make laws about it or regulates it and so forth.

Usually, stuff about bitcoin and crypto do not pass through the house or senate and what not, its not that big and neither its their problem, so they appoint a branch to take care of it instead. That way we know which branch is responsible in all countries (like sec in USA ) and know where to focus our voice.

They do have the make or break power because even tough bitcoin is decentralized banks you withdraw your money to is not and if you are dealing with just bitcoin that is great but if you want to cash out then it needs to be regulated and when a branch says "its free of tax, we love it, everyone should use it" or whatever it would make the price jump up and when they say "its illegal, nobody can own a single satoshi or will go to jail" or something it will make the price go down.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0

I don't think they can actually stop the use of crypto because it is built so you can't ban it.
Activity: 854
Merit: 250
Bitcoin will always exist even though the government forbids it but it is certain that the price will fall very far. In my opinion the government has an important role to play in the progress of the blockchain technology.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206

Such a ban will definitely affect the price of bitcoin and will affect its adoption rate since we are talking about one of the most powerful countries when it comes to their economy, but that will not kill bitcoin, as a technology bitcoin will continue to thrive and to improve and even if all the countries around the world took that stance bitcoin will not disappear and it will be a matter of time before some countries reverse that decision or the people decide to disobey.
Yes, definitely the government will affect the Bitcoin's price since they are capable of using their power to influence it. I would also like to mention that the government has this system called oligarchy where they are connected to everyone and they have the power to control almost anything and cryptocurrency's price is included there.

Stock markets are controlled by SEC which is a government's agency as well (security and Exchange Commission). That is the reason why people would do their best just to be elected as an official because being involved in the government means the power to almost anything monetary or so on.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

Such a ban will definitely affect the price of bitcoin and will affect its adoption rate since we are talking about one of the most powerful countries when it comes to their economy, but that will not kill bitcoin, as a technology bitcoin will continue to thrive and to improve and even if all the countries around the world took that stance bitcoin will not disappear and it will be a matter of time before some countries reverse that decision or the people decide to disobey.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
No i don't think so
For sure if China gov will announce that bitcoin trading is legal one time again then we will have pump
I see bitcoin price more like a cycles same like fiat economy has his cycles
Usually every four years there is recession and it is normal and healthy
Next year we have bitcoin halving and any gov will not be able to disturb price rise
Pages:
Jump to: