Pages:
Author

Topic: Is here anyone holding large amounts in MyEthWallet.org? - page 4. (Read 582 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 10
There are just so many hacks of mew addresses that I wouldn't dare to hold some bigger amount of tokens there. I would trust even exchanges more than mew. On hard drive, desktop wallet, without 24/7 access to internet. Of course there is a problem that not all erc20 tokens have their wallets, but then, you wouldn't hold that kind of tokens in large amounts.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I cast-off this wrinkle championing a measure abundant extent, however so I got taken disc from it, I twitched to metamasк and exodus
Activity: 812
Merit: 10
BountyMarketCap
Myetherwallet is absolutely safe, just never post your password or private key at some suspicious page or any place where it can be accessed by someone, online security is mostly one's own responsibility.
Activity: 798
Merit: 109
https://bmy.guide
First, MEW is not MyEthWallet.org --- it is https://www.myetherwallet.com/ . If you will be confused with the URL and make even a 1 letter mistake, for sure you'll be a victim of Phishing in the future.

Second, what project do you plan to invest in? As long as it's an "ERC-20" Token(s) you can use MEW to create wallet and access it.

Third, being SAFE depends on you.
  • You'll be holding your Private Key / JSON file / UTC file which can be used to open your wallet - keep it in a safe place
  • You'll be the one to visit the MEW site - make sure you are in the correct URL before unlocking your wallet

If ever your files were exposed or you visited a Phishing site, expect that your funds will be stolen and it's your fault.

Helpful MEW blogs:
Getting Started on MyEtherWallet.com
Protecting Yourself and Your Funds
You explain it well mate, highly recommended is MEW for holding your coins. You are the one who keeps responsibility for your account by keeping the private key to a safe place. But beware of phishing link it might be got all your fund. So, MEW is the best one for you mate..
Activity: 434
Merit: 110
I want to invest in good quantity. but it is very hard to rely on hardwallets. MyEthWallet seem good in terms of ease of availability. I need to know if it is enough safe to use MEW?

i hold around 25 grands on my ethereum wallet. combination of token and ethereum. it is safer than any other wallet.
I advice to use hardwallet and secure your privatekey.
Activity: 177
Merit: 11
Lacoste
I want to invest in good quantity. but it is very hard to rely on hardwallets. MyEthWallet seem good in terms of ease of availability. I need to know if it is enough safe to use MEW?
Safe or dangerous use is up to you.
Rather, you are the holder of your account and must know how to protect yourself.
Do not expose private keys, passwords, and keystore / json files.
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
You have money but you can't buy a hard wallet  Grin?  In investment, preserving capital is the most important thing. Holding a large amount on MEW is not safe for you. You can hack all asset when you access in phishing site or something like this. Be careful. Let's get a hard wallet.
Activity: 98
I think you should be careful when saving your assets, many fraud sites will get your private key, I advise you to use Metamask when you want to make a transaction, it will keep your assets safe from phishing sites, you can visit phishing sites that are still active until now https://etherscamdb.info/scams
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
all ethereum wallets can be opened on myetherwallet because that website only interfaces.
Activity: 156
Merit: 1
You can hold large sums with the MEW interface.  It's perfectly safe as long as your careful and go to the correct site and such.  No need for fancy hard wallets. 
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
why is it so hard to use a hardware wallet? they are extremely simple and easy to use
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
You are not storing anything in MEW, no one is storing anything in MEW, this has been explained several times and it is mentioned on their website as well, you can use MEW if you like but take the time to understand very well what you are doing, in order to avoid a surprise in the future in which a hacker is able to steal your coins just because you were careless.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 262
Do you think the $ 2000 number is big, or is it still small?
I have saved that amount in a few weeks, before I finally withdraw from MEW. and nothing, everything is safe.
Activity: 714
Merit: 102
according to what I feel, wallet hardware is safer than Myetherwallet. but myetherwallet is also safe enough to store your assets, you can also use metamask to protect the security of your account.
Activity: 97
Well, most of the coisn I receive on myetherwallet are from bounty campaigns and airdrops and most of them are sold after little time, so no, I don't hold large amount in wallets.
Activity: 196
I don't stored huge amounts on mew but yes I have a couple of tokens that I have been holding that are just in my mew. They say that it is not safe to store your holdings in mew but I think that is all up to the user. I have been using mew for a while now and I haven't have any issues or hacks happened to me. Those reports of hacks and missing tokens are more on user error.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 647
First, MEW is not MyEthWallet.org --- it is https://www.myetherwallet.com/ . If you will be confused with the URL and make even a 1 letter mistake, for sure you'll be a victim of Phishing in the future.

Second, what project do you plan to invest in? As long as it's an "ERC-20" Token(s) you can use MEW to create wallet and access it.

Third, being SAFE depends on you.
  • You'll be holding your Private Key / JSON file / UTC file which can be used to open your wallet - keep it in a safe place
  • You'll be the one to visit the MEW site - make sure you are in the correct URL before unlocking your wallet

If ever your files were exposed or you visited a Phishing site, expect that your funds will be stolen and it's your fault.

Helpful MEW blogs:
Getting Started on MyEtherWallet.com
Protecting Yourself and Your Funds
Activity: 308
MEW is a great purse for use. But all you need to read is how to keep it safe. You must keep it on a separate computer, or on a hardware purse. These are the safest views on how much I know.
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
No, I must admit that the amounts of ethers that I have managed to accumulate are very small, at most I have only had a couple of them, but in case of accumulating at least 5 ETH, I would definitely look for better alternatives to store them, because I do not think MEW is as reliable as many think.
Activity: 275
I used this purse for a rather long time, but then I got stolen tokens from it, I switched to metamasк and exodus.
Pages:
Jump to: