Pages:
Author

Topic: Is here anyone holding large amounts in MyEthWallet.org? - page 5. (Read 582 times)

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
MEW is safe if you take precautions not to click on phishing links and/or by using metamask with MEW. It is a good wallet to use if you like to store lots of ETH tokens but I don't feel comfortable storing large amounts there.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 280
Smart World Global Token
Myetherwallet holds nothing. It's just a window to your private key. Util and unless you keep your private key safe, your balances would be totally safe.
But you need to be continues about putting your private address anywhere. There are a lot of MEW clone that would steal your private key and hence your balance.
Activity: 350
Merit: 36
MEW is an interface, technically speaking u're not storing ur tokens on the MEW site... e.g., u store ur data on some harddisk, microsoft windows is the interface via which u interact with ur info. having said that though, i wld recommend metamask at least (also another interface, but has better security, can interact with MEW too), if u have a sizeable am of eth or erc tokens. for highest form of security, go for hardware wallets. google them online.
Activity: 62
Merit: 1
I want to invest in good quantity. but it is very hard to rely on hardwallets. MyEthWallet seem good in terms of ease of availability. I need to know if it is enough safe to use MEW?
Pages:
Jump to: