Pages:
Author

Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous? - page 42. (Read 4477 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 252
March 08, 2018, 05:34:26 AM
Holding anything can be risky but alt coins are more than that. All alt coins depend on btc (when btc goes up their value rises) but when btc goes down the value of alts sink heavily. So often there are alts which carry interesting new ideas but often lack the key feature of bitcoin. it is well known as network effect.
Activity: 350
Merit: 101
Your professional profile on the blockchain
March 08, 2018, 05:29:10 AM
I would rather say that it dangerous (because in total it is risky to invest in cryptocurrencies) but in my opinion it is the only way to get big profit (holder always win Grin).
Activity: 261
Merit: 100
March 08, 2018, 05:24:03 AM
I can't find a reason why holding altcoins is dangerous. We all know that if a certain project don't do some improvements after a certain time it will eventually lose its value overtime. That is why we need to research and study first about the coin we are investing if its for a long term investment or just short term. So everything depends on the holder if he/she holds a coin forever even if he/she is not seeing any improvements because those coins will lose its value in the end.
Activity: 1123
Merit: 253
March 08, 2018, 04:55:59 AM
Not really. It is not holding altcoins per se that is dangerous. It is holding useless and shit altcoins that is dangerous. Holding altcoins is actually a good thing. It is an advisable strategy as the longer time you give your altcoins the bigger the gains you are making and the bigger the possibility that all these altcoins will be able to succeed in reaching their goals. Just avoid the shitcoins as they will definitely die early.
Activity: 32
Merit: 1
March 08, 2018, 04:40:50 AM
holding alts can be dangerous, this can be profitable or loss. look for a coins that has good potential in the future to holding rather than choosing a coins without potential. this can reduce the risk of loss

That is right. I just hold good alts like the Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum and ZCash. They are quite secure.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
March 08, 2018, 04:19:57 AM
The ever-changing changes to altcoin are an ever-present characteristic. Altcoin's price is very volatile in every moment so it has a high risk, that's the reason that holding altcoins for a long time becomes very risky to lose. For me we need a very good data analysis to be able to predict Altcoin price movements, but I think that trading Altcoin much better in a short tempo that is when we already get profit margin then we immediately do the action. All things related to investment is very risky, but when we can get the right momentum then we can achieve big profits. All depends on us because we take risks in order to get good results and we certainly want to get a future full of happiness.
Activity: 602
March 08, 2018, 04:10:37 AM
Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
Yes, holding alts always involves danger because cryptocurrencies are unpredictable. Meaning, either we loose or gain some profits. Holding is easy kind of job because we are only waiting for the coin we hold to increased.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
March 08, 2018, 04:01:48 AM
Somehow it is. Most frequently the alts that was not well develop by dev to last for a long time in cryptocurrency. Alts that defeated is the dangerous to hold because it have no value at all or simply it is useless anymore. No change to recover. But not all alts have the same Destiny in crypto land.
those alts that your saying is those pump and dump,or those shitcoin that only created to deal with investors and not the market,this kind of coins are only for profits,this has no concern in the coins but for the sale only,after it was released on the market just alittle while and it will be dead,better try to find those coin that has good roadmap and whitepaper
Activity: 546
Merit: 4
March 08, 2018, 03:51:06 AM
I think holding altcoin is not too dangerous as long as you are not careless in investing. Make sure that you invest in altcoins that have great prospects and potential for success. Keep an eye on market conditions and altcoin and dollar inflation. Follow some of the best channels in investment and trading affairs so you do not miss important information. So you can hold altcoin according to your destination within a certain period. The benefits you will get will be in accordance with what you expect. thank you
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
March 08, 2018, 03:42:55 AM
It's a high risk high reward situation ... You might lose all your $ (you should be aware as to not invest more than you can afford to lose), but you could strike gold with a few alts. Best of luck !
Activity: 658
March 08, 2018, 03:23:23 AM
People have to say hold. No matter how dangerous it was, it was already very harmful and so nobody sells their hand. If there is no danger or risk, the gain is also small.
So we are investing altcoin despite the danger Smiley
Activity: 75
March 08, 2018, 03:11:20 AM
I dont see anything dangerous by holding altcoins. I think dangerous is who are holding altcoins especially if the market price too dip. 
Activity: 390
March 07, 2018, 11:59:15 PM
holding alts can be dangerous, this can be profitable or loss. look for a coins that has good potential in the future to holding rather than choosing a coins without potential. this can reduce the risk of loss
Activity: 193
March 07, 2018, 11:49:26 PM
Somehow it is. Most frequently the alts that was not well develop by dev to last for a long time in cryptocurrency. Alts that defeated is the dangerous to hold because it have no value at all or simply it is useless anymore. No change to recover. But not all alts have the same Destiny in crypto land.
Activity: 168
March 07, 2018, 10:59:44 PM
dangerous if you always freak out when the price of coins down. actually, if altcoin holds the longer thus very promising because of course the result will be getting up and getting higher than the initial price you hold come.
Activity: 252
Merit: 18
March 07, 2018, 10:16:35 PM
There’s nothing inherently wrong with hodling altcoins like you would bitcoin, but it would be foolish to just put altcoins ir Bitcoins in the bottom drawer and come back years later expecting to find they are all worth a fortune - for the reasons you mentioned that coins can fall out of favour and die for many reasons, including hard forks/developers abandoning the coin/coins with improved and better technology coming along etc.

Assuming you’re going to stay invested through the market bull runs and crashes each year, I believe your portfolio should be managed with sensible trading to ride the various waves of bitcoin and then larger altcoins and then smaller altcoins up in the bull phase with profits being taken from each wave into your core holdings of bitcoin +/- the best altcoins for the crash that will always follow. You should try to be ahead 2-3x with your capital after each bull-run and crash. Many investors have just bitcoin as the ‘core’ holding in that statergy, but I’m happy to have what I think are the best and most promising altcoins as well as BTC - such as NEO and ZIL.
Activity: 504
March 07, 2018, 10:13:04 PM
Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh

I cant really tell when is the right time or right year for altcoins to rise. The movement of the price of bitcoin and altcoins depend only on the demand of people around the network. The price will change in a matter of days or weeks or even months. So it's just a matter of guessing but like bitcoin there will be time that it will rise more and will stay to that price so need to choose what alt to invest but don't base on time base on what it's project will be if people will like it. So I can tell it is never dangerous to hold but risky if you invested a lot and you chosen the wrong altcoin you invested. But don't lost hope maybe there will be time that it will rise up again.
Activity: 6
March 07, 2018, 10:10:14 PM
I do not think it will be dangerous. there are very nice projects
Activity: 486
Merit: 250
March 07, 2018, 10:08:01 PM
If you are well informed to the alt coins you've invested then there is really nothing to worry about. Right? I mean come on guys, why ask such a question I find well too bizarre for the lack of words. If you don't know what you are engaging with then avoid cryptos as a whole.
Activity: 127
March 07, 2018, 09:57:57 PM
Alts are dangerous in general for investing. Look at how many coins/project that has literally failed. I read somewhere that 90% of new ICO have failed since 2017. If you believe in the project and willing to hold it long term then anything is possible.
Pages:
Jump to: