Pages:
Author

Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous? - page 44. (Read 4477 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 10
https://streamies.io/
March 06, 2018, 11:35:22 PM
holding alts are not dangerous if you will study every altcoins that has a posibility to go to the moon,  and what alt coin you will hold, just like what happened on CARDANO, its just like a wild card that goes to 6 (now) on coinmarketcap. when it  was on its peak its on top 2. always remember to read and study. those altcoins will be our backup if bitcoin will drop again just always be careful on what altcoins you will invest.

For sure, there is risk in holding altcoins. But this risk worths holding the coins. It's needed in other word, and if you get profit, the risk of holding would be the supporter of your profit.

Risk is taken for great chance of profit at the end of story.
We all dont want to have risk for our capital but if you dont take it then just stay in comfort zone where we get certain income but not enough to make us rich
Holding is a risky business. If your knowledge is not solid, you can lose all your capital in just a few days. You need to know more about the crypto market for the most accurate analysis.
I really do not trust the altcoins, the cost of them is dependent on the billionaire investor. They will control the cost of all the altcoins and it will cost us a loss if we do not have enough patience and knowledge.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
March 06, 2018, 10:47:06 PM
holding alts are not dangerous if you will study every altcoins that has a posibility to go to the moon,  and what alt coin you will hold, just like what happened on CARDANO, its just like a wild card that goes to 6 (now) on coinmarketcap. when it  was on its peak its on top 2. always remember to read and study. those altcoins will be our backup if bitcoin will drop again just always be careful on what altcoins you will invest.

For sure, there is risk in holding altcoins. But this risk worths holding the coins. It's needed in other word, and if you get profit, the risk of holding would be the supporter of your profit.

Risk is taken for great chance of profit at the end of story.
We all dont want to have risk for our capital but if you dont take it then just stay in comfort zone where we get certain income but not enough to make us rich
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
March 06, 2018, 10:38:45 PM
What causes danger? This sort of thing is just an expression for people who are afraid of loss only. all the stuff in holding coins and investing either in altcoin or all of them at risk of bitcoin and dangerous but if you can handle it then great results will certainly be obtained.
Activity: 672
March 04, 2018, 01:08:19 PM
people are worried about the multiplicity of ico projects. I think you're making unnecessary panic
Number of projects is not important as long as people are interested.
Activity: 364
February 27, 2018, 05:41:40 AM
There is no such word as dangerous if you know what coins are you holdings and avoid buying lots of different altcoins. Also buy the ones that have been known already to the market but that requires a large amount of capital. Or do your job first by doing research for a potential coins that could give you a nice profit anytime soon. Always remember that shitcoins are spreading fast like a virus.
Activity: 322
February 27, 2018, 04:53:29 AM
It's really depend on the alt coin that you hold.
If you hold the scam-shit-pump-dump coins then you need to worried, like a lot.
Please do your research before put your money all in. Only good project/ alt coin that will sustains in the long term.
Yeah I agree, the best strategy to gain much profit on this crpyto technology is to hold your coins. Every investments has risk but you can't gain without a facing the risk. You need to conduct your own research about that altcoins. Know who are the developers and the supporters of that particular altcoins. The success of your investments will rely on your decisions. Hold until you gain profits. Note too greedy is not good.
Activity: 686
Merit: 11
February 27, 2018, 04:33:27 AM
Your fears are clear.
However, it is still too early to be afraid of competition in the crypto world in related areas. This market is still young and not saturated. Now it is more important to beware of scammers.
Activity: 448
Merit: 11
February 27, 2018, 04:16:40 AM
I can say that NO. Holding alts is not dangerous if you just bought altcoins that is quality and the project has special features or purpose, there are many altcoins that is shitcoin, not legit. So make sure that you are holding altcoins that has the quality and real team behind the project.
Exactly, we cant be sure that all coins existed today really have a good future nor it will be dead. That's why we should invest those coins that have a huge changes of gaining and it could be possible that it will last for long. You may consider all the aspects to know which one is good and by monitoring each daily to know it is growing or not.
yes, that's true, at the moment a lot alt coin are circulating and there are some of them become ash because of poor management and not supported by the community. If you still intend to hold alt coin for the long term, can read whitepaper and roadmap as a reference in the future, whether that alt coin have survival opportunities or not, can also check the community and developers. we can see from some alt coin that still exist until now and have big support from their community like ripple, eth, doge etc
Activity: 602
Merit: 102
February 27, 2018, 03:28:15 AM
There are lots of alternative coins and even more are coming up. Holding alts to me, is not dangerous - when you hold the right alts. What i see dangerous is holding an alt that does not have prospect or potential. Which is why it is always good to detect promising coins, that you intend holding.
Activity: 431
Merit: 102
February 27, 2018, 02:49:54 AM
Holding is not bad its good if you see at some coins that have performed good.
Activity: 434
February 26, 2018, 07:55:18 PM
I can say that NO. Holding alts is not dangerous if you just bought altcoins that is quality and the project has special features or purpose, there are many altcoins that is shitcoin, not legit. So make sure that you are holding altcoins that has the quality and real team behind the project.
Exactly, we cant be sure that all coins existed today really have a good future nor it will be dead. That's why we should invest those coins that have a huge changes of gaining and it could be possible that it will last for long. You may consider all the aspects to know which one is good and by monitoring each daily to know it is growing or not.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
February 26, 2018, 06:07:19 PM
Activity: 308
February 26, 2018, 05:48:18 PM
dangerous is the wrong wolrd... Huh Huh Huh
Cryptocurrenty is riski in all way ! you have to check what you do, invest only the money you have ...
Or better yust play with money from airdrops.

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
February 26, 2018, 11:09:48 AM
Holding Altcoins is not dangerous. What is dangerous is buying one without proper knowledge and planning. It all really depends on the holder as he is the one who has the ability to go in and pull out of the cryptocurrencies. Of course all cryptocurrencies are volatile and therefore are risky, if a novice trader is trying to execute a trade without proper knowledge then the risk of losing money is higher with him.
Activity: 504
February 26, 2018, 11:01:29 AM
I think for HODL you need to choose only strong coins that will not disappear after 6 months. All the rest needs to be sold in 6 months.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 523
February 26, 2018, 10:15:58 AM
It really depends on what type of alts you're holding. Top 5 / Top 10 alts are almost as safe as bitcoin (eth in my opinion is even safer than btc). By safe, I mean in regards to price fluctuation.
Yes it really depends on altcoins because not alts are dangerous to hold. Others alts are worth holding as long term if you know the project has the potential to grow. It may totally dangerous if you can observe no growth at all.
MV7
Activity: 322
Merit: 107
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
February 26, 2018, 09:49:59 AM
It really depends on what type of alts you're holding. Top 5 / Top 10 alts are almost as safe as bitcoin (eth in my opinion is even safer than btc). By safe, I mean in regards to price fluctuation.
Activity: 266
February 26, 2018, 09:39:32 AM
Yes hodling alts is really really dangerous because soon you'll get a lot of money from it that you don't even know how to spend it  Cheesy
kidding aside, that's the reason why we should know how to analyze a market movement, once the hype is done and there will be no upcoming event or news in the future and the activities is uncertain right that alt is done.
Activity: 812
Merit: 257
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
February 26, 2018, 08:24:46 AM
yes, I think holding altcoins in the long run is very much too risky. if you want to hold altcoin in the long run, you should choose altcoin that has a stable value.
Activity: 196
Merit: 121
February 26, 2018, 08:19:51 AM
I don't see any harm in holding altcoins especially in times like this , when all the coins are down like this. If you panick and sell your coins cheap you will regret selling them when they explode in the future. They always does. It is really rare for a coin to completely disappear after a crash. It just take various time for various coins.
Holding your altcoin is somehow a bit of a gamble since its value always changes through time. But as you said, now, the odds of a failure in most of the existing altcoin is very low. Sometimes the value of your altcoin fall because of its less usage, but as long its well recognized its value will start to rise up again.
Pages:
Jump to: