Author

Topic: Is Holding Bitcoin a long time good way to make money? - page 125. (Read 368873 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 507
Yes because the price sky rockets from time to time.
Yes its okay to hold it but we know that no one can tell if bitcoin going up or down. Much better to invest the half in another investment to mske income while waiting the bitcoin price up.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
perhaps now is a good thing to hold bitcoin in a long time, but do not let it stop you trying to run another business. although I say it's good, but in reality we can not predict the price of bitcoin very precise, so maybe it's better you do it with a bit of running a business that is being added to your finances

just look at the charts from 2011 till now. if you don't look at the peaks and dumps, you can clearly see that the price has been going up steadily. i definitely expect this growth to continue in the coming years. so yes, buy and keep holding!
Oj0
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
I first got bitcoin from withdrawing from gambling sites.  I deposited with another method but could withdraw bitcoin so i did it.  Around that time bitcoin was around $220 usd or so and when i got it, i would then trade it for poker funds from other person etc because I didn't want to hold the bitcoins due to reading about price fluctuations.  However, isn't the value of bitcoin almost always going to go up so its best to hold it?  I know last year it was $600 and the highest was when it was more than $1000 per bitcoin.  But since it is all the way down to $200-$300, isn't having bitcoin always good?  Could bitcoin go all the way to 0 soon?  I had thought hey if you get bitcoin when its $230 when the price stayed like that for a long time, thats great b/c very hard for it to go below $200 because i haven't seen that.  But even if it does, isn't it almost always going to rebound and go back up?  Last time i had btc and it was $230 or so and now it went up to $260.  So if you have say 100 bitcoins... well... thats a nice $3000 profit or so.

I'm sure there are ppl that have thousands or bitcoins right and just hold on to it?  And many that would sell btc immediately if prices go all the way up?  If someone had say 500 bitcoin... then btc price went up $20 in say a week or so... selling it would net them $10000 minus fees right?  However if they sell it via localbitcoins or other method, they are going to get a higher profit right?  However if they do this, say sold all their 500 btc... then once bitcoin later in the year go up another $50... well that would be $25000 less they would have earned.

In general, isn't holding BTC always a good thing since the price of it is pretty low now?  Obviously if you bought btc at $600 or $1000 and thought it would went up and held on to your btc, that would been a disaster.  But since its in the $200-$300 range, isn't having BTC always good?
It 's hard to say yes if not better you to decide so do not put all your money in bitcoin . You can rotate the other in trading while waiting to rise the price of bitcoin . Better because you earn well other than just lay there and waiting when you earn . Do trading because you can make more money than you deposit in bitcoin . So if I have you to increase your income to trading out while waiting for the rise of bitcoin.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 500
perhaps now is a good thing to hold bitcoin in a long time, but do not let it stop you trying to run another business. although I say it's good, but in reality we can not predict the price of bitcoin very precise, so maybe it's better you do it with a bit of running a business that is being added to your finances
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
I think so, if you take a look at the past, people who have invested their money into bitcoins and didn't sell any of them are now at 100x profit. And if they continue to not sell any coins, that profit will become larger and larger. As for us, the newcomers, if we buy bitcoins today, we will have to wait for years or even decades before we reach that 100x profit. But that should be okay, after all, we don't have to do anything. We just have to hold bitcoins for a long time.
Activity: 756
Holding bitcoin is a good way to make money long-term, but you could also lose money. Roll Eyes

We hold bitcoins because we want to make profit from it, but if we are talking about for a long time period so what does it mean, if during that period bitcoin has achieved biggest price, so sell it right now, in that time don't think to hold your bitcoins for long term. I mean if we get a profit in a short period so we don't need to hold it for a long time.

Exactly, holding bitcoins is good but holding them for too long is not important, because sometimes you may get a reasonable price even in a short time, and what if you did not sell your coins at a good price and later price dropped.
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
I first got bitcoin from withdrawing from gambling sites.  I deposited with another method but could withdraw bitcoin so i did it.  Around that time bitcoin was around $220 usd or so and when i got it, i would then trade it for poker funds from other person etc because I didn't want to hold the bitcoins due to reading about price fluctuations.  However, isn't the value of bitcoin almost always going to go up so its best to hold it?  I know last year it was $600 and the highest was when it was more than $1000 per bitcoin.  But since it is all the way down to $200-$300, isn't having bitcoin always good?  Could bitcoin go all the way to 0 soon?  I had thought hey if you get bitcoin when its $230 when the price stayed like that for a long time, thats great b/c very hard for it to go below $200 because i haven't seen that.  But even if it does, isn't it almost always going to rebound and go back up?  Last time i had btc and it was $230 or so and now it went up to $260.  So if you have say 100 bitcoins... well... thats a nice $3000 profit or so.

I'm sure there are ppl that have thousands or bitcoins right and just hold on to it?  And many that would sell btc immediately if prices go all the way up?  If someone had say 500 bitcoin... then btc price went up $20 in say a week or so... selling it would net them $10000 minus fees right?  However if they sell it via localbitcoins or other method, they are going to get a higher profit right?  However if they do this, say sold all their 500 btc... then once bitcoin later in the year go up another $50... well that would be $25000 less they would have earned.

In general, isn't holding BTC always a good thing since the price of it is pretty low now?  Obviously if you bought btc at $600 or $1000 and thought it would went up and held on to your btc, that would been a disaster.  But since its in the $200-$300 range, isn't having BTC always good?

of course it is awesome way to earn! Because it requires no skill at all, all you have to do is to buy some bitcoin and "forget" about them for year or such, and then sell them
Activity: 2506
Merit: 644
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Holding bitcoin is a good way to make money long-term, but you could also lose money. Roll Eyes

We hold bitcoins because we want to make profit from it, but if we are talking about for a long time period so what does it mean, if during that period bitcoin has achieved biggest price, so sell it right now, in that time don't think to hold your bitcoins for long term. I mean if we get a profit in a short period so we don't need to hold it for a long time.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

i think we will not lose money while we hold our coins for longer time, just think about the last week the price started to decrease but I did not sold my coins and decided to hold them for longer and so today the value of my coins are increasing again.

As long as you don't sell any of your coins, you won't lose anything. Even not when the price goes down quite a bit. You need to be calm at all times and have good control over your emotions. If you have all that, then you'll become a solid holder.
Activity: 742
Hire me for your campaign management.

i think we will not lose money while we hold our coins for longer time, just think about the last week the price started to decrease but I did not sold my coins and decided to hold them for longer and so today the value of my coins are increasing again.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
I think holding bitcoins is always a good plan as it will grow over time and you could only then profit a big amount.
you're right, it would be good to hold bitcoin in a long time, it can also be said to be an investment. but would very much temptation in that case, you might want to use the money for various needs of life, but if you managed to control it all, I think it will be fine.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Bitcoin was built as a trustless transaction system but has and in the forseable future will be evolving into a value storage medium which is awesome  Smiley
Activity: 924
Merit: 506
I think holding bitcoins is always a good plan as it will grow over time and you could only then profit a big amount.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
It is a common practice between economists to predict these kind of stuff, sometimes they profit, sometimes they lose
I don't think we lose money by holding, if we aim to hold coins we have to be patient for long term till our target price increase, but sure price will rise one day.
Activity: 283
Merit: 250
It is a common practice between economists to predict these kind of stuff, sometimes they profit, sometimes they lose
Activity: 266
Merit: 251
Activity: 658
Yesterday after the bitfinex hack, the price of bitcoin  started to decrease and reached to $500 at that time a large number of people started to sell their coins and a large number of people kept them hold in their wallet and decided to wait for a little more longer, so those who sold their coins lost a bigger value of their money while those who kept hold are recovering their money.
Activity: 756
If i were you I will trade it to Fiat, you can have much profit if you buy and sell bitcoin, the volatility of bitcoin will help you to earn some bucks. you can have much profit with that better than hold it for long term.

Or even someone can trade altcoins with that, and the profit earned from altcoin trading can be stored for sometime until the price of bitcoin grows to some extent and then sell them to get the profit.
TGD
Activity: 1288
Merit: 620
Wen Rolex?
If i were you I will trade it to Fiat, you can have much profit if you buy and sell bitcoin, the volatility of bitcoin will help you to earn some bucks. you can have much profit with that better than hold it for long term.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
yes there is no doubt about this, if you have some extra money or if you can reserve some money from your salary or from your expenses you have a very good opportunity of invest it in bitcoin, although the price are a little high now but i think if you are going for a long term investment then it is a good chance with you, hope that after an year or you you will really get a very good profit from your investment,

I think you are right. Bitcoin has a potential and we haven't seen even half of it, so if you buy it now you are still early.
Even Eric Voorhees staid that the bitcoin market cap has surprised many outsiders in a positive way.

Bitcoin keeps surprising people. At the very beginning when the price was about to reach $100 for the first time, a lot "financial experts" believed the price would plummet after that and never recover again. Basically the same happened at $200, etc. Look where we are now. Bitcoin is unstoppable.

History tends to repeat itself if you arent wary of the education given already.. then it would be based on the persons fault lol.

I say do whatever you can based on your current financial situation despite up or down.
Jump to: