Author

Topic: Is Holding Bitcoin a long time good way to make money? - page 159. (Read 368873 times)

Activity: 323
Merit: 250
hold long enough bitcoin is a pretty good way to make money. I myself do it long enough around 2-4 months. but yesterday yesterday the price has touched $350 and I was immediately sold.

'it's a pretty good way'' Well i would not say it's a pretty good way, it's just like any other investment strategy, it's good if the price goes up and it's bad if the price goes down but knowing how volatile bitcoin is, you know you are going to have a lot of price swings and although some people say you can predict the price in the long term, thats a lie.

yes this as a long term investment. but this is really a good way, because I think bitcoin will continue to rise although bitcoin will go down and then will go up, up and up Smiley

I couldn't understand anything of what you said and it's obvious you didn't understand what i said either. There is no way to know if bitcoin is going to be alive in the next year, only sometimes when a big event happens. Imagine paypal says they will be using bitcoins aswell, that will obviously boost bitcoin in the short term and the long term so of course buying then it's a good idea. Right now you can't really anticipate anything, no one knows for sure if the price will go up or down so it's really not a good way of investing as of right now.

Looking at this thread, it seems that there are a lot of people here who are early adopters and feel very enthusisatic about bitcoin.
There are some other, who look at bitcoin more cautiously and advise some moderation with making forecasts.
I think it is typical as we move ahead of the technology adpoption curve and is actually a very good sign.

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Everyone could be millionaire in near future. Just buy BTC now. When mass adoption begins price will be 5000$ or more.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
hold long enough bitcoin is a pretty good way to make money. I myself do it long enough around 2-4 months. but yesterday yesterday the price has touched $350 and I was immediately sold.

'it's a pretty good way'' Well i would not say it's a pretty good way, it's just like any other investment strategy, it's good if the price goes up and it's bad if the price goes down but knowing how volatile bitcoin is, you know you are going to have a lot of price swings and although some people say you can predict the price in the long term, thats a lie.

yes this as a long term investment. but this is really a good way, because I think bitcoin will continue to rise although bitcoin will go down and then will go up, up and up Smiley

I couldn't understand anything of what you said and it's obvious you didn't understand what i said either. There is no way to know if bitcoin is going to be alive in the next year, only sometimes when a big event happens. Imagine paypal says they will be using bitcoins aswell, that will obviously boost bitcoin in the short term and the long term so of course buying then it's a good idea. Right now you can't really anticipate anything, no one knows for sure if the price will go up or down so it's really not a good way of investing as of right now.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
There are better investments you can make over the long term that will net you a better ROI in the long haul. For instance the S&P 500 has had on average a 10%+ return on investment each year.

http://www.1stock1.com/1stock1_141.htm

Plus investing in a portfolio like the S&P 500 gives you good diversity.

bitcoin is proving itself right now, that it can have a +50% return in a week, far better than any investment

if anyone believe that bitcoin is done, he is utterly wrong, we are only at the beginning, 1200 ath will look like a small success in the future
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1002
If you can afford to hold for long time then yes. I would not recommend to invest all, but try to split your investment.
Price of Bitcoin is going up and it will raise a lot of attention.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Yes, Bitcoin is very volatile right now, but there seems to be a huge movement in support for it right now. I do not recommend selling it right now, nor buying. Holding it is the best option, but I would say that it would reach up to $700.
legendary
Activity: 1232

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
If you still understood that fact then it's time now.
You can see how much has bitcoin price increased and it worth holding.
Another part is if the price start crashing then that's not a good investment.

It surely is worth to hold your coins. Look at when people were complaining about the price that was not moving when it was around $240. People had plenty of time to buy coins. Those who haven't done so, and still haven't bought below $300 are probably angry right now.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
There are better investments you can make over the long term that will net you a better ROI in the long haul. For instance the S&P 500 has had on average a 10%+ return on investment each year.

http://www.1stock1.com/1stock1_141.htm

Plus investing in a portfolio like the S&P 500 gives you good diversity.
Activity: 532
If you still understood that fact then it's time now.
You can see how much has bitcoin price increased and it worth holding.
Another part is if the price start crashing then that's not a good investment.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Holding bitcoin a long time is a good way to make money if the bitcoin price rises in long term. So far it worked out if you hold bitcoin for more than any three year period. If the bitcoin is widely used, the value will rise as well.
Activity: 490

legendary
Activity: 1232
Activity: 323
Merit: 250

Holding bitcoin for more than 3 years will make you money according to short history of bitcoin. There were two price spikes in 2013, we may have only one this year.

'Short' is the key word here. Nothing's guaranteed and people shouldn't be depending on previous patterns. If it was a 500 year old market then it would be a different matter. It's very different compared to two years ago. Lord knows what it'll look like in five years. Hopefully that's a positive but you never know.

Gold is looking very different these days comparing to where it was 2 years, ago, too.
Bitcoin being so immature currency / asset is only making the uncertainy bigger.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Have 60% holding for long term, which you gamble BTC price to go to infinity
40% to play around and scrap small profits in the short term
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht

Holding bitcoin for more than 3 years will make you money according to short history of bitcoin. There were two price spikes in 2013, we may have only one this year.

'Short' is the key word here. Nothing's guaranteed and people shouldn't be depending on previous patterns. If it was a 500 year old market then it would be a different matter. It's very different compared to two years ago. Lord knows what it'll look like in five years. Hopefully that's a positive but you never know.
Activity: 994
I think that OP understood if it worth or not.
If somebody invested in bitcoins few weeks before when the price was much lower than now.
Then he probably will earn extra money now if he decided to sell, so i think holding is a good way to make money.

It really depends on the quantity of your bitcoins.
If you have a lot then also the profit should be higher.
But if you really hope to get a good profit from 1BTC then that's not good.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1006
depends on the trend of exchange rate, if its going up and you buy coins at low rate, yes its profitable, but its not a good idea to hold on to your Bitcoin if you see that trend is going down and you puchased Bitcoin at high price.
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
It can be but it's depending on the market situation..
legendary
Activity: 924
TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
Yes BTC is imo now a good investment. I don't see it ever going below 200 and there really isn't upper limit.
Jump to: