Author

Topic: Is Holding Bitcoin a long time good way to make money? - page 161. (Read 368873 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Holding bitcoin is making profits based on fiats.

you believe that if fiat were to collapse, bitcoin will follow, because is tied to it? it may be true, but i'm actually believe the opposite will happen if such scenario will ever be true

No. the value of bitcoin will increase when the fiat devalue over time.

that's a normal happening. people will always look for alternatives to put their money in when fiat currencies lose value. bitcoin is simply the best alternative.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Ask anyone who has bought in since the end of 2013 if holding is a good way to make money.

Statistically, I believe only a small minority of long term investors are seeing profits. Of course, there are many opportunities of profiting within the Bitcoin community, but it involves investing your holdings into an active means of increasing your wealth.

No doubt that there is a lot of ways to growing our Bitcoins unless holding it, such investing in trusted systems (because as known there is a lot of scammers too) and selling goods and services for Bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

you believe that if fiat were to collapse, bitcoin will follow, because is tied to it? it may be true, but i'm actually believe the opposite will happen if such scenario will ever be true

No. Bitcoin and fiats are not tied up. If fiats collapse bitcoin will raise. Only for value reference we tie up both fiats and bitcoin. Actually bitcoin is an alternate to fiats. So if fiats fail or devalue, then bitcoin will take that places in term of investment or daily spending or for forex reference etc.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

No. the value of bitcoin will increase when the fiat devalue over time. The value of bitcoin will also rise when it is adopted as a currency.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034
Ask anyone who has bought in since the end of 2013 if holding is a good way to make money.

Statistically, I believe only a small minority of long term investors are seeing profits. Of course, there are many opportunities of profiting within the Bitcoin community, but it involves investing your holdings into an active means of increasing your wealth.
If you are investing in fair investment schemes online it is a good way to make money....even if you hold it out it will turn out good,but it is not sure as it depends upon the rate with local currency...so making a fair and wise decision always helps in increasing your bitcoins. Smiley

I guess you can notice some examples of this fair investment schemes, it's not necessarily known by everyone here. And you know a lot of Ponzi schemes advertise their scam projects here every day and we can't call it as "fair investment schemes".
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Holding bitcoin is making profits based on fiats. Because fiat devalue all the time. Using bitcoin will increase its value much faster.
Activity: 349
Merit: 250
As per might point of view, holding bitcoins for long time is not a good idea if you are holding bitcoins for earning purpose. Considering the recent trends of bitcoin price, if you hold bitcoins for 1 year, you can get ROI of maximum 50%-100%. But if you trade bitcoins on daily basis, you may minimum earn 1%-5%, depending on how you obtain bitcoins. This way, in 1 year your ROI could be 365%-1000%

Hope you got my point!
Activity: 322
if you have like 0.1 BTC you can gamble like 10% and invest 40% and the rest of 50% hold and in 3 to 4 months you see the beavior of BTC its to rise into like 2 to 3 years to 2x more soo you check the fun of it
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
Holing Bitcoins for long term doe  not make any sense but its trading wisely make some Profit , assume guys who bought BTC for 1K $ , are they in profit or loss , same vice versa , so its all about the time when you trade.

if you think that holding bitcoin does not make sense, then you think that bitcoin is doomed and won't take off, but then you speak about trading, which mean that you're waiting the bubble...

in other world waiting and holding is the most correct choice, if you're not a pro, that can daily trade

Yes. Holding is bitcoin is the biggest investment opportunity of current trend unfortunately only technical people are currently doing that regardless of many bigger investors are out of race.
Satoshi nakamotto thinks if bitcoin produces investment opportunity then it will gain initial acceptance even people do not know it's original usage.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
Holing Bitcoins for long term doe  not make any sense but its trading wisely make some Profit , assume guys who bought BTC for 1K $ , are they in profit or loss , same vice versa , so its all about the time when you trade.

if you think that holding bitcoin does not make sense, then you think that bitcoin is doomed and won't take off, but then you speak about trading, which mean that you're waiting the bubble...

in other world waiting and holding is the most correct choice, if you're not a pro, that can daily trade
Activity: 350
If you are investing in fair investment schemes online it is a good way to make money....even if you hold it out it will turn out good,but it is not sure as it depends upon the rate with local currency...so making a fair and wise decision always helps in increasing your bitcoins. Smiley
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Mining Bitcoins Since 2010
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
I'd say it's a pretty good investment.
If the price stays somewhat stable until the block reward halving it should rise afterwards.
Activity: 770
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
I think you have to move it a bit to make decent amounts. Just buying and holding can go well, but right now it is very stable.

Those who bought in the 600-1000 are long time already waiting for profiting from it.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
If you hold bitcoin since 2009 , the answer is yes
But if you just holding bitcoin , it's quite difficult to make profit since the price quite stable recently
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
Hold Bitcoin for the long time as possible.
In the event that you have courage of the most serious bitcoiner on earth, putting an extensive cash in bitcoin as possible you can make as well as we're heading towards mining block reward halving in mid 2016.
That's depend with the price, mate. If the Bitcoin's price increase with time as expected so holding Bitcoin a long time worth this, but if the prices get down for any reason we will lose, so i think its depending in the future prices
Activity: 322
I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!
an investement is for life, like i leearned from warren buffet's books. So just wait, i thing bitcoin will rise and rise
Jump to: