Author

Topic: Is Holding Bitcoin a long time good way to make money? - page 156. (Read 368873 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
We all here (most of us) think that the price will be increased one day and will reach it again 1k, it's of course good to hold for a long time.

A lot people believe Bitcoin will go over the magical $1000 level again at some point. And I do think so as well. Potential of Bitcoin is immense, which will give long holders a great reward. If you look at it from this point of view, then there barely is a risk in holding Bitcoin for the long term.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
We all here (most of us) think that the price will be increased one day and will reach it again 1k, it's of course good to hold for a long time.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
My personal belief is the safest way to make money with bitcoin is to hold it long term. Anything besides that is going to come down to 90% luck.

I don't think if you can lend your coins with proper collateral then mostly like or 100% sure you can make profits because if some one don't payback also you can still sell the collateral to recover back your money with interest. But don't ever lend coins based on any kind of trust to make sure 100% safe returns.

If you are giving loans only with collateral almost no one is going to request loans from you because there are other people giving out loans without collateral. You will also profit just a little bit because most people take really small loans and the interest, even if it's high, the profit will still be low. And when they default, sure you can sell the collateral but often times selling a btc account it's pretty painful

Well then there is also the fact that just 1 bad loan can ruin everything. Say you make 20 1 BTC loans and your repayment fee is .05 BTC. If one of them just takes the money and runs your already in the hole.

any type of lending system that would be truly safe would need a type of setup that would go way beyond what someone just saving up for the future would have

That's why when you lend your money with easily disposable collateral than this situation will not come because if some one don't pay then you can sell their collateral to recover back your money. Even though with method one can make small profits but it is easy money with less risks when you follow rule like no loan if no collateral.

Pretty hard to find good collateral apart from btc accounts, almost no one is going to use altcoins as collateral and let's be honest, the majority of loans here are a joke, scammers and gamblers most of the time or people who want to sell their btc accounts and use them as collateral.
Activity: 518
just imagine when you hold a gold for long time,do you think if gold price you will earn more money?
its like when you hold bitcoin,if the price always up,you will earn money fast,if you trade it
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
holding anything who have abig value,its a good way to make money. always.
so if we hold bitcoin,but it all depending bitcoin price movement,if you hold bitcoin at low price,and sell it when price is up on several year,its really good trade,and trading is good way to make money.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
For me it is clear that the new bottom is 320. So yes short and long term it can only rise.

In the case it goes back to 260, I'm still positive the 1 year outlook is very positive.
Activity: 473
My personal belief is the safest way to make money with bitcoin is to hold it long term. Anything besides that is going to come down to 90% luck.

I don't think if you can lend your coins with proper collateral then mostly like or 100% sure you can make profits because if some one don't payback also you can still sell the collateral to recover back your money with interest. But don't ever lend coins based on any kind of trust to make sure 100% safe returns.

If you are giving loans only with collateral almost no one is going to request loans from you because there are other people giving out loans without collateral. You will also profit just a little bit because most people take really small loans and the interest, even if it's high, the profit will still be low. And when they default, sure you can sell the collateral but often times selling a btc account it's pretty painful

Well then there is also the fact that just 1 bad loan can ruin everything. Say you make 20 1 BTC loans and your repayment fee is .05 BTC. If one of them just takes the money and runs your already in the hole.

any type of lending system that would be truly safe would need a type of setup that would go way beyond what someone just saving up for the future would have

That's why when you lend your money with easily disposable collateral than this situation will not come because if some one don't pay then you can sell their collateral to recover back your money. Even though with method one can make small profits but it is easy money with less risks when you follow rule like no loan if no collateral.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012
Any investment to which field they belong to is a matter of faith. Do you believe in this subject and willing to spend money on it. Now this need and build.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Activity: 994
You can't hold for very long and expect to make money from it unless their is a major increase in the price for a solid week without it going down at all. It almost did happen at the start of the month but it was not sustainable for very long due to it rising to fast. Slow and steady growth is the only way it can stay at a plateau that people will like and sell at that time thus making you money, putting you into profit.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
If for making money purposes, my question is; you want a profit for quite a short time or you are willing to wait for years (maybe 5 years lol) for the price to be boom?

If you want to make money for not waiting in years then holding is not the best method to do. It doesnt increase your saved coins. To take profit, play at the market.

If your goal is only to saved coins then holding is fine. But like I said on the other thread, much better to increase your saved coins by taking advantage in the price movement (trading) rather than just wait for the price increase.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 629
Vires in Numeris
Personally I don't think holding bitcoins will be a good way to make money. There are still risks involved and who knows, maybe bitcoin will be worthless in the future. I suggest you start to trade it, its not that easy though but I heard it will be a good way to make money with your bitcoins compared by just holding it.
If you don't want to start trading, because of any reason, you can make profit with holding your bitcoin as long as the actual price is higher then when you have bought it. If you have bought it for $50, holding it is much less risky than trading with it. But if you have bought it for $500 then you should start to trade with it in order to minimize your loss on price
Personally I don't think holding bitcoins will be a good way to make money. There are still risks involved and who knows, maybe bitcoin will be worthless in the future. I suggest you start to trade it, its not that easy though but I heard it will be a good way to make money with your bitcoins compared by just holding it.

I'm sure that hodling bitcoin is way safer than trading with it.At least in the long run an increase of Bitcoin's value is very likely although not guaranteed.And of course it's still very risky to invest in Bitcoin. But it's worth the stretch when you realize it's massive potential.

I don't see how bitcoin value is likely to increase over time. It's not that risky to invest in bitcoins, the risk of bitcoins to be worth 0$ quickly is basically 0. I would not call that ''very risky'' at all. It's just like any other investment, even safer sometimes.
Activity: 406
Holding is less time-consuming then buying miners...

Even better it is more profitable the mining...

The only argument for buying miners is that it is less fun, then mining.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

I'm sure that hodling bitcoin is way safer than trading with it.At least in the long run an increase of Bitcoin's value is very likely although not guaranteed.And of course it's still very risky to invest in Bitcoin. But it's worth the stretch when you realize it's massive potential.
Activity: 280

I can understand your thinking, but I think the time of doubt is gone. Bitcoin has been above 200 USD for a few years now. More money has been pumped in ventures etc.

The interest are much larger now. Perhaps too large for it to fail.
Activity: 462
Jump to: