Author

Topic: Is Holding Bitcoin a long time good way to make money? - page 164. (Read 368873 times)

Activity: 108
Merit: 10
I don't think that is a good idea.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
History has shown that yes and no, there is no way to know what bitcoin will be in a long time, you can´t know even at short times, bitcoin is extremely volatile and anyone who claims to know what the price will be in x time is lying, specially with altcoins that are even more volatile.

What you said is correct. I think instead of holding btc for long time buy and sell when you make a some decent profit is a good strategy. You can do this process to reduce your losses. If some one follow your strategy and if they hold btc from 1000 + until now means they are in a big loss so when you see some sudden fall in price it is better to sell and take that small loss and wait for the next entry.

Holding for so long is honestly really stupid, you should sell if the price drops more than  20% because otherwise you expose yourself to really big losses and as we can see bitcoin price doesnt look like it will jump to 1k any time soon
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
Yeah, I'd say it's way less risky now than it was when the price was over $1000, and if you notice the long term trend, the price is still going up.
Besides, it was inevitable that the bubble popped when it was at $1000.
Activity: 424
Merit: 250
Legendary est. 2013
Depends on how much you're risking.. Wink
Activity: 267
6th BTC reached. Thank you for your support
For me, yes especially if xt will gone forever and the government will adopt the crypto currency.

we all are hoping.
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
PUGG.io
For me, yes especially if xt will gone forever and the government will adopt the crypto currency.
There is no kyc/aml regulations in creating cryptocurrency wallet addresses, so there is no way for government to track which address is of whom.
So i don't think that they will adopt bitcoins or any other cryptocurrency that much easily.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015
all depends if you believe BTC is going to go up or not, same with stocks.  If you believe in the stock, buy and hold. if not, sell and move on to another. 
Activity: 994
PUGG.io
Holding BTC a long time to make money is not good idea, better try to buy some altcoins at low price and then sale them at higher price, and change back to BTC  Grin
But altcoins also burns our money very easily.
According to me buying altcoins is like gambling with bitcoins, which i don't prefer because at the end in gambling only the house wins.
Trading needs research before going into it, it is not that simple that buy low and sell high.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
Holding BTC a long time to make money is not good idea, better try to buy some altcoins at low price and then sale them at higher price, and change back to BTC  Grin

Holding Bitcoin for the long term makes perfectly sense as we're heading towards lower block rewards in 2016. Your advice to people to buy altcoins is horrible.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Haa, I bought Bitcoin in 2013 when it costed $500 & kept on hold. Then in 2015 its around $150 then still I am hoping it will go up.
Few days ago when Bitcoin at 280$, I thought it's best time to purchase & again I purchased 1BTC@280$
But what suddenly price going down & down. Huh

Is it my luck or My Strategy.
That is right I don't know that there is war going between XT & Original one.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
 I see it rising back up over $500 if it does drop, now that its a real possibility that the price will just keep rising.
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
I treat bitcoin as a stock, I am adding and holding every week.
but you can not hold it every week. you must make sure that week bitcoin will continue rising. up and up
bitcoin it should not always be on hold, but it's better to trade, especially when prices are very volatile bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
but you can not hold it every week. you must make sure that week bitcoin will continue rising. up and up
legendary
Merit: 1011
when you get the right momentum when transacting altcoin / USD to the dollar then hold Bitcoin is the right choice. You will get a more dollar  Grin
legendary
Merit: 1027
At this time a don't really know what to do... if a should hold my BTC or if I should sell them all before it crashes down and get overtaken by another crypto....
legendary
Activity: 896
i do believe that holding bitcoins for the long term will give you a great reward eventually. you only need to make sure you have the patience for it. and also, don't panic if the price is going down hard. use that situation in your advantage to buy even more coins if you can.
Activity: 446
Merit: 251
Your best move is to spend some money you have no use to. Buy bitcoins, store them in a safe way, and forget about them for a good amount of time. Otherwise you just are going to get anxious and sell them when you 'think the price is high enough'
Jump to: