Pages:
Author

Topic: is ISIS really using Bitcoin? - page 5. (Read 5154 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
November 19, 2015, 09:09:00 PM
Yes there i a probability they using it. In fact they are using all types of currencies depending on their location. does that mean that the currencies are bad? of course no it is just a channel of exchanging value that can be used by every one. The media should just be creative enough and come up with other better stories if they want it to sell. Bitcoin is going to do wonders in our generation and it is here to stay no matter what the critics say. My answer is yes
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
November 19, 2015, 09:04:14 PM
ISIS might be using Bitcoin but probably aren't for the same reasons most of the rest of the world isn't. Too volatile too hard to exchange too open to hacker theft... Which, if they prove and show the address, would pretty much mean "open season" for those millions. If someone can hack them and steal those coins it would be welcomed by the rest of us!

Very true... I see Anonymous {The Hacker group} already declared WAR on ISIS and they targeted Twitter accounts, used for communication. You could just imagine if they got

hold of a Bitcoin addresses used for terrorism funding. They would create havoc and you would see ISIS soldiers running around with air pistols and knives.

Bitcoin is definitely not the safest and most secure method of payment, when you use it in the wrong way.  Roll Eyes ... I would actually prefer them not using it, but if they want to

use it, they should suffer the consequences when it gets hacked.  Roll Eyes   

I remember them doing the same thing vs the Mexican drug cartel but had to stop because their members were getting decapitated.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
November 19, 2015, 09:00:49 PM
In recent Paris attack The Anti-terrorism group of ethical hackers, Ghost Security Group (GSG), said that ISIS regularly uses cryptocurrencies to fund its terrorist operations and they have have found a BTC address associated with them and found that they have worth 3 million bitcoin in there account!
That's really disgusting!

Sources: http://thehackernews.com/2015/11/paris-attacks-isis-funding.html
              https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/ghostsec-isis-bitcoin-wallet-worth-3-million/

Show your support for People of Paris using this signature code
Code:
[center][B][size=6][color=blue]PRAY[/color] [color=#ffffff]FOR[/color] [color=red]PARIS[/color][/size][/B][/center]

It's not disgusting.  It is what it is.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020
November 19, 2015, 01:18:28 PM
if at all true, then it has to be one of these addresses:
http://ondn.net:800/

so any bitcoin analysts care to investigate?
hehe, this is a good idea. I'd say at the time of posting (2015-09-20) the Bitcoin price was around $231: http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/bitstampUSD#rg90zczsg2015-09-19zeg2015-09-21ztgSza1gEMAzm1g10za2gEMAzm2g25zv

This makes BTC 12987

Top100 balances from 2015-09-20 anybody?
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
November 19, 2015, 12:50:50 PM
I dont think so. But if so nothing will happend with bitcoin.

ISIS are using dollars and oil, what's the issue? It's the same stuff all over the world.
Activity: 400
November 19, 2015, 12:32:18 PM
Isis is a terorrist organism. Proof? They attacked paris.
Isis used bitcoin as fund resources. Proof? Nothing.
Activity: 336
Bravity is beautiful.
November 19, 2015, 12:31:38 PM
I dont think so. But if so nothing will happend with bitcoin.

They are using it as a currency, like other terrorist groups use the dollar etc.
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Crypto.games
November 19, 2015, 12:28:07 PM
Even if theyre not using btc for some of their transaction, it is inevitable for bitcoin not being use
in illegal transactions because of its anonymity.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
November 19, 2015, 12:17:56 PM
I think this would be a terrible thing for Bitcoin if it is true.  They say all press is good press but I don't think it is actually good when ISIS is associated with it.
Activity: 322
November 19, 2015, 12:16:23 PM
I hope not. But if so I don't think they earn so much with BTC.

Oil is the main think for them.
Activity: 318
Merit: 251
November 19, 2015, 12:16:11 PM

Well yeah.  The CIA has to give money to ISIS somehow.

But no, I would imagine those reports are pretty exaggerated.  I've never been to Syria or Iraq, but I'm assuming it's a little difficult to cash bitcoin out there.
Activity: 406
November 19, 2015, 12:01:58 PM
They might be using bitcoin but since bitcoin is anonymous, you can't really track them down

Unless of course you're part of Anonymous, yes they did indeed already declared war with ISIS

So they might be able to hack ISIS and rek their funds
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1074
November 19, 2015, 11:37:09 AM
ISIS might be using Bitcoin but probably aren't for the same reasons most of the rest of the world isn't. Too volatile too hard to exchange too open to hacker theft... Which, if they prove and show the address, would pretty much mean "open season" for those millions. If someone can hack them and steal those coins it would be welcomed by the rest of us!

Very true... I see Anonymous {The Hacker group} already declared WAR on ISIS and they targeted Twitter accounts, used for communication. You could just imagine if they got

hold of a Bitcoin addresses used for terrorism funding. They would create havoc and you would see ISIS soldiers running around with air pistols and knives.

Bitcoin is definitely not the safest and most secure method of payment, when you use it in the wrong way.  Roll Eyes ... I would actually prefer them not using it, but if they want to

use it, they should suffer the consequences when it gets hacked.  Roll Eyes   
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
November 19, 2015, 10:27:16 AM
As it's cleared that fiat currencies cannot be used by terrorists for their demonic materials.
They need an international currency. Digital currencies are the oy remaining option. But, bitcoins are not the only digital currency. Litecoins and many such other currencies do exist. So simply pointing finger towards bitcoins is not right. Other currencies may be used here. So, answer is - not sure.
Activity: 756
Merit: 100
November 19, 2015, 08:53:38 AM
Hey you know what dude? Take care ISIS is also using dollars xD
BTC is a currency, a currency is used to exchange goods and services. Why wouldn't it be used by ISIS?
Especially because it's a universal currency so...

Just hope it won't harm bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1261
November 19, 2015, 08:21:06 AM
Logically thinking, it's very clear they use crypto's to fund illegal activities. They're criminals. Why would they use easily traceable fiat currencies?

Because the banks are the ones who finance this conflict. The banks are not using bitcoin so the IS has to use USD as the banks do.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
November 19, 2015, 08:10:43 AM
i cant find the articles on internet,everything used by isis is not our busines,we just bitcoiner,no matter if isis using bitcoin or not. and they are have right to use bitcoin. but we dont care about it,lets just make isis not use bitcoin,and burn they  Grin
Activity: 765
November 19, 2015, 07:23:25 AM
I can not imagine if isis using bitcoin.
but I think fair if they use bitcoin. because it is a digital currency. They also possible to using the US dollar and other currencies

I can't even imagine ISIS being real.
Activity: 294
November 19, 2015, 07:21:26 AM
I can not imagine if isis using bitcoin.
but I think fair if they use bitcoin. because it is a digital currency. They also possible to using the US dollar and other currencies
Activity: 952
November 19, 2015, 06:56:48 AM
I don't see how this would shed bad light on bitcoin

They're probably using US dollar too and whoever knows what other currency they are using

Yes they might be using bitcoin for illigal activity but they are doing the same with the dollar

Plus, I haven't seen any solid proof of this.

Maybe, you should check this thread
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13010916
Pages:
Jump to: