Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it a sin to gamble? - page 69. (Read 31218 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
March 21, 2016, 10:40:52 AM
That depends on how much you gamble. And how much luck you have. Because if you are lucky than you can earn some good money.
I hope later that more people will have some good luck and that they can win some, but that is often not good.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
March 20, 2016, 01:47:09 PM
I too think gambling is a very bad an unprofitable investment, it's very bad overall IMO.

probably it is in most of the religions, and i think that people should avoid playing any gambling games if its not entertaining for them in my opinion its better not to gamble at all
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
March 20, 2016, 01:29:04 PM
I too think gambling is a very bad an unprofitable investment, it's very bad overall IMO.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
March 20, 2016, 01:25:00 PM
Sin is a religious term so if you are not religious it has no bearing on you. I know that most people that post here from 3rd world countries are religious and seem to tackle with gambling as a issue morally than actual addictive aspects. Would say it almost falls into the same way a religious gay person must feel inside with the conflictions of what god must feel of them. At least the current perception.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
March 20, 2016, 01:20:32 PM
Of course, that gambling is not a sin. It would be a sin if you couldn't be able to put food in the table for your sons to eat because you spent your money in gambling.

Gambling is a sin in a lot of religions. Actually I don't know how many, but I imagine it's a common "sinful" thing to do in a ton of them. The biggest one i can think of is the Muslim one. Muslims CAN'T gamble anything. They can't gamble 1 satoshi, and they can't gamble with all of their life savings, it would still be the same sin.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
March 20, 2016, 07:09:13 AM
Is gambling OK? Don't bet it! There's not an easy or instantly obvious proof text answer to that question.

well bible didn't say that it is a sin so it's not i think, it's just a hobby, it brings you money sometimes or you lose money

if gambling is a sin then any sport is a sin too, because you spend money for it, it's a hobby and you can get money from it, but sport isn't a sin so gambling isn't too
Activity: 4
March 20, 2016, 06:33:21 AM
It is a sin. You will never control your self. Look at those sick people who gamble. Look how miserable they are when they loose
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
March 20, 2016, 05:54:22 AM
As long as it doesn't involve hurting others,and as long as your religion has no problem with gambling,it is not a sin
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
March 20, 2016, 02:51:49 AM
It's no more a sin than drinking or smoking or anything else that gives pleasure but doesn't really hurt others
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1032
March 20, 2016, 01:45:49 AM
It is a sin in my religion , you should know about your religion whether it is a sin ot not in your religion , although if you lose in gambling you thinks its a sin.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
March 20, 2016, 01:40:00 AM
why are you here if you have a question about this? asking if it is a sin to gamble on a gambling forum is just pointless. you have to ask your religion about these things.
global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!
March 20, 2016, 12:53:01 AM
We all know that gambling is a sin, as it was taught in our elementary days, but as we grow, we tend to see not just the gambling itself, we are always up to the reason why a gambler become a gambler..
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
March 19, 2016, 02:03:06 PM
according to muslim muftis yes, it's a sin. They don't call it a sin but they definitely do not recommend gambling. Outside of religions most societies see gambling as a shady thing but it's largely depends on the success factor.
I think all religions gambling is a sin.. and not only muslims.. if you know the history of jesus before he prevent people to play and gamble their money because is just a kind of game from devils..
Activity: 56
March 19, 2016, 01:52:15 PM
according to muslim muftis yes, it's a sin. They don't call it a sin but they definitely do not recommend gambling. Outside of religions most societies see gambling as a shady thing but it's largely depends on the success factor.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
March 19, 2016, 01:33:39 PM
Looking this way at this point our whole life is one big sin. Gambling like gambling has good and bad sides, like everything. It depends on the person involved to gambling, is he can control it or not.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
March 19, 2016, 01:14:58 PM
If gambling is a sin then I'll burn in hell for eternity, though I don't think it is but what I think sinful is going crazy over gambling, not knowing when to stop and selling everything you have just to make more bets. That's fucked up.

That really the thing you can do when you are gambling,selling stuff you own just to fuel your need to bet with that i think its a sin.
Activity: 672
Merit: 502
March 19, 2016, 01:02:21 PM
If gambling is a sin then I'll burn in hell for eternity, though I don't think it is but what I think sinful is going crazy over gambling, not knowing when to stop and selling everything you have just to make more bets. That's fucked up.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
March 19, 2016, 12:42:01 PM
It is. But, do you care about sin or not ? Well, gambling always be a sin for all religion. Just gambling and don't remember about sin or what. So you will not care about it.

every sins are careable, they are harmful for people who bear it and for people around them. not care about sins and keep gambling is just a devil way lead to hell.
It is in most cases often sin. Because people lost a lot of money with gambling and that is really bad.
I hope that more people will know that gambling is wasted money. But some people are lucky and won even some money with it.

your viewpoint should be steady, choose one side and stay in it, don't be confused.
gambling is a sin, forget about winning people.

Yeah gambling is a sin, either you win or you loose, and the reality is winning percentage is very less and you would end up loosing everything at the end of the day.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027
March 19, 2016, 12:33:11 PM
Of course, that gambling is not a sin. It would be a sin if you couldn't be able to put food in the table for your sons to eat because you spent your money in gambling.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
March 19, 2016, 12:03:06 PM
I think in 2016 if you are still worrying about if gambling is or isn't a sin you have a lot of thinking to do. Bitcoin is built in something that is basically gambling (mining and hoping you get a reward is basically a lotery) so it would be pretty stupid that you use Bitcoin but say you are against gambling when the very system of Bitcoin mining rewards is basically gambling.
Pages:
Jump to: