Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it a sin to gamble? - page 72. (Read 31218 times)

Activity: 412
Merit: 250
January 22, 2016, 02:14:02 PM
to gamble or not to gamble that is the question.

2#stupid question: Is it a sin to fuck your wife=?
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
January 22, 2016, 02:09:42 PM
as far as im aware it is a sin in many of the religions that i know, i think it would be better to gamble only for entertainment and not for greediness to earn as much money as possible

Greed is one of the so-called seven deadly sins, and that only comes in when your want for money is so strong that even if you hurt others or sacrifice others' happiness in the way, for the sake of getting more money, you'd do it anyway. Most religious restrictions sucks btw. As long as you're happy and not hurting anyone in the process, why worry about sins anyway?
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
January 22, 2016, 02:06:14 PM
its only considered a sin if you lose your bets. so i would suggest you dont lose..hahaha im just joking. im sure it is a sin.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
January 22, 2016, 02:04:36 PM
Who cares? Are we stuck in medieval times still? Gambling ain't going anywhere as long as human beings are around.
legendary
Merit: 1000
January 22, 2016, 01:59:04 PM
as far as im aware it is a sin in many of the religions that i know, i think it would be better to gamble only for entertainment and not for greediness to earn as much money as possible
The problem is - we all live in material world. We can eat the words of wisdom of mouth our religious leaders. Without ambition and healthy 'greed' (also called force of progress by some) human evolution is not possible. Some religion had moral code back from thousands of years aren't we a bit more educated and smarter now? For example alcohol is forbidden in Islam, and how western people feel about that?
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
January 22, 2016, 01:40:26 PM
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016
January 22, 2016, 11:50:27 AM
Being illegal is other thing and sin is other. Does your religion allows gambling ? if yes then not a sin
I don't get it why religion has anything to do with morality. You should be living good life for your own sake and not for some imaginary entity or because you are told that is right.
Humans are intelligent enough to think for themselves. If you are not harming yourself and people around you by your gambling habits - then it is fully acceptable hobby.

i would like to think that religion and personal belief and social belief shape the morality. what is right and what is wrong can be interexchange depending on different perspective.
Activity: 406
January 22, 2016, 11:44:29 AM
Being illegal is other thing and sin is other. Does your religion allows gambling ? if yes then not a sin
I don't get it why religion has anything to do with morality. You should be living good life for your own sake and not for some imaginary entity or because you are told that is right.
Humans are intelligent enough to think for themselves. If you are not harming yourself and people around you by your gambling habits - then it is fully acceptable hobby.

u think ppl are intelligent enough? think again. maybe u are intelligent enough, but not everyone.
ppl suffer tons of events in their whole lives and may fall in deadlock that doesn't let them live good life.
religion relates with morality because morality is it's main mission, is what it's up to, for thousands years, at least for some big main religions.
Activity: 504
January 22, 2016, 11:22:05 AM
Not at all, I think gamble is not a sin unless you do it against your own rules in life and break promises made by you to urself.
legendary
January 21, 2016, 10:24:37 AM
Activity: 406
January 21, 2016, 09:41:32 AM
If you gamble for greed and money, then it could be considered a sin.
If you gamble for entertainment, then it's not really a sin.

Why would you care though? You were promoting a scam knowingly, which is a sin.

There is nothing like that. Both of them you saying is gamble so it is the same thing. It is just some perception that saying gambling is sin. What is the different between trading, you also gambling but only a different perception so there is nothing to do with sin as long as you can profit it is ok

Both are the same thing; gambling, but they are actually quite different. Gambling for greed and money can take you over and ruin your life; you will constantly need money to fuel your addiction. You might even borrow money to gamble from others. However, gambling for fun is recreational, doesn't take up all your money, and won't hurt people around you if it is purely for fun.

sin is not that simple. sin is not necessary ruining any life. sin is thing that harms your soul. not all the fun things are good for your soul. the best and most happy condition for soul is completely calm, like a calm lake surface. sins are things that break that calm condition.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 605
January 21, 2016, 06:02:31 AM
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036
January 21, 2016, 05:39:00 AM
I think it is not a sin to gamble as long as your religion allows it. And in most countries it is illegal so you can only do that underground or online behind a VPN.
Activity: 420
January 21, 2016, 05:35:06 AM
Is gambling OK? Don't bet it! There's not an easy or instantly obvious proof text answer to that question.

Maybe in some kind of religion but gambling is no sin to me brother.

Enjoy yourself, do what makes you happy.

Exactly right. If you start thinking about everything that's believed to be sin,
you will always be living in sin and it will seem like everything you're doing is wrong
legendary
Activity: 1120
January 21, 2016, 02:21:42 AM
as far as i know almost all of the religion in this world, clearly said that gamble is a sin, mosleam, christian or even budish according yeah as we know that it's negative impact bigger than possitve impact
legendary
Activity: 1064
January 21, 2016, 02:01:47 AM

There is nothing like that. Both of them you saying is gamble so it is the same thing. It is just some perception that saying gambling is sin. What is the different between trading, you also gambling but only a different perception so there is nothing to do with sin as long as you can profit it is ok

Both are the same thing; gambling, but they are actually quite different. Gambling for greed and money can take you over and ruin your life; you will constantly need money to fuel your addiction. You might even borrow money to gamble from others. However, gambling for fun is recreational, doesn't take up all your money, and won't hurt people around you if it is purely for fun.
legendary
Activity: 1078
January 21, 2016, 01:36:41 AM

Activity: 938
Merit: 501
January 20, 2016, 11:50:13 PM
Whether something is a sin or not is solely between you and your god.
My take on this has always been that if it doesn't hurt anyone and everyone is doing it of their own free will, then it is fine and not a sin
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
January 20, 2016, 09:21:02 PM
It may be wrong, but it's not a sin. You are only hurting yourself of your own accord.

You simply have to understand that gambling is no profit source, it is a game. A source of entertainment. Nothing else.
Activity: 1005
January 20, 2016, 08:31:41 PM
It dependa. If you are additive in gambling, you lose the money that is all of your money and support your family. It will be sin and you know that but you cannot control yurself.
Pages:
Jump to: