Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 237. (Read 1181208 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
I will save some of my money as an back up for the future but majority of my money will go for an investment where I can grow my money in long term and which can also improve my standard of living in future.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
Investment is something we do all the time, but sometimes we do not pay attention. If you are holding fiat, for example, this alone is a form of investment, since you are investing in the ability of the government and the economy of your country to keep the currency stable.
It will only be considered as investing if the value of your fiat is appreciating, however most fiat does not appreciate due to inflation.

Its tough to differentiate and classify that as an investment or not, but considering your reasoning it can go both ways. It totally depends on your current status and the thing that you are investing in. If it can give good returns in future then its a good investment. Holding fiat is not recommended since we all are holding a lot of fiat technically. So its better to diversify and think about other things to invest in of which bitcoin is one. One can definitely try investing money in bitcoin and then selling it when prices rise.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 568
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
Yes, your money will be safe on the bank but you are just missing it to make more money. But if you are going to take some chance of it by investing somewhere, you are making a bright choice. So it's like that, save some in the bank and put some it into an investment that you know that you can grow it.
Now is a good thing to keep the money you have, especially if it's in the form of bitcoin. Well, having a lot of bitcoin right now is definitely going to be really profitable, because its price goes up, so I think, holding it would be better if it was in bitcoin form.

Let's declare money as real money or fiat or physical money so that others won't be confused on what "money" we are talking about. When it comes to saving, then bitcoin is more profitable and with the current price of it. If you ever had those bitcoins you are holding earlier when the price is still low, then you got some profit from it already.
Activity: 966
Merit: 274
You do know there are other ways to invest..  Not just bitcoin or gold, I'd suggest talking to a finical adviser about your investment options.
If you are content with low returns then it is probably best to save your money in a low interest account.  It will be insured and is 'safe'.
Gold is a solid investment, the price is quite low at the moment, it seems like a safe long term investment, not very fungible though.

Bitcoin is dangerous, you could lose most of your money quickly, you could also make lots of money. It is fungible, if you can handle the stress of big price swings, it is a good investment in my opinion.

I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket.  I personally am long oil at the moment, I can ride out the overproduction dip, but it won't stay at $50-60 for long, I am willing to bet on that!
It is a great point to know your goals in life specially to your bitcoin. If we are going to compare investing and saving there is a lot difference between the two. Saving is much easy than investing because in investing your bitcoin there is always a risk. And it always depends on how you will manage it. As you said you could lose bitcoin your are right because as i said there is a risk but if you will grab the chance and take the risk i am sure that it will be worth it as you will do your best to manage it to earn more.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
the question is what is your goal. is your goal just to put your money on somewhere and didnt expect anything in return ? or you want to make your money grow?. Saving your money specially in a banks will not make your grow, however investing your money in paper assets, real estates, bitcoin will surely make your money grow. In short investing your money is the best option to make your money grow.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
They are both better to do to keep your money in your own. Since you wouldn't put all of your money in investments and you wouldn't save all of your money, better to do both of them so that you can save and earn profit at the same time by just letting your money earn from investments program.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016
i think invest is the best option ,because if you invest some money you will get more and of course there have equal risk.But the best option and better is invests money.

investment is indeed a better thing. but only for those who know the correct way of investment, right sources, and legit websites and investment methods, people who only have money but don't have Idea about investment can only make their self lost.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
i think invest is the best option ,because if you invest some money you will get more and of course there have equal risk.But the best option and better is invests money.

It is not the best option, the best option is that you are going to do both things. Because if you know that you are going to get good results for doing both, saving and investing together. Why not try to choose them? It just depends on how you would like to save while investing into something, save your profit for your good.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?
You can to the same with each other for better .
just turn your casfiat into bitcoin .
Bitcoin will be in your wallet as the saved money but with the time increase the money in your wallet will also increase Because the price of the bitcoin will increase day to day , so in this way you are doing the both thing in single work .
But if you will ask me to Invest money in the gold or silver like assets good or best , then I will say it Isn't good to Invest in such altcoins Because these are ways for the loss Only Because value increase take more time and also if you make buy sell two to three times then 200-300$ will destroyed by the shopkeeper ( as an trader ) .
Activity: 53
Merit: 0

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267
Investing is much more recommended than saving it in a bank., investing will make your money grow month after month,but when you put it in a bank and save it ,your save money will only ptofit 0.02% in a month which is too low.
I think bro even saving money is good why? because if your money invest in online they have possibility that your money loss because we are in online world that everything have possible to happen. Saving money is also good because your money secure but the interest is very low only unless you invest in online they have possible to earn a lot of money but it is very risky. I think both is good but its different uses and purpose.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 674
Investment is something we do all the time, but sometimes we do not pay attention. If you are holding fiat, for example, this alone is a form of investment, since you are investing in the ability of the government and the economy of your country to keep the currency stable.
It will only be considered as investing if the value of your fiat is appreciating, however most fiat does not appreciate due to inflation.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Activity: 1946
Merit: 502
Investing is much more recommended than saving it in a bank., investing will make your money grow month after month,but when you put it in a bank and save it ,your save money will only ptofit 0.02% in a month which is too low.
Activity: 420
Merit: 282
For me  it's better you choose investment because you invest your money or bitcoin you take the risk and that risk had high possibility to earn. While if you save your money or bitcoin you are not practically business minded because you were only wait to your money or bitcoin even you have no do to earn it.
Yeah your right, because waiting of savings to have an interest without doing is a work of lazy people. They want only earn even they cannot work. But it is wrong because if you want to earn income, just invest your bitcoin. There's a lot of business in online that assure you that you earn income. so I think invest your bitcoin is the best one.
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
For me  it's better you choose investment because you invest your money or bitcoin you take the risk and that risk had high possibility to earn. While if you save your money or bitcoin you are not practically business minded because you were only wait to your money or bitcoin even you have no do to earn it.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Saving means easier access to spending it. But when you invest it chances of earning more out of it and holding it for some time before you can spend it
well, when you invest chance of earning more increase, but don't forget equal chance of loosing will also came along with chance of earning.
when you invest you can face either profit or lost.

Saving is for short term things, while investing is really good for long term. when you invest chances of loosing your money is quiet low, while when you do trading you might loose all your money. well in terms of investing the higher the risk, the higher the income.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
Saving means easier access to spending it. But when you invest it chances of earning more out of it and holding it for some time before you can spend it
well, when you invest chance of earning more increase, but don't forget equal chance of loosing will also came along with chance of earning.
when you invest you can face either profit or lost.
but to me i think the chance of making money from investing money in bitcoin is more as compare to its lost.  because the price of bitcoin is increasing from time to time as we can see that the price of bitcoin recently cross 1500 USD level that is really a very good progress. i am still hopeful that  still there is too much potential in the price of bitcoin to increase more and more.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?
It is much better to invest than saving money, although I'm not saying its bad, of course not. it is just in investing you can get profit in ashort period of time unlike in saving money, it is not but in saving it is very safe than in investing.

Yeah saving it on the bank will gain you but it's very low, it's like you save $1,000 there and you'll earn $1 or $10 if I'm right. But it's good to save some money in the bank because that will tell you on how wealthy you are and that is something needed by everyone of us. And if your focus is earning at this moment, then go invest.
It's better because the risk is almost nonexistent. Saving in the bank will be the way out if you do not dare to invest. But want to benefit from save. You can keep all your money in the bank

If you are going to keep all your money in the bank, you might miss a lot of chance to grow it more. Because if you will just let your money sleep in the bank you can grow almost nothing as the interest that is going to give you by the bank is not that big. You can save some of it in the bank and invest it to some profitable investment.

Saving some part of your funds in banks is a good way to keep your money safe but you should not forget the fact that your money will never grow by saving it in banks and if you want to grow your money then you should take a risk of investing in different projects after doing a good market research.

Yes, your money will be safe on the bank but you are just missing it to make more money. But if you are going to take some chance of it by investing somewhere, you are making a bright choice. So it's like that, save some in the bank and put some it into an investment that you know that you can grow it.
Now is a good thing to keep the money you have, especially if it's in the form of bitcoin. Well, having a lot of bitcoin right now is definitely going to be really profitable, because its price goes up, so I think, holding it would be better if it was in bitcoin form.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 568
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
It is much better to invest than saving money, although I'm not saying its bad, of course not. it is just in investing you can get profit in ashort period of time unlike in saving money, it is not but in saving it is very safe than in investing.

Yeah saving it on the bank will gain you but it's very low, it's like you save $1,000 there and you'll earn $1 or $10 if I'm right. But it's good to save some money in the bank because that will tell you on how wealthy you are and that is something needed by everyone of us. And if your focus is earning at this moment, then go invest.
It's better because the risk is almost nonexistent. Saving in the bank will be the way out if you do not dare to invest. But want to benefit from save. You can keep all your money in the bank

If you are going to keep all your money in the bank, you might miss a lot of chance to grow it more. Because if you will just let your money sleep in the bank you can grow almost nothing as the interest that is going to give you by the bank is not that big. You can save some of it in the bank and invest it to some profitable investment.

Saving some part of your funds in banks is a good way to keep your money safe but you should not forget the fact that your money will never grow by saving it in banks and if you want to grow your money then you should take a risk of investing in different projects after doing a good market research.

Jump to: