Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 375. (Read 1181210 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 15, 2016, 01:44:11 PM
It is good to have savings, but if you leave all your money in the bank for a long time, it may lose value because of inflation, during which time you may also lose good opportunities to invest.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
September 15, 2016, 12:30:30 PM
Its just like when you have a real job and working with fiat currency; you save it in your bank and use some of it for investment so that you can keep earning more

Actually this is the  reason  why people   are saving.  The idea of getting a good capital and venture to a business world.  If you ask people who  have daily job on why  they are saving money, they will answer you that they do this thing for  future use that if ever they have accumulated enough, they can setup a business or store  when they are old.

Yeah a person who is earning only from his day job will prefer to save, as at initial stage its not possible to go directly for an investment, but once you have descent savings you can go for an investment.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1280
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
September 15, 2016, 12:17:01 PM
Its just like when you have a real job and working with fiat currency; you save it in your bank and use some of it for investment so that you can keep earning more

Actually this is the  reason  why people   are saving.  The idea of getting a good capital and venture to a business world.  If you ask people who  have daily job on why  they are saving money, they will answer you that they do this thing for  future use that if ever they have accumulated enough, they can setup a business or store  when they are old.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
September 15, 2016, 12:12:19 PM
investing is more risky than savings but i will stay at savings if i save my earnings into bitcoin because the price of bitcoin is increasing anytime i can make a profit for every price spike of bitcoin..

but for getting the success we will have to invest along with saving and saving wil not work better, like on earth everyone is busy in saving but you may know that only those people are rich who are investing their money.
The only people that actually make money are those who go and invest their money in something, saving your money will always just result in a net loss, and in the worst case you might as well save your money in bonds. It has less interest/yield than inflation for some countries, however it is far better than just "saving" your money and doing nothing with it.
Yes my goal should be that money work for me and not the other way around, so while saving is good, your money should not be sitting idly in a bank doing nothing, invest that money, even if it is in one of the safest investments that you can make.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
September 15, 2016, 01:54:40 AM
I have been investing on various financial instruments over the last few years, with varying degrees of risk involved and also varying results as well. I also have invested on different time frames and used different strategies. I have an investment that I paid in lump sum, and investment that I have to put money every month. Now that I also have bitcoin, I try to earn little by little while I also buy when I have the budget.
Activity: 490
Merit: 520
September 15, 2016, 01:51:27 AM
I believe it is better to invest, but only if the investment has good potential and it's not too risky. It's also important to have savings, because you never know when you will need it.

you're right, safety is very important.
I think that is up to us to determine which investment has a great potential, we need to be educated and read all the necessary information on a certain investment we are putting our money, never follow the hype because most of the time it will lead us to be failure with our investment.

Planning and  have enough information about  on investments would  be must  consider first before  we put our money on said investment because  the risk of lossing your money is always there. In my own plan  we must  invest our money and diversify it in able to get profits so that we would able to save more on those  profits that weve made.

Key word here that most people miss is "diversify." This is one of the core principles of investing. No matter how good you think a deal is, diversifying is a requirement for protection.
And I believe that should be the standard in investing, we need to diversify our investment so we can minimize the risk, there are many good investment here but we will see one investment that would really attract us but we need to control ourselves not to put our investment in one basket.
Diversifying your investment with a lot of investments that attract your attention is definitely one of the best investing decisions you can make, and it's something that I would congratulate you on if you do that already. Most people don;t diversify that much, and if the value of something goes down the losses can be astounding.
Activity: 952
September 15, 2016, 01:44:21 AM
I believe it is better to invest, but only if the investment has good potential and it's not too risky. It's also important to have savings, because you never know when you will need it.

I think that is up to us to determine which investment has a great potential, we need to be educated and read all the necessary information on a certain investment we are putting our money, never follow the hype because most of the time it will lead us to be failure with our investment.

Planning and  have enough information about  on investments would  be must  consider first before  we put our money on said investment because  the risk of lossing your money is always there. In my own plan  we must  invest our money and diversify it in able to get profits so that we would able to save more on those  profits that weve made.

Key word here that most people miss is "diversify." This is one of the core principles of investing. No matter how good you think a deal is, diversifying is a requirement for protection.
And I believe that should be the standard in investing, we need to diversify our investment so we can minimize the risk, there are many good investment here but we will see one investment that would really attract us but we need to control ourselves not to put our investment in one basket.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
September 15, 2016, 01:39:36 AM

legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
September 15, 2016, 12:44:53 AM

Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
September 14, 2016, 11:11:07 PM

Activity: 146
Merit: 100
September 14, 2016, 10:26:36 PM

Activity: 238
Merit: 250
September 14, 2016, 10:21:13 PM
Activity: 98
September 14, 2016, 06:58:02 PM
I'd invest it in real estate or gold. Saving is good choice but investing is better as it's one type of savings with return benefits.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
September 14, 2016, 06:52:58 PM
investing is more risky than savings but i will stay at savings if i save my earnings into bitcoin because the price of bitcoin is increasing anytime i can make a profit for every price spike of bitcoin..

but for getting the success we will have to invest along with saving and saving wil not work better, like on earth everyone is busy in saving but you may know that only those people are rich who are investing their money.
The only people that actually make money are those who go and invest their money in something, saving your money will always just result in a net loss, and in the worst case you might as well save your money in bonds. It has less interest/yield than inflation for some countries, however it is far better than just "saving" your money and doing nothing with it.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I learnt about experts they're experts on fuck all
September 14, 2016, 06:51:22 PM
Money is not going to produce more money unless you invest it in something. But you can also lose money because of a bad investment. I guess you better invest in your education first then decide what is best for you.
Activity: 686
September 14, 2016, 06:45:34 PM

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
September 14, 2016, 03:44:29 PM
I believe that investing is a decision wiser than just decide to leave the money in the bank for years, since over time the inflation can undermine the value of your savings.
Saving money at the bank is a form of investment without contract but always good to have an investment because in an investment our money will work for us. And much great if you invest in bitcoin because we all know that the value of bitcoin is continuous increasing and we can get the good earning on that.
I don't agree with you on that matter because bank is not for investment IMO, I only put my money in the bank for the sake of security because I want that on my savings, therefore the real investment is outside the bank which is in the crypto world or here in the bitcoin world to be exact.

Just to add to this comment, this is the reason banks were created in the first place, people did not have a safe place to store their coins so thieves had easy access to coins, so someone created a bank, a place that will have increased security and that will watch the coins.

Bitcoin with its decentralized nature has returned the power to people and out of banks by allowing everyone to finally being able to secure their coins.
Activity: 70
September 14, 2016, 03:26:38 PM
Investing is very important, but in my opinion you should also have a savings. You need have enough  emergency money around for when things get difficult. As  far as investments are concerned, gambling should not even  be considered an investment. The  best investment, in my opinion, is bitcoin itself..
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014
September 14, 2016, 02:47:37 PM
when talking about growing money it has always had a high risk, investment or even just holding a bitcoin was still a risk. but we can not just save money. we have to do both in order to remain balanced.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
September 14, 2016, 02:40:56 PM
Jump to: