Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 693. (Read 1181208 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Save money is a bad idea, it like you lent your money to rich people, and make them more richer. Find a right way to invest your money, you can earn more.

How the hell is saving money a bad idea? You don't have to keep it in a bank, and investing your money just for the sake of it is a good way to lose it all especially if you don't know what you're doing.

There is the argument that people must go out and spend to get the economy going again.
That is the only reason that the government may not like people to save a lot. It definitely is not a bad idea for the common man.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
Save money is a bad idea, it like you lent your money to rich people, and make them more richer. Find a right way to invest your money, you can earn more.

How the hell is saving money a bad idea? You don't have to keep it in a bank, and investing your money just for the sake of it is a good way to lose it all especially if you don't know what you're doing.
hahah its not good to lose your money that you hard work for it. Theres some investment that have a low risk so that you will assure that your money won't be lose. But saving is not a bad idea.
MJK
Activity: 60
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015
I better save the money rather than invest it. But still both of them has their risk. But saving money risk is lower than investment.

Investment's risk for example : buy some GHS or spend it on Ponzi scheme
Saving money's risk for example : if you're save your money and bank. But some bank will bankrupt without being noticed because unexpected and complicated reason
Saving is always the best thing to do

Save money is a bad idea

The best thing is which brings you more profit in the long run. Strictly speaking, saving in a bank on a deposit account is also a form of investing, not very far from investing in, say, the US Treasury bonds. And it is still debatable which is more risky (inflation-wise, before all)...
Saving is important and good idea. Is it better to save money or invest it? its all depend on your goal. If you want to grow your coins or your fiat money then make an investment or you can make a business. But if you want to save your money and you are scared to lost it then you will save it. ITS ALL DEPEND ON YOUR GOALS>
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
Saving is possible for just about everyone, and remember, the point is not just not consuming, but to reserve consumption for later. If you feel better because you will have the ability to spend later, then it is rational to save. If you just think that saving is not spending, therefore living at a lower standard of living than your surroundings, then don't save, but that could also be seen as risk behaviour. In the end, you decide for yourself.

Personally I have found it difficult to save sometimes, and that is when I have had dependants that don't know about economy or value, and should not be bothered to know. It is hard to deny children something, when you know that there is no way of compensating their loss with later spending.

If you are on your own, you can save, if that is what you want. And at some point of course, there is enough.

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
Saving is always the best thing to do

Save money is a bad idea

The best thing is which brings you more profit in the long run. Strictly speaking, saving in a bank on a deposit account is also a form of investing, not very far from investing in, say, the US Treasury bonds. And it is still debatable which is more risky (inflation-wise, before all)...
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1414
Saving vs. Investing - it's basically the same thing

This in incorrect. Saving is basically keeping your money safe and not spending it but rather keep it for future usage. While on the other hand Investing is spending your money for investment . In term of losing it, you may/may not lose your initial investment since in "investing" people are entrusting their money to the other people

Investing could result in losing your money as well. You will need more references on what you are investing though. It is not like every investment is a guarantee for a gain of interest
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Well I'd be careful with most investments, unless you know exactly what you're doing you can easily end up with less money than what you started out with. The only thing I'd invest blindly (almost - with just a few factors to consider) in is real estate. You really can't go wrong with this one as a long term investment. Land will almost never depreciate simply because there is a finite amount of it and world population is growing ever so rapidly. And I'd give empty plots priority over ones with buildings if I don't plan on selling for a long time (less maintenance).
Activity: 195
Merit: 100

and you can also lose more, here we are speak about people that who can not afford to lose, hence the discussion

i still think you can do both, saving and investing at the same time, and treat your saving as a back-up investment, if your investment goes wrong you have still money for live

Savings always comes first. Think of it as the foundation upon which your financial house is built. The reason is simple - unless you inherit a large amount of money, it is your savings that will provide you with the capital to feed your investments.Savings is present and Investment is future. Both are necessary.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
Just look at what successful businesses do as common practice. Invest, diversify, acquire infrastructure/competition. Wink
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070

and you can also lose more, here we are speak about people that who can not afford to lose, hence the discussion

i still think you can do both, saving and investing at the same time, and treat your saving as a back-up investment, if your investment goes wrong you have still money for live
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
Saving is always the best thing to do.

I would prefer saving over the investment as investment can prove to be a bad decision in future but if i have saved my money I can easily have access to my money at the time of emergencies and bad investment can get me losses which I cannot afford to have.
Activity: 350
Bitcoin and co.
How about you do a 50/50? 50% savings and 50% investments. I always follow this golden rule while investing and gambling -- invest only what you can afford to loose.
Activity: 434
Loose lips sink sigs!
Saving vs. Investing - it's basically the same thing, not a one or the other. If you're doing either of these you're doing better than the people that are spending a lot.

Financial security is a dynamic principle. It's relative to what everyone else has. If I have $100 surrounded by people with $10,000, i'm not feeling very secure. If I have $100 surrounded by people with $1, i'm feeling very secure.

Maybe I should be saying - Saving? Investing? Spend, baby spend!
Activity: 462
It is best to administer it in percentages. Some expert economist advice the 10% Rule:

10% for Fun (Friends, Girlfriends, Whim)
10% for Education (Never, Never stop learning stuff; courses, conferences, workshops, school, this 10 is for that)
10% for Invest (Bussines, assets)
10% for Charity (This gives you an aura of positivity and a feeling of being useful for humanity)
10% for Saving (Heritage, you will need it when you get old)
50% for Needs

If you can't manage your money that way, or can't reach life with that Rules, you are wasting to much or your earnings are to low Smiley

Activity: 223
Merit: 500
VIrtual credit card and virtual Bank account
invest to proper site where its can growth but dont spent on hyip or ptc site
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
I think if you have quite a lot of money, you should invest immediately. Don't think you're gonna earn interest from the banks, it's literally nothing, unless you have a couple of million. Best thing right now, in my experience is stocks. Especially U.S and Chinese stocks. Like you said, gold is good too. But depend on where you are, if you're in North America, investing real state is starting to decline, as immigrants decline. Bitcoin is also a good investment, it's just a bit unstable right now. Hope this helps. GL on your investment  Wink

bitcoin is perfectly stable right now, and it's the right time to invest, don't wait for 100 or others fantasy prices, i don't find investing in gold a real investment, since it's doubtful that it will get up, stock looks good but i prefer the crypto world, it can be traded much more confortably
I would prefer saving rather than investing. Being a Average income guy I don't have much to invest directly as investment requires huge capital so at present would prefer to save money in some savings plans and once i have good fund in hand will go for some good investment products.
Yeah savings is better but if you have a big saving, you can't only save and save you must try to grow your coins or make some business so that your saving would earn a profit.

So how to save big? Saving means cut off some of your salary, so how are you going to have big saving? It is like cut all of your salary and save all of it? If you mean that I dont think that will work here and  for some people they wont even have enough salary to save
Of course you have a big saving if you are continue to save. You will don't have a big saving if you just only save for a couple of months or years. All of things in this world are hard to get.
Jump to: