Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 696. (Read 1181208 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
Whether you save or invest depends on how much money coming in you have. Personally I like to save most of my money and invest a little in bitcoin. I think bitcoin could be a decent investment in the long run so I plan to hold for a couple of years at least but if bitcoin doesn't really go where I want it to or fails then I'll still have my savings.

I am also saving at this point, even when it gives me barely a decent return. Currently 2.20% anually. Better than nothing, and it's a very safe and stable manner of growing your money.

I hold my coins because I believe in Bitcoin. And from time to time when the price is quite low, I buy and hold, and if the time is right I sell them again. Extra profit  Smiley

So that means you are just wait for the right time to sell right? So how about if the right time is more than a week? Do you still wait it then sell? That is a real problem if you just buying and the price keep dropping? What do you suggest for the time like this?
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
Whether you save or invest depends on how much money coming in you have. Personally I like to save most of my money and invest a little in bitcoin. I think bitcoin could be a decent investment in the long run so I plan to hold for a couple of years at least but if bitcoin doesn't really go where I want it to or fails then I'll still have my savings.

I am also saving at this point, even when it gives me barely a decent return. Currently 2.20% anually. Better than nothing, and it's a very safe and stable manner of growing your money.

I hold my coins because I believe in Bitcoin. And from time to time when the price is quite low, I buy and hold, and if the time is right I sell them again. Extra profit  Smiley

Its better to have a interest even if it is small instead of nothing. Yeah thats right when the price of bitcoin is low thats the time when will you buy and wait for a few days or the time when the price of the bitcoin is high thats the time when you sell it.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
Sure, but Gold has proven over thousands of years that it holds value. Bitcoin is only seven years from now and it has not proven its durable stability so far.

Wherever you invest risk factor goes hand in hand. If you think that bitcoin will face as a currency then if u invest in gold stocks their future is also uncertain. You can't expect that their prices will go up in the future but  at present the better option is to invest in bitcoin.

Very Rightly said. Make small investments and diversify it into different products. I also believe in investing small amount in bitcoin as the future of bitcoin is secure I can afford to take risk by investing it into bitcoins and hold it for couple of years and trade it when the right time comes.

Secure in what way? Secure as a technology perhaps but it could fail as a currency or could run into trouble if the price drops so much that it isn't profitable to mine.

well nothing is secure from a investment point of view, this is known, still bitcoin feel more secure than other investments which aren't offering much today besides a stuck market or small swings at best case...

Yeah the people who haven't any saving or a capital can't invest. but in a normal person with have a regular salary should have a saving before they invest , saving can help them to have a capital even if it is not a big capital but still it can invest. Investment have a risk so that you must diversify your capital or your money in different assets. Don't put all of your money in one investment, make a different assets so you can cover your loss in investment with you business.

but don't in vest in too many assets, or will end up with the contrary, losing more respect to investing in only good one, also with many assets will be much harder to control and more stressful, and we know that stress isn't a friend for trading/investing ecc...
I know that have many assets have many responsibilities, but its depend on you how many assets will you handle. Dont have too much assets if you can't handle it wisely.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070

Very Rightly said. Make small investments and diversify it into different products. I also believe in investing small amount in bitcoin as the future of bitcoin is secure I can afford to take risk by investing it into bitcoins and hold it for couple of years and trade it when the right time comes.

Secure in what way? Secure as a technology perhaps but it could fail as a currency or could run into trouble if the price drops so much that it isn't profitable to mine.

well nothing is secure from a investment point of view, this is known, still bitcoin feel more secure than other investments which aren't offering much today besides a stuck market or small swings at best case...

Yeah the people who haven't any saving or a capital can't invest. but in a normal person with have a regular salary should have a saving before they invest , saving can help them to have a capital even if it is not a big capital but still it can invest. Investment have a risk so that you must diversify your capital or your money in different assets. Don't put all of your money in one investment, make a different assets so you can cover your loss in investment with you business.

but don't invest in too many assets, or will end up with the contrary, losing more respect to investing in only good one, also with many assets will be much harder to control and more stressful, and we know that stress isn't a friend for trading/investing ecc...

Wherever you invest risk factor goes hand in hand. If you think that bitcoin will face as a currency then if u invest in gold stocks their future is also uncertain. You can't expect that their prices will go up in the future but  at present the better option is to invest in bitcoin.

How would you invest without saving? I mean whose income is average how can he directly go for investment? he need to save first and think of investment in future. Saving is the primary stage for a middle class person and once the savings are done he can choose best possible option.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

How would you invest without saving? I mean whose income is average how can he directly go for investment? he need to save first and think of investment in future. Saving is the primary stage for a middle class person and once the savings are done he can choose best possible option.
Activity: 344
Merit: 250

Activity: 631
Merit: 500
It depends on what is the inflow of cash i.e, what is the monthly income If the income is less then it would be spend in day to day expenses nothing is saved and if saved that would be minimal can't invest anything from that money and rate of inflation is increasing day by day so it becomes difficult even to save for an average earning individual.
Activity: 938

We believe that it will be secure in the future course of time. So it's good invest at this stage and ya it could fail but thinking on that perspective that it could fail and we don't invest today then it would be foolishness so its better to invest small amount in bitcoins.
Activity: 138
Merit: 100

The simple practice of risk vs reward is always a must in bitcoin. Investing is the more profitable option rather storing is the safest option. You should know this! Smiley

Yes its true but if you can do both why you only do the investment? Sure both is profitble but the higher risk always investing and the storing things is the safest way to earn some money altough the result is lower than investment but it still worth

Since i bought Bitcoin, the price decreased 40%, not a really good investment, or atleast it carries alot of risk.

But the potential reward is also good. I mean i look for atleast a 1000% return, so my current -40% pending loss will be dwarfed by the potential profit.

If you just invest in bitcoin better not to use that bitcoin for anything, just stack it as many as you want but its a little bit risky right? So if you really want to get profit better do trading with some of your bitcoin that you bought may be that will cover your 40% lost altough its not too much but its worth to try rather than stack it just like that

Yes I think this is the right time to invest in Bitcoin as the prices are fallen down. So If you invest today then it could be better choice as the Financial Guru's have predicted that the future of bitcoin is safe and it will reach to a new level so its better to invest right now.
Yeah make another income or a business to cover your loss in investment. Don't just wait to your investment or dont hope that you will earn in investment, have another income so that you can earn more profit and the loss of your one asset can recover by those left assets.

Yes bitcoin is the best option at present to invest. But I feel that if you are looking for long term investment then  Gold and Stocks are also better options. Just Own it And Forget it Don't hesitate even if the prices are going down and stocks you can sell at any point of time when you think that you are earning a good profit out of it.

Yes its true but actually you really need a real job so that you can save some of your salary to invest in this bitcoin or gold or stocks. If you got no money how are you going to invest in it. Gold is for the long term investment and the price is raise just a bit altough every year it will be high but if you want a great profit still better do bitcoin
Yeah you wont hope only to bitcointalk or in signature campaign you must have a real job that have a salary every month. And then if you have a free time join to bitcoin so that you have a extra income.
Activity: 533

Activity: 172
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
The simple practice of risk vs reward is always a must in bitcoin. Investing is the more profitable option rather storing is the safest option. You should know this! Smiley

Yes its true but if you can do both why you only do the investment? Sure both is profitble but the higher risk always investing and the storing things is the safest way to earn some money altough the result is lower than investment but it still worth

Since i bought Bitcoin, the price decreased 40%, not a really good investment, or atleast it carries alot of risk.

But the potential reward is also good. I mean i look for atleast a 1000% return, so my current -40% pending loss will be dwarfed by the potential profit.

If you just invest in bitcoin better not to use that bitcoin for anything, just stack it as many as you want but its a little bit risky right? So if you really want to get profit better do trading with some of your bitcoin that you bought may be that will cover your 40% lost altough its not too much but its worth to try rather than stack it just like that

Yes I think this is the right time to invest in Bitcoin as the prices are fallen down. So If you invest today then it could be better choice as the Financial Guru's have predicted that the future of bitcoin is safe and it will reach to a new level so its better to invest right now.
Yeah make another income or a business to cover your loss in investment. Don't just wait to your investment or dont hope that you will earn in investment, have another income so that you can earn more profit and the loss of your one asset can recover by those left assets.

Yes bitcoin is the best option at present to invest. But I feel that if you are looking for long term investment then  Gold and Stocks are also better options. Just Own it And Forget it Don't hesitate even if the prices are going down and stocks you can sell at any point of time when you think that you are earning a good profit out of it.

Yes its true but actually you really need a real job so that you can save some of your salary to invest in this bitcoin or gold or stocks. If you got no money how are you going to invest in it. Gold is for the long term investment and the price is raise just a bit altough every year it will be high but if you want a great profit still better do bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
Investments are good if you know when and where to invest.
If I were you, I would initially go to a good Consultant, tell him about my portfolio (my current earnings, expenses, savings, etc), take advice and then invest.
Activity: 952
Small Investments in Diversified products can be profitable. And Save money in the bank so that you may need it at the time of emergencies. If you in diversified products the risk factor is divided and you can cover up your losses from other products so it can be profitable.
Activity: 533

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
As an individual or family it is nearly impossible to save and invest because every fucking thing is so goddamned expensive.

And if you do happen to save and "invest" you get paid nothing for it or have it stolen by Wall Street and Washington.

Every time I hear someone blaming individuals or families for "not saving" I want to punch their teeth in.

Yup. It's expensive, plus you get next to NO interest on your savings.

Let's face it: this is on purpose. The Government doesn't want thrift. It wants good like Consumer-Bots who will spend themselves into oblivious, power the World's economy, make the Banks & CC companies rich, and generate MOAR tax revenue. 

In short, they want rats on a treadmill.
Exactly WTF are we supposed to invest in? Savings accts earning negative interest once REAL inflation is factored in? The stock market? Or the other Ponzi scheme? Real estate? Everything is so fucking rigged how can the average person reliably save or invest in anything in this bubbleconomy.

I guess I'll just keep investing in spam, bottled water and metals, and of course, BTC monthly, as soon as I get my pay check in filthy fiat.
Jump to: