Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it possible for someone to manipulate the virtual currency market? - page 4. (Read 1793 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 100
ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS
Have you heard of whales? They're basically controlling the market as it is. If there is a huge supply of coin floating around the market, then they will buy it to boost the price. Then sell it to drop it. That is why we small investors should hold on to our coins. When the market dips, we should buy more so the whales would have less power to control it.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 2259
If an entity is large and powerful enough, is it possible for it to gain a monopoly advantage and manipulate the rises and falls of the virtual currency market?
I think it possible. if that someone has a lot of money to use to manipulate virtual currency market once they sold or bought a huge stock of virtual currency its market will surely change and people will follow with the change. but, it needs big money to do it.
Yes it is possible but i think that it is now becoming difficult, because the use of crytpo currencies is increasing which is also increase the price of crypto currencies, i think that in future  it will even become impossible that even big whales will not be able to use to manipulate any single crypto currency.

Indeed. I noticed that the "whales" don't pump or dump only one crypto currency. They always sell all of the different coins they bought, lest other traders trying to keep their money will jump to another crypto currency. If the global capitalization of the crypto exchange markets will be enough large, it will be more difficult to manipulate the prices of the coins, but I guess the "whales" can do much anyway.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 104
Absolutely! I've seen a lot of this in every exchange. There are instances that if they want to pump/dump it they will buy/sell(in small increments) on a price that they want however it is risky and also a person or a group needs a lot of capital to do this.
Activity: 672
Merit: 273
If an entity is large and powerful enough, is it possible for it to gain a monopoly advantage and manipulate the rises and falls of the virtual currency market?
Yes of course that this guy can easily control the market without any problem. Moreover, he can do what he wants in this market can create tons of pump and dump things. However, right now, there is no one having enough entity to control the market. I hope that this will never happen
Activity: 686
Merit: 30
on theory , its possible
but on the real , its hard especially for coin like btc , eth etc  because need huge money to mainpulate that
but its less for new coin , the dev can dominate the priice but if they do it maybe that coin will not get instersted from another ppl
Activity: 987
Merit: 289
Blue0x.com

While I do not think that a person is rich enough or has enough assets to control the price when it comes to bitcoins, I think that it is still possible if a group of elite people agreed on doing such a scheme. Specially on coins that have such a small market capitalization and volume. Besides, we all know that almost everything is possible when you have a lot of money, what difference does it make in this industry?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Yes, having a large amount of Bitcoin can manipulate the virtual currency market. Not only that when you manipulate the market we can buy virtual currency in a lower price.
Activity: 178
Merit: 0
Of course, it can be done. We know that the volatility of the encryption market is too volatile and often tumbling. I think there are many times that have been deliberately manipulated, and some whale deliberately made FUD to make people panic selling.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 266
> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

I think it possible. if that someone has a lot of money to use to manipulate virtual currency market once they sold or bought a huge stock of virtual currency its market will surely change and people will follow with the change. but, it needs big money to do it.
Yes it is possible but i think that it is now becoming difficult, because the use of crytpo currencies is increasing which is also increase the price of crypto currencies, i think that in future  it will even become impossible that even big whales will not be able to use to manipulate any single crypto currency.
That is true and in future it will be even impossible to just manipulate the price of it thanks to growing number of users which won't sell their coins with panic and prices will stay more stable for me.
Activity: 140
There is no way to manipulate virtual currency because its digital currency.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
Yes, technically organisation or the group should have a high amount of money to manipulate the market capital but the practically little amount (10% to 40% of the market capital) is enough to create chaos in the market. Crypto market is not mature enough to deal with small price fluctuations and hence most of us get ourselves under the panic situation resulting in a panic decision making that supports the original price fluctuation and hence the little amount is enough to manipulate the market in that way.
Activity: 210
The virtual currency market rises thanks to whale manipulation. They buy all the copper they want to manipulate, causing the demand to increase and then the price increases. After the prices soar, they started to market.
Activity: 66
I was going to write the thread In a few days. So I want the answer too.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 12
If the marketcap and the coin are still small it is certainly very easy for anyone to manipulate the price, but if marketcap is very big like ETH or bitcoin it will be difficult for anyone to manipulation the price.
Activity: 192
Merit: 11
Gold is anonymous, but the gold exchange is not anonymous.

But in the early days of the market, market manipulation was inevitable. BTC can't avoid being manipulated!

Because the economic volume of BTC is not large enough, a large amount of capital transaction can affect the price of BTC!
copper member
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
Semi-Decentralized Exchange
Yeah it's very possible as we had seen a big amount of dumps coming from a single wallet. Those whales can manipulate the market condition and create panic to small investors.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
Yes, and they use news outlets and the media to control the prices. It's very easy for them to bring down the price anytime they want by just planning a large FUD articles at the same time which we've already seen many times.
MMA
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

Activity: 267
Merit: 11
I don't think a single individual can manipulate crypto currency but if you talk about group of individual investors that has huge sum of money in the any of the crypto currency which we refer to as whales, they can manipulate crypto currency market in their favour.
Activity: 68
Merit: 1
a blockchain based virtual money transaction is unimaginable can be manipulated. everything will be transparent and everyone will know it.
but I think the problem with the price in the market could be a monopoly advantage and manipulate the increase and decrease.
Pages:
Jump to: