Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it possible for the bitcoin to lose it's value ? - page 91. (Read 35101 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 254
Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
Sorry if my post is in the wrong place or it's not relevant.

This is one of the surest thing that can happen which we are even witnessing now in relation to price that has fallen to the $2400 when it has reached the $3000 some days back. However, going back to 5-6 years back is not something that is quite achievable in this current dispensation because the adoption of bitcoin is gradually increasing and hopefully it will grow to the point where it will be unstoppable by the forces of government and its agencies.
Activity: 735
Merit: 500
It might happen but temporarily, as in the case when mtgox get hacked, making bitcoin prices crash and many people say bitcoin is dead. As time passes, bitcoin prices recover and even begin to rise. with the growing use of bitcoin and increased transactions is evidence that people are starting to trust bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
Real currency or crypto currency will lose its value. It's a fact and possibly be happen in the future.
There are factors to consider:
1. The high supply of bitcoin in the market.
2. Many alt coins are being mine now.
3. Profit taking
profit taking will bring the value down as we knew that there's really wise traders and whales as well so after they have enough inside their pockets they will sell and played with the value but if you are positive you can just hold and wait just always remember that inside investment research and deep understanding are needed to survive.
Activity: 1111
Merit: 255
Real currency or crypto currency will lose its value. It's a fact and possibly be happen in the future.
There are factors to consider:
1. The high supply of bitcoin in the market.
2. Many alt coins are being mine now.
3. Profit taking
Activity: 798
Merit: 506
Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
It's possible and it can even happen in a short period of time, there is no permanent and holding bitcoin alone is a risky move.
We are here because we believe but by believing we need to put some doubts and limit our investment as well.
That's you decision man, not all of us here put some doubts on bitcoin and consider hold bitcoin as a risky move.
Look at the graphs, look at the price, bitcoin has been proven as a successful investment. How lucky for those people who bought bitcoin in the early years when it was $1-$100 or even $1000 in last year. Who decided to believe in bitcoin (not put some doubts) and keep holding their bitcoin could make more money than what they've invested obviously.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
It is possible, because the loss of value in bitcoin can be caused by the bitcoin players themselves so nail or down and missing or not its value on btuitcoin depends on the bitcoin player itself
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Yes bitcoin is lose it's value for some time nor for longer the reason is that a lots of money is invested in bitcoin and people accepted bitcoin. It's gain thier valued soon if bitcoin lose value
Activity: 952
It's possible and it can even happen in a short period of time, there is no permanent and holding bitcoin alone is a risky move.
We are here because we believe but by believing we need to put some doubts and limit our investment as well.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC

of course it can, just like anything else that has some kind of value. Tho, bitcoin is getting more and more widespread around the world with big businesses accepting it, countries accepting it, more people like you are getting into bitcoin so the demand is getting higher and with the demand going up so is the price.

And this year has been going great for the bitcoin, so far, and  I believe that every passing year will be better than the last.
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
All possibilities could happen, bitcoin could have fallen to the price of $ 1000 but I think it might not be under $ 1000, at least for now it's not possible. Most people predict bitcoin prices will rise as many countries that legalize bitcoin in transactions, for example russia and japan
Activity: 1008
It never came in my mind that bitcoin will lose its value someday. All im thinking is bitcoin will reached the never expected value someday. Which im preparing until happened. Maybe i have already save some bitcoin until that day.
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
Yes it's just a digital asset and like any other asset, bitcoin also can undergo huge dumps. This is possible and probable. You can't expect it to increase all the time.
That’s why it’s kind of funny to see people trying to invest their lifesavings into Bitcoin just so they could make a few hundred dollars then cash the coins out when the coins get more expensive like a year later or something. If those people cashed some coins out and tried to hold a few then they are very likely to get rich while having side cash that they can spend.

Yeah as they say that only invest in what you can afford to lose. Don't be too greedy. As we all know bitcoin is not stable as like the other currency. There's pump and dump. Sometimes the value will go down as the supply is high.
After 5 to 6 years bitcoin will be still a big hit. It will develop and it's still expermental.
Of course, bitcoin will lose its value but this is just a little. It's the nature of every currency.
Activity: 910
Merit: 523

You're right, there's small chance that bitcoin will lose its value as the founder ever stated it, such as ; bitcoin will rise or lose its value in 20 years. But, I can't find any scenario why bitcoin could crash and lose all of its value, I mean bitcoin price already reach over $3000 and many people keep buying and more adopters join the community. Look at Japan which has legalized bitcoin as legal payment, many companies in there accepted bitcoin transaction, even an airline. That what makes it could survive another 5-6 years later.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
So than I would like to ask , what can push the bitcoin price a lot higher ? I suppose countries accepting it like local currency will make it's value sky-rocket right ?  
It's clearly that demand and supply is influenced the price however you might be right that some countries are starting to embrace bitcoin can make bitcoin's value up since it's a good news, people will invest their money in bitcoin and the price will be up. The point is If the demand increases so the price will be increase simple as that. In the other hand there are some factors that affected bitcoin's value one of that is halving, whether the price up or down, the thing that is sure there will be volatility.
Activity: 840
Merit: 501
Sure it can lost value, because bitcoin id decentralized so the value is based on pump and dump, so basically if people stop using bitcoin then the price will fall down and now many investor already split ther investment in alt coin, so if the investor choose another coin to invest then bitcoin will slowly losing its value
Activity: 436
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Yes it's just a digital asset and like any other asset, bitcoin also can undergo huge dumps. This is possible and probable. You can't expect it to increase all the time.
That’s why it’s kind of funny to see people trying to invest their lifesavings into Bitcoin just so they could make a few hundred dollars then cash the coins out when the coins get more expensive like a year later or something. If those people cashed some coins out and tried to hold a few then they are very likely to get rich while having side cash that they can spend.
Activity: 910
Merit: 550
In bitcoin, nothing is impossible. Yes its possible, it depends on the user if the bitcoin lose it's value. In everything that you do? You should know your limitations and know the real value of a thing. Becquse if you abused or over used bitcoin? In the end you are the one who would suffer.
Activity: 217
Activity: 196
If no body wants to buy bitcoins,it would start losing its value.But i don't think that it would happen.Demand for bitcoins is increasing day by day.Mass adoption of bitcoins is taking place.New countries are coming forward to accept bitcoin legally.So no need to worry about that.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 210
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
So than I would like to ask , what can push the bitcoin price a lot higher ? I suppose countries accepting it like local currency will make it's value sky-rocket right ? 
Pages:
Jump to: