Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it possible to calculate how much the price of BTC? - page 4. (Read 724 times)

Activity: 3038
Merit: 647
Mathematics fails where Bitcoin is. Because you can't do that even a supercomputer can't calculate at all. It's like we can't forecast our future, Bitcoin price totally depends on supply and demand. We don't know if big investors leave Bitcoin near future which would dump or we don't know if we will get new big investors which would pump a couple of x Bitcoin prices. So forget about price calculation. If you are a risk taker then accumulate.
Bitcoin will never be certain, as it may be bearish today but the next day it will start to be bullish, so no one gets to calculate its price right. And there may be big news in the future that will bring big changes in the market positively, or the other way around, bitcoin will always have negative news coming in that will make its price to fall even more. So everything is very unpredictable with bitcoin, even if you see yourself as an expert to it, you would still fail how to predict its market price movement and its future price 5-10 years from now.
staff
Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111
Mathematics fails where Bitcoin is. Because you can't do that even a supercomputer can't calculate at all. It's like we can't forecast our future, Bitcoin price totally depends on supply and demand. We don't know if big investors leave Bitcoin near future which would dump or we don't know if we will get new big investors which would pump a couple of x Bitcoin prices. So forget about price calculation. If you are a risk taker then accumulate.
It's not that Mathematics fails, it's just impossible to predict. There are ways you could estimate, but that would be so broad, and full of speculation that it would probably be rather pointless. You'd use Math to get to that conclusion though even if it was broad.

If you knew every single factor from here to the point where every Bitcoin has been mined, you'd have a good chance at predicting it. However, since you can't know everything that's going to happen during that time, you can't. It's as simple as that, to do Math you need the input to get the output, which is something we don't have, and won't ever happen until that day comes.

You can however, calculate the risk. At the moment, I'd probably go out on a limb, and say the only immediate threat that I see would be global bans of Bitcoin. However, I still think that's rather unlikely. The other things that could push the value significantly down would be vulnerabilities discovered, but hopefully we won't have too many of those in the future as that can definitely drag consumer confidence down.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
You really can't — simply because supply is one thing, but demand is the second major factor whereas you can't really know how much demand an asset has until you see it. Bitcoin can literally be at the 21 million supply cap right now but if not much people are buying it and lots more people are selling, the price will drop regardless if bitcoin already has zero inflation.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/law-of-supply-demand.asp
No one can do that because not only that the market is very unpredictable, but also you will not know how many of those would want to buy and would want to sell. So it still fall on demand and supply. And you can’t even correctly predict when will bitcoin end up being bearish or starts to be bullish, the reason why everyone only end up in wild but educational guesses.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 2196
Signature Space For Rent
And maybe the OP is confused with calculating and predicting.  Obviously both are not possible, we will just have our rough estimates base on several factors like supply and demand, our best guestimate.

And we have seen that it could be a a hit or miss, which then goes to show that no one here can exactly tell us how big the price will be in the future.
I am pretty sure OP is talking about price calculation. Not prediction. We don't need anything to predict the Bitcoin price, we can just share it from our own experience and knowledge. But we have seen a lot of stupid predictions as well like Bitcoin will be zero and so on. We just need to be realistic and predict based on past history and experience. The calculation isn't possible at all.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 546
And maybe the OP is confused with calculating and predicting.  Obviously both are not possible, we will just have our rough estimates base on several factors like supply and demand, our best guestimate.

And we have seen that it could be a a hit or miss, which then goes to show that no one here can exactly tell us how big the price will be in the future.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Is it possible to calculate how much the price of BTC will go up until it hits the 21 billion cap?
This would be pure speculation, and I saw many models that predict prices from $100k  to $1 million, but with ever increasing inflation (that will most likely switch to hyperinflation) that isn't really so important.
Value for dollar and other fiat currencies is going down every day, they print a ton of money and this messes up with all price predictions.
Everyone probably heard about PlanB predictions, but here is one even more optimistic prediction Bitcoin rainbow chart:
https://www.blockchaincenter.net/en/bitcoin-rainbow-chart/

How can I calculate the price potential of BTC within the next 1-10 years?
You can't calculate this, you can only make prediction like for everything else in future, unless you have a time machine.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 2196
Signature Space For Rent
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
The price of bitcoin on each exchange is determined by the most recent bitcoin transaction on exchange.

However, the truth is that BTC is so unpredictable because no one is certain of its precise value in terms of money.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
BTC's circulating supply is now 19 billion out of the 21 billion caps.
Millions, not billions. Precisely, it's 19,171,998.41915050 BTC as of block 757553. A few thousands of them are provably non-spendable and another few just lost.

Is it possible to calculate how much the price of BTC will go up until it hits the 21 billion cap?
No, because demand, oppositely to supply, isn't fixed.

I know there is some complicated math you can do about circulating supply, market cap, price etc, it's all connected,
There's nothing complicated. Someone is willing to give some amount of dollars for a bitcoin. Another might offer more than that. A miner will accept selling to the latter. That's about how the price is determined.
Activity: 658
Merit: 158
BTC Rocks
The total supply of Bitcoin is 21 million and it can't be said how much Bitcoin price will go up because a lot of numbers of Crypto Whales manipulating crypto market. And it's also very volatile so no one can exactly say how much the price will go up and when will go up in the next 5 to 10 years.
Activity: 994
Merit: 713

You are totally wrong with this statement of yours, because the total supply of Bitcoin is 21million and not 21billion, of which the 19million which is in circulation, Satoshi owns 1million BTC, while others lost in a wallet that can't be accessed. So there is actually no parameters to calculate how much Bitcoin will be in the next 5 to 10yrs, as it's value always fluctuate with respect to market demand and supply.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
You really can't — simply because supply is one thing, but demand is the second major factor whereas you can't really know how much demand an asset has until you see it. Bitcoin can literally be at the 21 million supply cap right now but if not much people are buying it and lots more people are selling, the price will drop regardless if bitcoin already has zero inflation.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/law-of-supply-demand.asp
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!

I know there is some complicated math you can do about circulating supply, market cap, price etc, it's all connected,

The price is related to block reward (halving every ~4 years), mining difficulty (rising with more and more powerful miners getting plugged in) and also quite a hefty speculative component. Maybe other things too. Altogether I don't think that anybody could "calculate" the future price.
I expected the worldwide rise of electricity price will also matter, but for now it doesn't give any sign to do so.
Overall increase in bitcoin popularity makes more invest / hold and this increases the speculative component...

So yeah, people throwing this or that price in the news just make worthless speculation. Nobody has a crystal ball and math doesn't help here.
Activity: 28
Merit: 2

Pages:
Jump to: