Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it risky to buy not top 100 crypto currencies? - page 65. (Read 8816 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 108
It definitely is risky, it's highly risky and it's unadvisable to do so. There's a reason why there are
lists of top 100, top 20 and even top 10's of best cryptocurrencies out there, they provide people
and investors updates and guidelines on the current hereabouts and status of new and old currencies.
People derive some of their strategies and decisions on this lists. Better take a look at them before
investing on any currency, it might be the break you've been waiting for.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 14
Of course, there is a more risky situation when buying coins that are not part of the top 100. But as in any case, with an increase in the share of risk, remuneration can significantly increase.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
It is not about the just market cap. there are a lot of things to affected the coin prices risky. I think first 30 40 coins more than stable than others
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
As people say, you have to choose your battles. Frankly, crypto investing might naturally become stressing. That's why holders are required to determine a forward looking plan for holding and consider only the top 100.
Activity: 77
It can't always be good. All currency is risky. But why not take the risk ?! It all depends on the project.
Activity: 38
 I think it is very risky to buy even cryptocurrency which in top 100. Crypto market is very risky. But in spite of risk you always have chance what coin which you buy will grow up in several times. You need to always remember that crypto currencies are always risk-related and once you are ready to invest do not forget about it.
Activity: 107
I think all currency is risky especially if invest a currency without analysing. And its not matter if a coin is on top 100 its only a ranking on the price. You should focus the market for sire income not on the rankinf
Activity: 238
Merit: 9
Cryptocurrencies trading would be serviceable for all people aiming to volatility otherwise there exist more positions involving reduced variations by means of numerous placid investments.
Activity: 529
Merit: 250
You have a risk when you buy any cryptocurrencies, but not top-100 crypto can allow you make a more profit
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
Who does not risk, he does not get a good profit - so just analyze and do what you see fit . You can certainly lose profit, but you can well be in the black
Activity: 364
Merit: 13
Hey what do you think, is it risky to buy crypto currencies that are not top 100? I mean do you have a higher chance to lose your money or not?

In any case you are riksing your money.
it depends how much risk can you tolarate also how much you have to invest.
The more risksy the investment , more bigger possible gains.

In general case, I would say tha top 100 are lees risky but remeber than often there are coins which appear in top 100 and quiclky drop to top 200-300, Hypes, pumps.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
In general, lower marketcap means higher risk. But there are exceptions, of course. It is always important to do a proper research. And after this is done, I would say that it is not a bad idea to invest some money to these smaller projects. Higher risk means higher potential reward, if a good project is chosen, it can make 100x or even much more in the future.
Activity: 571
Merit: 100
It all depends on the project. There are projects that are quite promising and their tokens are already traded on the exchange, but it is not included in the top 100.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
No, I don't think so, many altcoins are not instant reached the top 100 before, like as the DCN, DNT, CDT, all the ranking are over 300 in last year, but now all in the top 100 in CMC, if the project is promising, the ranking will rise in the future, and good to buy the potential crypto for the long-term investment.

- It was a period in the past, when altcoin still in the development process but now you should know that the market has gone through several stages of development, altcoin seems to have got their foothold in the market, replacement is very rare, which means that investing in altcoin not in the top 100 will be dangerous. Especially when many projects are created just to attract the money of investors, these projects have no practical value, it is only used for pump and dump, the best is that we still should choose altcoin of the top 100 and has potential
Activity: 490
Not exactly! What is important is that you know what you are doing when it come to investing in cryptocurrency. Do you believe in what your coin stand for in terms of it's technology and services. Do you think coin you are invested in has future potentials!
Activity: 136
Merit: 16
The risk is increase in case of such coins but so is the reward. Choose after proper research and diversify.
Activity: 686
Merit: 131
Actually, the risky thing is to base your investment strategy based off of coinmarketcap data.

CMC is notoriously bad at updating data, having biased data, and misrepresenting numbers.
Basically, it isn't accurate.

Instead, you should be treating cmc as a valuable "search engine" tool.
Use it like a wikipedia.
It is great as a starting point to do your own research.

As far as the top 100 vs the not top 100 goes, look more for things like development history, future roadmap, the product itself, market penetration, community, devs, circulating supply vs. overall supply, etc.
These all will give strong indicators on companies that have a lot of room to grow.
They are much more reliable indicators than just rankings.
Activity: 168
Yes, you do not know what will happen now? Its safer, if you just buy 10 or 15 best in the market, these currencies are more stable and safer for an investment in the long run.
Activity: 336
Investing in any crypto currency is a risk, just where the risk is higher, where it is lower. Everything depends on the particular project, from the development team, from the project partners. Therefore, it can not be said that coins that are not part of the top 100 are more risky investments.
I completely agree with your opinion. It all depends on the choice of the coin and how you get rid of it (that is, at what price you buy and for what you will sell).

Coins that are not included in the top 100 can show even much greater growth than the most famous coins. Everything really depends only on the project.  Smiley
Activity: 1316
Merit: 356
Hey what do you think, is it risky to buy crypto currencies that are not top 100? I mean do you have a higher chance to lose your money or not?
I think your correct. It is really risky to buy a cryptocurrency that not in top 100 marketcap because I have many experiences on that. Even in the top crypto, we really don't know if they'll going to scam you so that we need to be more wiser before buying a coin, a coin that will never make you scam mostly are in the top 10 cryptos.
Pages:
Jump to: