Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it safe to put the tokens on the exchange? - page 3. (Read 2996 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 10
If you are holding many btc or just invested and do not want to sell it for long term than you should ideally be saving it offline. But if you want to do trading or buy/sell for a short term and do not have much value worth than you can safely keep it in good exchange.
Activity: 215
Merit: 1
It is better to store coins owned in the wallet because security is more secure than in the stock exchange, especially now that there is widespread hacking by irresponsible parties or hackers, but if saving coins in the exchange is not in the long term it may not be too risky, but if storing coins in the stock for a long term may be risky.
Activity: 518
Merit: 106
As long as the Exchange has not been hacked by hackers, then I must be safe.
And which exchanges do the irresponsible people want to crack?

But you better save it in an offline wallet like TREZOR.
Activity: 934
Merit: 19
coins should be kept on a cold wallet, provided long-term investments. If you trade coins, you keep them on the stock exchange.
Activity: 378
Merit: 16
the case of tokens or coins lost in the wallet exchanger, there are only two factors that are dangerous,
first is the exchanger itself, so far there have been many cases of wallet exchanger hacking, which has caused the market to experience a dump, because hackers sell large amounts of ETH and BTC, causing the public to panic
second is hacking your account, so make sure your account is safe and for username, email, password, 2FA and all other security systems, I recommend being activated
advice from me
as long as you don't save your coins in Yobit and your account data is only you know, everything will be fine
Activity: 1260
Merit: 350
Maybe it was safe to put our tokens on that exchange, But we need to check always if our tokens are on their already.
And make sure the exchange we use are the trusted exchange.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
Guys is it safe to just put the purchased tokens on the exchange? cause i dont have a wallet in my android app. is it possible that it will be stolen? and claimed to be hacked? Am i doing the right way? Please can anyone help me. Thanks in advance.
For me it is safe to put our tokens on an exchange as long as we registered 2FA in order to make sure that our account will not be hacked. 2FA is very important when we are trading in an exchange because a lots of hacker are monitoring different accounts on an exchange. So beware of it, if you have many tokens in an exchange be sure to make your account safe.
Activity: 378
Yes Exchange is much safer than wallet but choose the trusted exchange without issue of getting hacked. The advantage of stacking of tokens or altcoins in exchange is to direct sell.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 263
If you want to put your token to exchanges site make sure they have 2FA or any security to become more safe. Becausr exchanges site is prone of hacker and anytime your account are possible to open and you lose your token. Highly suggested to you better if you store only your token to wallet it is more safety and send only to the exchanges site if you want to sell it. But it's up to you where do you want to keep your token because that is yours.
Activity: 707
It is wise to always save your coin in a wallet you have power over, that is the wallet you have its private keys. You can make more enquiries to know the best for you., But as for me exchange is a no no
Activity: 868
Merit: 108
Guys is it safe to just put the purchased tokens on the exchange? cause i dont have a wallet in my android app. is it possible that it will be stolen? and claimed to be hacked? Am i doing the right way? Please can anyone help me. Thanks in advance.

Based on my own understanding it not safe, it's better to put your coins in your personal wallet than storing your coins in the exchange wallet its because quite risky, but its depends on you if you want to take the risk.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100

In my opinion, wallets are better to store the tokens and coins. And also, if you have a hardware wallet, I think you can have a better protection, according to other wallets.
Activity: 512
The purpose of exchanges is not storing of your coins but for trading with them. According to that  it is better to keep on exchanges only the coins you are intending to trade with them.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
Not safe. Withdraw it to your own created wallet that you have 100% access to. If anything happen to your coin you will be able control by yourself.
Activity: 616
I like a number of exchanges especially those that offer double security like 2FA. Hackers cannot easily steal your tokens on such exchanges.
Activity: 770
Merit: 100
you can do that, and security depends on the exchange and the application of security that you run on the device is there, if things are good, then you don't need to worry.
Activity: 321
Merit: 20
It is semi-safe because the wallet helds your private keys. If the eschange loses your private keys your funds are away. But most exchanges have improved their security a lot. But try MEW, it's frre and easy to use.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11

Many Exchange firm was reportedly that it has been hack , so this is enough proofs of unsafe storage , personally I stored my coins in MEW and I will put this in exchange if there's already a buyer for my price , so there is only a short span of time it stay at the exchange .
Activity: 89
Merit: 0
It is not recommended, but if you don't have another option than go for it, though I would insist on trying to find erc.20 wallets to see if you can store it, they are way more secure than your typical exchange website.
Activity: 139
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
It all depends on what kind of exchange it is and how much it takes care of the safety of its customers.
Pages:
Jump to: