Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Litecoin dead? What's happening? - page 6. (Read 2851 times)

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
May 10, 2019, 02:21:59 PM
Litecoin, for all I know, aspired to be the "fast cryptocurrency that big corporations like Amazon were going to start using". As of today... I feel like Litecoin is essentially dying  Angry I hold quite a good amount of LTC and really don't know what to do with it...

Thoughts?

Edit; I found this nice article that summarizes what LTC has been up to but idk how I feel about this...: https://cryptotradernews.com/cryptocurrency/whats-happening-with-litecoin/

Litecoin can continue its fall but it will not last for more than a couple of months. Finally, it will gain a lot as soon as it is one of the most reliable cryptocurrencies, and it is also very safe.
Activity: 1918
Merit: 564
May 10, 2019, 01:29:12 PM
Litecoin is still kicking.  It partners with with hotel booking platform travala recently.  It offers discounts to those who wants to travel around the world using travala service and pay with LTC.  Here is the list of benefits the partnership is offering :

These benefits include:

at least 15% cheaper than "traditional" online travel agencies such as Expedia.com, Booking.com, and TripAdvisor.com;
support for cryptocurrency payments (as well as fiat currencies);
"blockchain-verified" reviews; and
a" token-powered incentivization economy"; the AVA token "enables users to benefit from the largest possible discounts when booking their next trip, is given to contributors who help grow the platform through authentic reviews and other content, rewards those who make successful referrals and is paid as fuel cost by other platforms when they leverage Travala infrastructure to improve their own offerings."

You can read more about the news here : https://www.cryptoglobe.com/latest/2019/05/litecoin-foundation-partners-with-hotel-booking-platform-travala-com/
Activity: 397
Merit: 10
May 09, 2019, 10:36:26 PM
in my opinion Litecoin will not die and he is still alive he can grow better.
maybe he just needs to process for major repairs so he takes a nap and after that he will wake up and get better.
he is a good coin that can be profitable and his abilities are also quite good, so he still has the opportunity to develop.
indeed the future no one knows but it is difficult to believe if Litecoin will die.
Litecoin will not die, I am very confident because seeing the price movement is quite good it can even be an altcoin investment choice, like ETH and BNB.
Today the Litecoin price has reached USD 73 and the future prospects are getting brighter with the increase in BTC as a crypto driver that can be ascertained that the altcoin price is moving up. I think Litecoin is worthy of being a future investment.
Activity: 546
Merit: 32
May 09, 2019, 09:14:11 PM
Litecoin, for all I know, aspired to be the "fast cryptocurrency that big corporations like Amazon were going to start using". As of today... I feel like Litecoin is essentially dying  Angry I hold quite a good amount of LTC and really don't know what to do with it...

Thoughts?

Edit; I found this nice article that summarizes what LTC has been up to but idk how I feel about this...: https://cryptotradernews.com/cryptocurrency/whats-happening-with-litecoin/
everyone but different mindset and I'm sure the litecoin is going to be a better currency future investment find the profit percentage by increasing so hope that this year will be better for the investment on litecoin.
Activity: 812
Merit: 100
www.cd3d.app
May 09, 2019, 08:05:14 PM
I think Litecoin hasn't died because Litecoin is still processing on the market. Litecoin is only in a critical state of price competition with other altcoins. This price competition that makes Litecoin lose its trust because it cannot compete for other altcoins. Technologically too, many litecoin competing coins have better technology so litecoin must be truly competent to compete with other potential altcoins. I am of the opinion that Litecoin still has the capacity to compete and become more alive again. If we love litecoin then we can actively trade litecoin so that we can immediately achieve a balance between litecoin offers and requests.
Activity: 300
Merit: 93
May 09, 2019, 07:58:23 PM
The price is actually rising with LTC with a rumor of the next halving and I think this could be the start for them to grow again. Its dying yes for being inactive but i believe it can survive and later this year, it will become an expensive coin again so be patient.
Sure, so Litecoin has to be corrected more than other altcoins, especially if we look at Litecoin price chart, it rose from around 0.008 BTC to very high price, before staying around 0.013 BTC for last few days. Litecoin, obviously has not been a dead coin, and will never be a dead one, but the coin has to fall much deeper as corrections after its rocket journey started at 0.008 BTC. Personally, I will wait Litecoin around 0.009 to 0.01 BTC to buy it back for my portfolio. Maybe it will take some more weeks or 2 or 3 months of waiting, but I will determinantly wait for it.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
May 09, 2019, 07:38:05 PM
in my opinion Litecoin will not die and he is still alive he can grow better.
maybe he just needs to process for major repairs so he takes a nap and after that he will wake up and get better.
he is a good coin that can be profitable and his abilities are also quite good, so he still has the opportunity to develop.
indeed the future no one knows but it is difficult to believe if Litecoin will die.
Activity: 686
Merit: 108
May 09, 2019, 06:35:19 PM
Litecoin is far from been dead ,believe me its never going to happen ,litecoin is one of the oldest coins out there and it survive till date for some reasons ,we have few updates this year alone ,atleast it shows that the team still supports it ,my question is hope you aren't holding only litecoin?

Litecoin is far from death but it hasn't been developing well, it seem like dying and got no improvement, there are few updates this year but it hasn't show anything yet, ltc is one of the oldest coin that got big potential the fee and the speed is really a good sell point for ltc, if the developer could done better, this coin could be a good competitor for bitcoin
The price is actually rising with LTC with a rumor of the next halving and I think this could be the start for them to grow again. Its dying yes for being inactive but i believe it can survive and later this year, it will become an expensive coin again so be patient.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
May 09, 2019, 06:33:21 PM
Are you blind to see on how low Litecoin went early for this year? it just came from $30 and now it's worth $73 and reached $80+. How would think that Litecoin is dying if its keep on increasing? I think that you're misleading yourself for thinking that Litecoin is dying. To tell you, no, Litecoin isn't dying and instead it is already recovering from the bloody months that it has been through. And instead of thinking of its dying, you should get more of it because it will take its halving in August time.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
May 09, 2019, 06:23:30 PM
Litecoin is far from been dead ,believe me its never going to happen ,litecoin is one of the oldest coins out there and it survive till date for some reasons ,we have few updates this year alone ,atleast it shows that the team still supports it ,my question is hope you aren't holding only litecoin?

Litecoin is far from death but it hasn't been developing well, it seem like dying and got no improvement, there are few updates this year but it hasn't show anything yet, ltc is one of the oldest coin that got big potential the fee and the speed is really a good sell point for ltc, if the developer could done better, this coin could be a good competitor for bitcoin
Activity: 343
Merit: 100
May 09, 2019, 12:36:23 PM

Thoughts?

I don't think so. Because Litecoin as well as other Altcoins when Bitcoin falls and the bear market takes a long time, Litecoin also sleeps and goes down. So when Bitcoin returns. I think that Litecoin will recovery.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
May 09, 2019, 12:35:37 PM

Thoughts?

They are not dyeing, but you cannot expect them to be as popular as they use to be when every project want to enter the market and create their own cryptocurrency too, they only survive on projects depending on them, but now that most projects are also trying to do similar thing, they will not get the attention they use to get before.

Using me as an example and many of us in this forum, when last did we really use the service of litecoin, there has been so many alternatives to them that people can easily have access to too. Amazon would have been a big fish for them; same amazon will prefer to create its own coin for their internal operation.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
May 09, 2019, 12:28:21 PM
You should know upon entering crypto that every altcoin is volatile and that's the big risk of it. If you're an optimistic holder, then you should keep in mind that there's an increase and decrease of the prices which we cannot control so we must always take advantage of the market. Litecoin has a big potential so I think doubting about it won't help.
We should not even be picking on these coins separate, because right now, almost all the coins were badly damaged the same way bitcoin was damaged after the last bull run of both altcoins and bitcoin, and it will take time for them to all recover depending on their capacity.

They all do not have equal fingers, the fact that Bitcoin and Ethereum is over shadowing them in quickly response to repair after the damage, does not mean that other projects like litecoin is not doing fine, as time goes on, they will also recover too. Actually this type of news are not bad for them to see that people expect more from them than they are performing, so they still need to be more up and doing.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 541
May 09, 2019, 02:05:17 AM

Thoughts?

That’s how it is, when you decide to sell it and at the moment you sell off, that’s when the price starts to go up and you start to regret why you ever decide to sell your coins. But what exactly is making you feel like Litecoin is dying? Can you state some reasons why you think such? And I’d like to let you know that Amazon is not ready to accept anything cryptocurrency, they are not going to do it. Even if they decide to accept cryptocurrency in the future, trust me, it’s not going to be Litecoin, it’s going to be Bitcoin for sure.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
May 09, 2019, 01:11:30 AM
LTC has some solid userbase/holders. If something bad happens to btc, my second choice would be ltc.

The question is, what bad thing should happen to Bitcoin what does not concern Litecoin as well? After all, Litecoin is largely based on Bitcoin's code base. If Bitcoin goes down, Litecoin will most likely do, too.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 772
May 09, 2019, 12:44:25 AM
Such has been the case for a decade since its acceleration to the enviable position of the first cryptocurrency by market capitalization. Now, Litecoin (LTC), an alternative crypto coin (altcoin), draws inspiration from Bitcoin (BTC). Although it doesn’t rank as the first cryptocurrency by market capitalization, Litecoin (LTC) has a large amount of utility, which is an important factor that helps the value of every cryptocurrency. There are reports that the coin is currently oversold. If true, this can trigger panic buying, this, in turn, facilitates an increment in its value. As financial experts posit, when an asset goes into an oversold zone, the value of such an asset tends to rise after some time.
Activity: 882
Merit: 11
Volare.network
May 09, 2019, 12:32:41 AM
the ripple which is a shit coin still survives today, then why is litecoin currently quite good said dead. this is wrong information, I think those who think like that are people who are pessimistic about crypto. so don't listen to anything they say.

Litecoin will become more and better in the future, I'm sure it's because Litecoin is one of the old coins that stays high.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 509
May 08, 2019, 09:50:46 AM
Litecoin was dumped hard after the known tweet by Charlie Lee on social media. It is possible to see an increase in LTC price after the bull market on the crypto market. Lee shouldn't say that words against the future of LTC.
Activity: 854
Merit: 281
May 08, 2019, 09:43:53 AM
Look at charts, litecoin showed tremendous growth during last 3 month and it looks like litecoin isn't dead. They got partnersheeps with MMA, football and a lot of companies in business

I agree. Litecoin is still ranked number 5 and has flipped past bcash on a few occasions. Also, its halving will take place around August, so there's a chance of a good pump by then.
Activity: 858
Merit: 13
Christ The King
May 08, 2019, 09:41:15 AM
The prolonged bad situation of the market has been a major setback for all coins in the market, and traders are currently very careful not to play too, as they are always at alert to any news. Litecoin will be fine, it's going still feeling the market heat. Traders will trust bitcoin more than any other coin in the market, so major funds are always flowing to bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: