Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Litecoin really really cheap right now? Or is it dying? - page 6. (Read 25682 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Most of the Litecoin naysayers in this thread have been proven wrong.  Had they been smart enough to invest in LTC, they would have made a ton of money.  Their near religious faith in BTC at the expense of any other cryptocurrency has cost them a lot money.  Their loss. (Laughter follows here: Hahahahahaha.)

That assumes of course you weren't being trolled in the first place, and all the LTC haters aren't actually the LTC hoarders trying to keep the price down so they can buy as many as possible at a nice low price.......welcome to crypto. (Sinister laugh follows here. Hahahahahahahaha.)
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Most of the Litecoin naysayers in this thread have been proven wrong.  Had they been smart enough to invest in LTC, they would have made a ton of money.  Their near religious faith in BTC at the expense of any other cryptocurrency has cost them a lot money.  Their loss. (Laughter follows here: Hahahahahaha.)
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
Guess litecoin was very cheap a week ago.

Impressive how LTC is keeping pace/outpacing BTC. I'm supposing a lot of semi-knowledgeable cryptocoiners are getting bullish on BTC and funneling a lot into LTC as well.
I don't think Joe Someguy who heard about BTC last week and bought a few yesterday is buying LTC.
I'm curious what will happen to LTC prices if BTC crashes, re: is LTC a hedge against BTC price? Or is it just a tag-along.

Actually I got into BTC just 2 weeks ago (though heard about it 2 years ago on 4chan...but could not buy in because of the country i was living in)

anyway i finally go some BTC and the first thing I did was diversify  within the first week onto several crptos

There must be room for another coin and BTC may not be the winner in the end....so diversify...

further I reasoned that some other coin at .00001 BTC can go to 0.00100, much more easily that BTC can go from 30 to 3000$

I risk 1 BTC and may gain 100 its a no brainer

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Litecoin is really really cheap right now.

In general, any altcoin is really really cheap if you can get it for less than a dollar per coin, except possibly DeVCoin which is designed intentionally to be worth no more than one thousandth of typical 21-million-coins-cap coins such as bitcoin.

-MarkM-

Activity: 314
Merit: 250
My guess is that there's room for at least a few more similar competing currencies to thrive, re: LTC is silver to BTC as gold.

No

If they function similarly, couldn't there be a ton of value in having LTC as a hedge?

No

If this is true, why is the price stagnating while BTC is rising so steady and fast?

Because it's not true

If Litecoin is useless, does that make all other alternative cryptos useless?

Let's rephrase your question: "If Bitcoin provides all the functionality that people need right now, how can another currency provide usefulness?"

Litecoin is crap.

Humbug.

LTC will fill a niche that BTC can't.  It and several other currencies will rise and complement (as opposed to compete with) BTC.
donator
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105
I think , as mentioned earlier, there is a VERY good reason WHY Litecoins are useful..

You can trade them for Bitcoins and wash your cash. There is no other crypto left that is stable and isn't dying..

There's always batman AND ROBIN!

So it may be the case that just having 2 types of coin is better for strange and wondrous reasons.

"... for strange and wondrous reasons"

http://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,1370.0.html
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
I think its dying, now more than ever.

LOL either you were so wrong, or just trolling the price down to buy more cheap lol....either way price is still going higher.

Tongue
Activity: 718
Merit: 545
I think , as mentioned earlier, there is a VERY good reason WHY Litecoins are useful..

You can trade them for Bitcoins and wash your cash. There is no other crypto left that is stable and isn't dying..

There's always batman AND ROBIN!

So it may be the case that just having 2 types of coin is better for strange and wondrous reasons.
legendary
Activity: 1020
Merit: 1000
Today's volume of trade till now, on BTC-E

LTC/BTC = 3075 BTC

NVC/BTC=202 BTC

Clearly here NVC is dying  Grin
Activity: 406
Something interesting that happened since I started this thread is LTC crushing NVC.
They were trading at the same price and now 1LTC can buy 5NVC.

By whos prices? Right now 1LTC = 0.00448 BTC, 1NVC = 0.0093.

By the retarded prices of my stupid head. Sry, I failed hard there. But my point is valid, no?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
Give it some time. LTC is the next rocket.

Amen.

Some people are gonna be kicking themselves 1.5 year from now when they look back at how cheap they were. Even now they are ridiculously cheap. All of my wage packet this month will be going into them.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
Give it some time. LTC is the next rocket.
sd
Activity: 730
Merit: 500
Something interesting that happened since I started this thread is LTC crushing NVC.

By whos prices? Right now 1LTC = 0.00448 BTC, 1NVC = 0.0093.
legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010

LOL not saying NVC is any good but you need to find your glasses  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
I think its dying, now more than ever.

Impressive how LTC is keeping pace/outpacing BTC. I'm supposing a lot of semi-knowledgeable cryptocoiners are getting bullish on BTC and funneling a lot into LTC as well.
I don't think Joe Someguy who heard about BTC last week and bought a few yesterday is buying LTC.
I'm curious what will happen to LTC prices if BTC crashes, re: is LTC a hedge against BTC price? Or is it just a tag-along.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Activity: 428
Will it take Terracoin?

Yes it will take all non-scam alto. Domain and demo will be announced in next 12 hours on forum.

Looking forward to welcoming you to the exchange scene and trying out your services. Smiley

You will be welcome Smiley Demo can be seen here

https://crypto-trade.com
vip
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
I often wonder if there would be any interest in setting up a development fund for LTC.

It would surely be a worthwhile investment for many of us.

soon Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: