Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Litecoin really really cheap right now? Or is it dying? - page 8. (Read 25680 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
umm.. the price of litecoins has remained pretty constant at around 6-7 cents USD each..

its BTC that has catapulted up in value, while LTC has stayed put

LTC price is up 5 cents to over $0.11, outpacing bitcoin massively over the past few days.
Activity: 428
BTC-E is by far the largest Litecoin exchange.

But several vocal Litecoin groupies have decided to boycott BTC-E as a result of their hissy fit over their support for a second scrypt-based altcoin.

ASICs should recharge Litecoin's batteries once they drive difficulty out of sight for GPU miners.
I think what's needed is more uses for LTC. Using it as an cheap arbitrage pipeline between exchanges would increase its usefulness.

Maybe the LTC community should lobby the other B xchanges to do that..

One could probably come out of BTC-E to ripple in LTC, xchange to BTC there, and arrive at another xchange in BTC.  Huh

But it would be more useful to leave one xchange in something other than B or fiat and arrive at another  in something other than B or fiat, such as in LTC.

A new exchange coming soon to offer new alternative to btc-e, Mtgox... More infos (the demo)coming in next days.

If you can setup a LTC to XRP gateway you would kick btc-e ass.

Noted anyway this exchange will be owned at end I think at 50% by communauty and a thread will be opened to get all idea from future users. Demo will be announced tomorrow Smiley
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

But several vocal Litecoin groupies have decided to boycott BTC-E as a result of their hissy fit over their support for a second scrypt-based altcoin.

ASICs should recharge Litecoin's batteries once they drive difficulty out of sight for GPU miners.
I think what's needed is more uses for LTC. Using it as an cheap arbitrage pipeline between exchanges would increase its usefulness.

One could probably come out of BTC-E to ripple in LTC, xchange to BTC there, and arrive at another xchange in BTC.  Huh

But it would be more useful to leave one xchange in something other than B or fiat and arrive at another  in something other than B or fiat, such as in LTC.

A new exchange coming soon to offer new alternative to btc-e, Mtgox... More infos (the demo)coming in next days.

If you can setup a LTC to XRP gateway you would kick btc-e ass.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
umm.. the price of litecoins has remained pretty constant at around 6-7 cents USD each..

its BTC that has catapulted up in value, while LTC has stayed put
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Awesome, can't wait!
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

looking forward!
Activity: 702
Merit: 503
No, actually one can't do that, unless BTC-E becomes a ripple LTC gateway. Do any of you the BTC-E regulars know whether there is any talk or plans of that at BTC-E?
Activity: 428

Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Now a new question: is litecoin difficulty really going to spike, and will that bring the price back up?
Activity: 406
For quite some time now, speculative interest has been flowing out of LTC to BTC and newer shiner stuff, this outflow seems to be drying up.

Looks like it's ready to catch a fire, just need a little sparkle ...

+1
Seems that if more xchanges besides BTC-E offered LTC funding, that would help arbitrage traders, and all xchanges also.
Maybe i am missing some reason why the xchange operators are not doing that?  Huh
Take a look at Ripple. When it gets more wide spread you will be able to use it to send USD from one exchange to another as easily almost as sending bitcoin.
Right. I mentioned that earlier. That would be a 2-hop process though, with all the accompanying rules when moving USD, so that the US.gov doesn't come after them.

I am hoping the whole trade can just happen on ripple, or OpenTransaction servers eventually. Until then, it would be useful for arbitrage to be able to move funds in 1 hop from 1 xchange to another with LTC.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
Overall Im very bullish on LTC, because the value right now is so good and the upside is so so big.
I think LTC would be perfect for arbitrage traders to jump funds from one xchange to another.

Sometimes one needs to do that in something other than B, and doing it in fiat is a slow, expensive hassle...

Seems that if more xchanges besides BTC-E offered LTC funding, that would help arbitrage traders, and all xchanges also.

Maybe i am missing some reason why the xchange operators are not doing that?  Huh

Take a look at Ripple. When it gets more wide spread you will be able to use it to send USD from one exchange to another as easily almost as sending bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000
Live and enjoy experiments
For quite some time now, speculative interest has been flowing out of LTC to BTC and newer shiner stuff, this outflow seems to be drying up.

Looks like it's ready to catch a fire, just need a little sparkle ...

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

legendary
Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014
The http://litecoin.org page has been updated.
good work on coindl.com weex, sweet site
Thanks nameface. Epicly derailed thread is epicly derailed.

I'm pretty sure you can deposit and withdraw LTC on all of the major altcoin exchanges.  I haven't done it, but I have done it with Terracoin.
Perhaps, but the ones that really matter are the top 5-10 B xchanges. Of those, i think only BTC-E works with LTC, right?

In any case, i hope they all get replaced soon with ripple, or a dark p2p xchange.

I criticized and disagreed with jed on the way he envisions a good xchange, both when he owned MtGox and afterwards, but i think he was wise to unload MtG. He is smart enough to see that MtG and the like is the past of xchanges, and the future is with the ripple p2p model he is developing now. I am grateful for that, and wish him well!  Smiley
Activity: 476
Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm
Overall Im very bullish on LTC, because the value right now is so good and the upside is so so big.
I think LTC would be perfect for arbitrage traders to jump funds from one xchange to another.

Sometimes one needs to do that in something other than B, and doing it in fiat is a slow, expensive hassle...

I'm pretty sure you can deposit and withdraw LTC on all of the major altcoin exchanges.  I haven't done it, but I have done it with Terracoin.
perhaps if vircurex can get their act together
I actually hope none of the current xchanges get their act together, and all the B trading moves to a cheaper, distributed, p2p platform, such as Ripple, once they build up the trading infrastructure, or a dark xchange, if necessary.  Cool

The centralized xchanges are really part of the old Wall-Street-middlemen trading model, which is kind of annoying, and should go away with the banks asap, with all its insiders, KYC, AML, self-serving regulations favoring the largest traders, too-big-to-fail, etcetera.

As it stands right now, we simply traded the old, expensive, centralized, banking/brokerage middlemen for cheaper ones...  Sad 
Activity: 43
Merit: 0

perhaps if vircurex can get their act together
Pages:
Jump to: