Pages:
Author

Topic: Is long-term employee retention a losing battle? - page 5. (Read 1216 times)

Activity: 1484
Merit: 101
If we often change jobs then our skills will never be maximized, sometimes people think that by changing jobs then he can benefit, if we only come from a salary of course this is a wrong thing, companies pay salaries of course look at the skills we have, if we are paid low then the company sees that our skills are still low.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 600
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
The problem is, many employees do not receive a salary that is in accordance with the minimum wage standard set by the government. So many employees complain about this, but they have to stay in their jobs considering the difficulty of other jobs to get.
That's so true. There are companies and employers that are taking advantage of the situation and they're underpaying their employees because they know that they'll keep it and won't have an argument with their lesser than the minimum wage. They know and understands the hardship of finding a new job.

I want to ask, does it make sense for you to earn $100 - $120 per month for 156 hours of work per month?
This is very low but depends on the country, there are countries that have cheap ways of living and this can be appropriate there. But in actuality, this is beyond and lower than most minimum wage.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
Do you think companies pay their employees like that? How many companies are out there paying people so much money that people would not even consider working for another company? Not a lot, most companies pay 50% of what you should be paid, that’s the problem.
There are rules that require companies to pay appropriate wages to their employees and they must be complied with. But maybe not all companies will comply with these rules when paying salaries to employees so that there will always be an incentive to leave and change jobs among their employees.

The problem is, many employees do not receive a salary that is in accordance with the minimum wage standard set by the government. So many employees complain about this, but they have to stay in their jobs considering the difficulty of other jobs to get.

I want to ask, does it make sense for you to earn $100 - $120 per month for 156 hours of work per month?
Activity: 2968
Merit: 670
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Basically, not all employees have good performance in the long term, therefore it is necessary to select according to needs. The company has certain standards in terms of achievement as a set target, for that they recruit employees who are competent and in accordance with their knowledge, in contrast to working in a government environment which is generally less responsible for performance, while companies have greater standards and responsibilities.

However, if you are not the type of person who likes to be managed and does not want to follow the company's standard work system, then this job is not the right place for us to go.
Not all workers have the same talent, but not all companies have the same compensation neither. I have been working for the same person for over 6 years now, do you know how that happened? I am a good employee I think, I do my best, and he is a great boss and we found an amazing pairing, you know how? Because I do my best, and he pays me accordingly and even then some, and keeps me insanely happy, I would never even consider working for anyone else.

Do you think companies pay their employees like that? How many companies are out there paying people so much money that people would not even consider working for another company? Not a lot, most companies pay 50% of what you should be paid, that’s the problem.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 533
~
For me, yes it is. The company will never have that trusted and reliable employees again if they start kicking off from their jobs. And most likely, the other companies will benefit them from then on. So if the company is responsible and does not want to lose some worth keeping employees, then they will always show some care and respect to them, that way, those employees will stay loyal to the company and maintain good performance while they are still in their jobs.
Very normal for a company to be looking for someone whose productive which its their right whether they would really be firing or keeping those employees which i couldnt really blame out
companies on doing this considering that they are running off a business then it would really be normal that they would be looking for something efficient and productive since we do know
that they are aiming for more revenue but on the thing you had said and mentioned then you do actually have the point.Respect is also one of the key on getting those loyal
employees which would really be working under your company.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1643
Verified Bitcoin Hodler
Long term employment is a relic of the past. Why would anyone wish to stay in a single role their whole life? Or work with a single company? People need change to grow and learn otherwise they are nothing but work slaves. A long time ago, back when jobs were very lucrative in pay and very rare, only the best and luckiest were selected. Obviously given the living conditions of those times the employees wanted to stay as long as possible. Because that job gave them a comfortable life. With time, employers became greedier and jobs became more abundant. Working no longer provided the same rewards as before.

Nowadays employers demand very high qualifications for crappy jobs with low pay. Even though the jobs themselves require minimal training time for new employees. So now its all about who pays more and because of this competitive market, people jump from one job to another, better paying one.

If employers sacrificed part of their profits for higher employee wages, they would have employees staying longer with them. But that is not cost effective, if you consider the cost of training new employees who accept lower wages.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 604
Reading this article, I couldn't help but wonder about a lot of things that have gone wrong and is going wrong in companies. Some of these companies are know that employees leaving are a problem and are making efforts to fix it while other who know, ,amy have chosen to ignore it.
Below are some important points highlighted in the article.

According to the report, more than 6.5 million people (20% of the U.K. workforce) are expected to quit their job in the next 12 months, according to estimates from the Charted Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), which published the data in June after surveying more than 6,000 workers. That’s up from 2021, when 16% of the U.K. workforce said they plan to quit within a year, according to the CIPD. Meanwhile, in March Microsoft’s global Work Trend Index found that 52% of Gen Zers and Millennials — the two generations that represent the vast majority of the workforce — were likely to consider changing jobs within the following year.

Data do not lie. If these companies do not want to keep losing this battle they have to start caring about their employees. They have to treat their employees great. In this day and age companies need to start to try to be human and actually care about what their employees care about or at least putting it on the same pedestal with the degree at which the company cares about making profit. We need new generational leaders who are high on emotional intelligence.

What do you think? Are companies losing the battle for long term employee retention?
For me, yes it is. The company will never have that trusted and reliable employees again if they start kicking off from their jobs. And most likely, the other companies will benefit them from then on. So if the company is responsible and does not want to lose some worth keeping employees, then they will always show some care and respect to them, that way, those employees will stay loyal to the company and maintain good performance while they are still in their jobs.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1176
Reading this article, I couldn't help but wonder about a lot of things that have gone wrong and is going wrong in companies. Some of these companies are know that employees leaving are a problem and are making efforts to fix it while other who know, ,amy have chosen to ignore it.
Below are some important points highlighted in the article.

According to the report, more than 6.5 million people (20% of the U.K. workforce) are expected to quit their job in the next 12 months, according to estimates from the Charted Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), which published the data in June after surveying more than 6,000 workers. That’s up from 2021, when 16% of the U.K. workforce said they plan to quit within a year, according to the CIPD. Meanwhile, in March Microsoft’s global Work Trend Index found that 52% of Gen Zers and Millennials — the two generations that represent the vast majority of the workforce — were likely to consider changing jobs within the following year.

Data do not lie. If these companies do not want to keep losing this battle they have to start caring about their employees. They have to treat their employees great. In this day and age companies need to start to try to be human and actually care about what their employees care about or at least putting it on the same pedestal with the degree at which the company cares about making profit. We need new generational leaders who are high on emotional intelligence.

What do you think? Are companies losing the battle for long term employee retention?

You are the one extrapolating and maybe taking it too far. There is often different careers that happen throughout peoples lives and suggesting that it should somehow be closer to 100% of people staying in their jobs forever is naive too. New innovations come along which reduce the need for employees, causing natural attrition within companies. Many people have certain service jobs when they are younger, maybe to sustain them through their studies, but will eventually progress into more lucrative career paths. Others realize that moving around is sometimes the only way to increase your salary but it also adds an element of instability into your life, so there is a trade off there.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 341
Duelbits.com
If the company is too often changing employees, the company's long -term goals will be difficult to achieve, and of course it is a tiring thing if the company is only filled with new employees, the company must dare to invest by maintaining employees who have potential because if the loss of the employee then the company's long -term plan can fail .
You are right if turnover is too frequent then it will affect the company itself, because they have to start over from scratch. I mean if the plan for the future is held by a new person then the plan will be a little different because usually employees have their own ideas which will later be channeled into their work. Indeed, it must be through permission from the company itself, but still, in my opinion, there will be a margin of 2 different ideas.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
In my country, jobs are more difficult and there are very few of them than the number of graduates each year. Each of these graduates needs a job and is even willing to stand in line for years to get a job according to their educational background.

I can also say that in my country many employees are willing to volunteer in government agencies for a very small salary. This is a huge advantage for the government or certain companies because they will think that there is nothing to be afraid of when many of their employees quit.

I never know who to blame even though in fact volunteer workers in government agencies are the most common choice of workers. The problem is that the government cannot humanize humans, I mean they only benefit from their workers but ignore more rights from their workers.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

sometimes companies are afraid to provide training because if employees have good skills then will leave and find another company, this is a mistake.

Training and more training is very good for company and that is the international standard. Company that is focus know how to take care of the workers not to leave maybe by bonus, breaks, good working condition. If you give workers that kind of benefit they will stay more time. If company is afraid that workers will leave them they can sign contract with the worker to stay with them for the period of time specify and by this agreement they will not leave till the date expire. This is how football team have the players contract also.
Activity: 882
Merit: 215
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
If the company wants to move forward then the thing that must be done is always do skills training for employees, if regular training is carried out it will produce quality employees so that it becomes the most valuable advantage and asset for the company, sometimes companies are afraid to provide training because if employees have good skills then will leave and find another company, this is a mistake.

Yes, businesses may expect employee retention, there is a much stronger force driving the success of any company namely business performance. they need the best employees so that the company's ultimate goals are achieved at the end of the year.

Hopefully, with a little extra effort and attention, companies can improve the way they work, and get their employees to live up to their philosophy. Of course it's worth taking the time to consider how you might go about it, given how much money and talent a company can lose without realizing it.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 718
Doesnt matter if they are making out active shuffling or replacing of their employees or not then its still their rights on what they should gonna do into their company.If they do look for it to be relevant or useful then
they would be surely be doing that even it would really be getting those bad feedbacks or negative impressions by others but if it turns out to make productivity to be effective then they would really be sticking into that.They are the one who do run the company then there's no choice but to deal up with their system. So as an employee then you dont have any choice but to deal with it.
Its sad if you've been thinking about long term relationship but it cant be possible for this kind of company set-up.
Basically, not all employees have good performance in the long term, therefore it is necessary to select according to needs. The company has certain standards in terms of achievement as a set target, for that they recruit employees who are competent and in accordance with their knowledge, in contrast to working in a government environment which is generally less responsible for performance, while companies have greater standards and responsibilities.

However, if you are not the type of person who likes to be managed and does not want to follow the company's standard work system, then this job is not the right place for us to go.
Activity: 2226
Merit: 347
If the company is too often changing employees, the company's long -term goals will be difficult to achieve, and of course it is a tiring thing if the company is only filled with new employees, the company must dare to invest by maintaining employees who have potential because if the loss of the employee then the company's long -term plan can fail .
Not necessarily a company that changes employees frequently, is not able to achieve long-term goals, this I often see in the area where I live. One example of a financial company, they rotate employees every two years, but long-term targets such as loans are going very well.
For me, the most important thing is that management, directors or heads of fields can work together to build a more advanced company, the concept lies in these three components in my opinion.
Doesnt matter if they are making out active shuffling or replacing of their employees or not then its still their rights on what they should gonna do into their company.If they do look for it to be relevant or useful then
they would be surely be doing that even it would really be getting those bad feedbacks or negative impressions by others but if it turns out to make productivity to be effective then they would really be sticking into that.They are the one who do run the company then there's no choice but to deal up with their system. So as an employee then you dont have any choice but to deal with it.
Its sad if you've been thinking about long term relationship but it cant be possible for this kind of company set-up.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 718
Not necessarily a company that changes employees frequently, is not able to achieve long-term goals, this I often see in the area where I live. One example of a financial company, they rotate employees every two years, but long-term targets such as loans are going very well.
For me, the most important thing is that management, directors or heads of fields can work together to build a more advanced company, the concept lies in these three components in my opinion.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
It is still necessary to distinguish the business of the company. If it is a sales company, the turnover of employees is very high. If it is a technology company, the boss will definitely find a way to retain core personnel.
Now the company has developed good benefits to retain core personnel. Employees will also want to leave because they are dissatisfied with the company's system, or they are not satisfied with the salary. Some employees of small companies change a group of people every week...
Activity: 336
Merit: 41
The main reason why employees leave companies can be on lack of incentives or rather lack of growth. Some of these companies are too rigid to the extent that its workers have less time to spend with family or even time for themselves. Some work six days in a week at at least 10hours daily. Another thing that prompts some workers to seek greener pasture else might be because they are not comfortable with shifts allocated to them, lack of growth within the company like raising in ranks easily like government owned work places. It could also be due to fear, some companies scare there workers with sack and they feel threatened so when better jobs opportunities come they turn to jump on it. Some of this companies also don't have retirement plans like pensions and workers tend to look for pensionable jobs since its hard to save for some during their active working days. Irregular transfers of employees by employers can effect the switching of jobs or people seeking to be independent.

Every salary earner looks and hope towards a wonderful pensionable life after years in service and this hopes can hardly be fulfilled with private establishments, for a very few of them tend to meet up to this expectations from employees and that's why every employee with a good retirement plans in mind will definitely switch from one establishments to another in his/her best interest as these private establishments are there for their own best interest too.
In third world countries especially, the only establishments that obviously renders gratuity and pension to  employees after their years of service is done with are the government owned establishments and that's why many people scout for employment is parastatals and establishments own by government as the feel secure about their pension and gratuity benefits in their old age under government establishments as against  the private ones. Cause a private establishments is profit oriented based their capitalist drive which is not solely of a focus from government that seek to just making sure her citizens are gainfully employed, perhaps the reasons for job switch by many.
Activity: 952
Merit: 824
Livecasino.io
In my estimation, leave some permanent staff and employ remote workers who would not have access to confidential company secrets. I mean that is the direction that the world is going and like they say, if you cannot not beat them then join them. Besides, we know that some CEOs already are buying the idea of remote or hybrid work. I think the biggest thing that employees need now is freedom and because there are already more than one option, they leave. CEOs should incorporate both remote and hybrid work. It would help.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 101
If the company wants to move forward then the thing that must be done is always do skills training for employees, if regular training is carried out it will produce quality employees so that it becomes the most valuable advantage and asset for the company, sometimes companies are afraid to provide training because if employees have good skills then will leave and find another company, this is a mistake.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1101
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

Personally, I think the reason for the high-turnover rate of some companies is due to the management not adapting to the "new normal" which COVID introduced. When the pandemic hit, this was a realization to most employees that they could actually function and work better while not physically attending on their desk and office jobs. Some companies, despite this realization, still chose to prefer the conventional way of operating their jobs which ultimately led to people quitting.

But if there is one thing that I have noticed with this generation, it is that most GenZ and millenials somehow job hop from one company to another, looking for the place which offers the highest profit. While this kind of strategy works most of the time, this damages their reputation in the long-term.

indeed! during this pandemic crisis, many employers as well as employees found out that remote working is also a productive one. while attending to their jobs, they can also balance their personal life by working at the comfort of their homes. some do adopt this working set-up if their work don't necessitate them to be physically present at their office.
i guess, companies should accept the fact that long-term employee retention is already a thing in the past. as we are in this digital age, most individuals just hop from one job to another, looking for greener pastures.
Pages:
Jump to: