Pages:
Author

Topic: Is miningunited.com a SCAM, turning .1 bitcoins into .137 for almost free? - page 3. (Read 28717 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Jack of oh so many trades.
Am I experiencing deja vu: https://hashrack.com/ ?

That looks a little different....

Their website is missing a lot of info, but it looks more like a mining contract. You send them bitcoin that they use to purchase mining hardware and then you get a % of the bitcoins that hardware mines. It appears to take almost a month to get any return on your investment.

It's not inconceivable--if they use your BTC to pay for 100% of the hardware, and if their fee (3% of the earnings) is enough to pay for electricity, then they are losing nothing on the deal. Doesn't necessarily scream scam to me. (They must have really cheap electricity, though!)
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Scam. People think about it, why would they take a LOSS? when they could keep their Bitcoins
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 4711
**In BTC since 2013**
I think to be able to do some denounces had to know who he is. Anyone know?
www.coincloud.tk :)
Who/Where/Huh? - "we've" got the guy then?
.. Anyone live close?

legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
You can do what we did with Trendon Shavers, TFB(tm).  Report him to the SEC, FBI, and every other TLA you can think of.  But the TLA that has the best chance of doing anything is the IRS.  They will gladly go after him for not reporting an extra $75K in income.

To do this you guys will need to figure out exactly who he is first.  If you can do that then reporting him to the IRS is pretty simple.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
Sadly, reporting this to the FBI is pointless. They don't even look at scams under $10 million USD, yet alone scams that existed purely in bitcoin. Hell, we know exactly who Pirate@40 (a.k.a. Trendon Shavers) is, and yet he's out free and living it up. I wish you guys the best of luck with this, but don't convince yourself that justice will be served.
Activity: 70
http://www.freebitcointips.co.uk/
 (Read 8200 times) :/

Andy B
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
Keep it real
Here's what it comes down to. I was warning people the whole time. Of course I bitched that this was scam.

It comes down to, did anyone read your posts or blindfaiths and increase their confidence to invest by even 1%? If so, you are an accessory to the scam.

Don't be retarded
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
I only found this forum after the damage was done, so I definitely did not promote MU here (or anywhere)--it all went up in smoke way to quickly.  In fact, I wish I'd found this thread before, but you know what they say, if wishes were horses...

The only way to make sure the BTC we lost was not wasted is to learn all we can from the experience, and I hope I have.

But yes, I understand the frustration of feeling as if your warnings are falling on deaf ears and that if only people would listen they wouldn't get hurt.
legendary
I may have been harsh. Sorry. I am just upset that the extra little support some people gave mu have may have made more people lose money. Be conscious of that next time.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
I don't see that someone who honestly didn't believe MU was a scam and said so was an accessory to the scam.  No one ever has 100% of all the information, and clearly, we've all been on a learning curve about this...  Except of course for Bitpop who knew it all along.

LOL about sending donations to the less fortunate--if you accidentally got an extra refund.  I too would be happy to help you spend it :-)
legendary
It's time to go through the stages of grief and move on.
www.coincloud.tk :)
This thread's becoming the last person who posted, apparently "did it"..

Myself & Blade only posted our experiences at the time of happening.. obviously we're no longer backing up as things all went tits up!

----------------

Anywaaaaaaaaaaay,
Yeah.. If my 'research' is right this guy's atleast sucked 600+ BTC from the community.

BTC600 = Roughly £48,260 / $73,380 just now..

He's also been online everyday since on his M.U forum account(s) but hasn't posted via M.U account since 14.5.13,
Cute he's kinda spying on us.. hot topic!

But yeah.. If what I've discovered so far is all true, can we hurry up and bring this guy down?

kthnxbi.
xo

update: I'm pretty sure I'm like 2 steps behind the guy in transactions I've been following. Wink
I'll watch what happens in the next day or so on the addresses... then follow them Tongue
legendary
Here's what it comes down to. I was warning people the whole time. Of course I bitched that this was scam.

It comes down to, did anyone read your posts or blindfaiths and increase their confidence to invest by even 1%? If so, you are an accessory to the scam.
Activity: 91
Blueblade needs a scammer tag.

Seriously Bitpop? You need to GTFO. I've brought honest, fact based information to this thread, and all you've done is b*tch, whine, complain, and accuse people the whole time! I've been nothing but honest, putting out well thought out posts and attempting to lay out facts, discrepancies, and showing people respect throughout the whole time I've been on this forum. Let's go over some of YOUR recent posts..

Quote from: bitpop
But then again blind faith was also a strong supporter
Turd
Aren't you a scammer?
I know some of you are at a loss without being scammed so I invite you to join me here:
http://merlinsmagicbitcoins.com/merchant/
You'll give it to him on his next site ;-)

Might be time you proved you're not some mindless idiot pecking away accusations, and generally just being a little prick.
legendary

Activity: 91
...the only other possible payments you could have made to MiningUnited were the 2 for 0.05 BTC to address 1Q8wC2Z2CkqMB6h9LwXVnKpnsWv9G3DiX8.

Agreed, These payments were sent to the Premium wallet address. When I became a premium member, I received an email with 3 new addresses for the different mining packages. So I sent 2 payments of 0.05 to 1Q8wC2Z2CkqMB6h9LwXVnKpnsWv9G3DiX8.

The next orders are 3114 and 3135. If we check the address of order 3134, which is 1NZkyjA8qhsxAPRegZCNCJYrUkJHYenHfe, then there should be a 0.05 payment to 1Q8wC2Z2CkqMB6h9LwXVnKpnsWv9G3DiX8 just before your last one at 2013-05-12 13:51:15. There was no such payment.

I have no idea where you're going with this one. If you are saying my order numbers were 3114 and 3135, then I'll believe you. I don't remember off the top of my head. I don't know what you're trying to say about the 3134... I'm not following you. Would you mind trying to Reexplain?
Even if there was such a payment, that would mean that you had 0.4 BTC in orders not yet paid out. So, why would you get 1 BTC?

No idea why I got a full bitcoin. Didn't ask for 1 full bitcoin, didn't tell him I had more than the 0.4 bitcoins in the order Que, So I don't know why. I won't complain about it though. I got more then I was owed. Go me.

The facts speak for themselves.

Agreed. I think between the two of us, we laid out the complete facts. I used the service. I received payments from Mining United for mining packages I purchased in April and earlier in the month of May. I did not receive payments for 4 mining packages I purchased before they shut down. I received a 1 BTC emergency refund, which over half wasn't owed to me. 
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
The individual registered MiningUnited with domainsbyproxy.com, which is private to the public but not to DomainsByProxy. There are so many digital trails left by this fool, you could easily track him/her down if it's worth your time. I lost a little under 4 BTC (1.5 of which was returned through MU) and completely invested knowing I was gambling that BTC; it was my best option at mining free BTC and I took the risk... and lost. I filed through ic3.gov and have done my own research to track the individual. If the FBI were to actually get on this case, which could happen if enough people file at ic3.gov, they could catch them in a day of work, easily.

Completely agree! I'm also of the belief that someone will track him/her or them down. So whether they were playing SatoshiDice50% to help refund users, get rid of the evidence, or to line more of their pockets, at this point it really doesn't matter. I'm a firm believer in KARMA!
Pages:
Jump to: