Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Paypal a scam? - page 52. (Read 50555 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
September 28, 2016, 01:01:44 PM
I would also recommend that you stay away from Paypal like all the other people on that website is saying. Paypal freezes your funds for 180 days for unknown reasons. You could always exchange your Paypal funds into Bitcoin funds in the Currency exchange board. So, if you don't want somebody disputing their payments to you, or getting your account frozen for 6 months, then go ahead and convert all your Paypal funds into Bitcoin.
And I have never had a problem with Paypal. I trust them more than a Bitcoin. How many years in the market Paypal and how much is Bitcoin?

Paypal and eBay worked together to make sure that no one got shafted on either end and I even sold a few things back then and Paypal ate the charges on one sale so that both the buyer and myself were happy.
Paypal is good for buying stuffs or services online because they have a buyers protection but paypal is not so easy to use unlike bitcoin but i dont here that paypal is scam. unless if you deal to someone to sell bitcoins and payment is paypal funds anytime they can reverse the payment.
Activity: 938
Merit: 503
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
September 28, 2016, 12:58:17 PM
I would also recommend that you stay away from Paypal like all the other people on that website is saying. Paypal freezes your funds for 180 days for unknown reasons. You could always exchange your Paypal funds into Bitcoin funds in the Currency exchange board. So, if you don't want somebody disputing their payments to you, or getting your account frozen for 6 months, then go ahead and convert all your Paypal funds into Bitcoin.
And I have never had a problem with Paypal. I trust them more than a Bitcoin. How many years in the market Paypal and how much is Bitcoin?

Paypal and eBay worked together to make sure that no one got shafted on either end and I even sold a few things back then and Paypal ate the charges on one sale so that both the buyer and myself were happy.
Activity: 258
Merit: 250
September 28, 2016, 12:33:28 PM
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
September 28, 2016, 11:57:01 AM
The one drawback to Paypal is that a buyer can argue with a sale later.  A seller has to know what they are doing to not lose that money. Many people just sit back and lose the cash, while a good Paypal person, knowing the system can argue back and usually win.  If you send money with Paypal, document the reason and the same is more true for receiving funds.  Take a picture of something that you sell and take a picture of shipping items too.
Activity: 266
September 26, 2016, 12:56:09 AM
I suspect the chargeback norms differs from country to country, state to state. Theres no uniform regulation regarding bitcoin sales, are my assumptions correct?
Activity: 476
September 25, 2016, 05:53:37 PM
I don't think that the service itself is a scam, but I do think that there are some paypal users that are scammers. I do still use paypal though since it is widely used, I just don't like the fees and the fact that my account could potentially get limited -_-.
paypal yeah not that be a scam, but many people are using paypal bug to take money from customer accounts from paypal. or can be called carding paypal, so you have to be careful with the crime
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
September 25, 2016, 05:17:00 PM
I don't think that the service itself is a scam, but I do think that there are some paypal users that are scammers. I do still use paypal though since it is widely used, I just don't like the fees and the fact that my account could potentially get limited -_-.
Activity: 434
September 25, 2016, 08:37:26 AM
Yes unfortunately Paypal is very strict and in certain situations will freeze an account to "protect the customer".
It can be inconvenient but its better than having your money or identity stolen.
Dealing with big companies can be a pain because you are basically at their mercy if you want to use their service.
But they provide a service with such universal access you may not have a choice, unfortunately.
You probably can't beat them so you might not have a choice but to join them.
Activity: 526
September 25, 2016, 08:30:00 AM
I used paypal for a long time before knew bitcoin and it was never occurred any problem, i recently juts using it to bought something and it was prefect, i think there is a reason why paypal is blocking somebody account, its impossible a big and trusted company just go blindly and froze everyone's account
yeah there's always reason but sometimes the reason just make no sense,they're limiting an account because of making a transaction and etc which is quite silly and strictful,you'll felt really unpleased and unsatisfied when you're using their service though even they're doing this for the sake of security,there's still some people getting hacked

I think PayPal are being unfair to people and they don't contact proper investigations before freezing an account. Imagine a case where you are selling an item online and the buyer is paying you using PayPal. You will not know whether the person is hacking someone's else account or not. He will send you the money but PayPal will go ahead and freeze your account also just because you received money from a hacked account.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
September 25, 2016, 04:34:25 AM
In my opinion, if it is online then it can have a higher percentage to be a scam. Most of us dont monitor it or they could tell lies which you would not know it is a lie for you dont see their faces when they talk. I can create a lot of stories here and you would not even know if I am telling the truth.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
September 25, 2016, 03:30:58 AM
I have never heard something like that about PayPal. I use that service for my buyings on eBay and I was always satisfied by it's work. Never had any problem with payment and returning money in the case of bad goods' quality.
But yes, ut is true I have some kind of fear of the service's protection, there are many hackers in this world and I think noone can protect their service on the net with 199% guarantee. So cause of that i don't hold money there, just use it for some transactions and it happents even not so often.
Activity: 266
September 25, 2016, 03:19:15 AM
If you get an account frozen by paypal, is there any way to get it back by visiting their office? Is there any resource for a forced-closed Paypal account?
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
September 25, 2016, 03:00:55 AM
Paypal is legit company, but personally i don't prefer to use it , it's freezing accounts without reasons mostly and it have many restrictions and limits. Bitcoin is a lot better than Paypal, in my opinion

Yes it is legit, and follow the strict implementation of the laws. Beside from that, it has a very high transaction fees. Its not convenient for me compared to bitcoin that its fast,reliable and cheaper.
Activity: 420
September 25, 2016, 01:29:45 AM
I think paypal is not a scam, it just a bit complicated to use paypal, not like bitcoin that it's super easy to use bitcoin, not rules and no verification on the bitcoin wallet.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
September 24, 2016, 10:46:43 PM
A scam?  No.  That's much different than having some shady business practices,  which they do.  They're regulated by the government,  so they're nowhere near as scammy as most bitcoin business 'opportunities'.  And I've found paypal to have its uses.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Stronger
September 24, 2016, 10:43:08 PM
 Wink Wink Wink

Paypal is not a scam... As you can see they are preferred company that so many sites recommended to use.
Paypal uses a fast transaction compare to other and where you can put trust.
Maybe the problem that you encountered was because you put wrong info of yours so when the time you had transaction there were an error..
Activity: 393
Merit: 297
September 24, 2016, 08:41:46 PM
Paypal isn't scam of course, they are big and legal company, and they have good reputation. But personally i prefer always dealing with Bitcoin instead Paypal, whenever its possible

Only those people who have not lost money or not really using paypal will say it isn't scam. They steal customers money with hidden fees and if you're not lucky they will lock and limit your account for whatever reason.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
September 24, 2016, 08:02:51 PM
Paypal isn't scam of course, they are big and legal company, and they have good reputation. But personally i prefer always dealing with Bitcoin instead Paypal, whenever its possible
Activity: 798
Merit: 505
September 24, 2016, 07:55:50 PM
I have had an issue with Paypal and while I was trying to look for a solution on the internet, I came across this website (https://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/paypal_02.html) where everybody is complaining about Paypal. Most of the complains were actually similar to the one that I have. I thought Paypal is a credible company but now I have started feeling worried about my funds stuck in the accounts.
paypal is a legit company that has been around for many many years. they do limit accounts alot but ive never seen a case where they have proved of fraud. imo paypal is a completely legit company that just handles things a bit wrong.
thats true, it helps people a lot and it is definitely not just a scam, i use it too really often and i think its great

I agree. We cant say that paypal is a scam because of that ! I believe that it is an error in their system or something unlucky something went wrong. But the paypal devs or supports will assist you to solve the problem. They are really big and they are not scamming users.
Activity: 448
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 24, 2016, 07:49:28 PM
I have had an issue with Paypal and while I was trying to look for a solution on the internet, I came across this website (https://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/paypal_02.html) where everybody is complaining about Paypal. Most of the complains were actually similar to the one that I have. I thought Paypal is a credible company but now I have started feeling worried about my funds stuck in the accounts.
paypal is a legit company that has been around for many many years. they do limit accounts alot but ive never seen a case where they have proved of fraud. imo paypal is a completely legit company that just handles things a bit wrong.
thats true, it helps people a lot and it is definitely not just a scam, i use it too really often and i think its great
Pages:
Jump to: