Pages:
Author

Topic: Is regulation good or bad? - page 68. (Read 30843 times)

copper member
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
September 21, 2018, 12:10:19 AM
Regulation is not bad, through regulation some sanities will be brought to the industry because many will be cautious of the consequences of their actions and inactions.
Activity: 210
September 21, 2018, 12:08:00 AM
Depending on how this is done. I am sure the impact will be more positive. because it is with the regulation then we ought to be more and more supporters.
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
fLibero.financial
September 21, 2018, 12:01:54 AM
I have mixed feelings about regulation of cryptocurrency, I think regulation is what majority of cryptocurrency stakeholder and participants are trying to run away from. Regulation is not compatible with decentralization. ICO however could be regulated because of scam.
copper member
September 20, 2018, 11:48:43 PM
Though there is no human system that is 100% perfect but to me regulation will do more good than bad to the industry.
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract
September 20, 2018, 11:41:09 PM
It is not so much whether regulation is good or bad but that the lack of clarity on what the rules are that is creating uncertainty and keeping institutional money largely on the sidelines. I think some regulation is going to be inevitable I would just like those that are tasked with doing it to get on with the job so people can invest with at least the confidence that their investment will not disappear from some rules violation.
Activity: 146
Merit: 2
September 20, 2018, 11:37:07 PM
if indeed the regulations made are so bad for us, we don't need to follow them. walk as you wish.
if it's good, live according to your wishes
Activity: 373
Merit: 11
CryptoRex
September 20, 2018, 11:32:54 PM
A lot of people in cryptos are very critical of government regulations; myself as well, to some degree. However, unless there is regulation it will be difficult for institutional money to enter. So we really need to have an open mind about government regulation of the space.
copper member
Activity: 126
September 20, 2018, 11:27:03 PM
I think regulation will be in our interest if the essence of decentralization is still in place. Some benefits of regulations are public acceptance of the industry, investors sense of security, decrease in scam projects and reduction of manipulations .
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
September 20, 2018, 11:17:14 PM
Regulation of cryptomarket - it's rather good than bad. There will be less deception and various scams. To this all goes.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
September 20, 2018, 11:01:25 PM
This is necessary if we want the projects to develop. The market will change. Perhaps even for the better. If it will include new volumes to manipulate it will be more difficult
Activity: 126
September 20, 2018, 10:56:55 PM
If we can’t prevent illegal activities involving cash/fiat, what more in the digital realm where people are anonymous? This is the reason why I’m kinda in favor of some government control. Take note: only some. Maybe with some form of regulation, we can have better protection of users as well as policies that would intimidate those with ill intentions. What do you think?
Activity: 568
Merit: 254
September 20, 2018, 05:41:05 AM
In my view, regulation will be good for Crypto industry. As we can now see  that many Govt are looking for ways to regulate the industry.

Regulation will be a good thing in the long run. It will build trust for the industry among the masses thereby resulting in mass adoption. With regulation, people will feel more comfortable and have a sense of security to invest in crypto.

I don't believe that regulation means we have to declare our portfolio. Just as nobody cares to know exactly how much you own in the bank.

Regulation will also help in curbing the possibility of using crypto to launder money and place a check and balance in ICO which will make it very difficult for scam ICOs to operate.

I say regulation will in the end be a good thing for crypto..

What's your view about it?
The good effect of having a regulation is to eliminate scam ICO and shitcoin in coinmarketcap. I also agree that investors will have a confidence to invest in cryptocurrency once regulation is implemented. I don't agree in declaring all your portfolio because it is a threat in your family and your  security once you portfolio accidentally broadcast in public.
Activity: 714
Merit: 101
September 20, 2018, 04:58:32 AM
Market regulation Crypto-currency would be useful for the price of coins. The manipulation would stop and we would finally see the long-awaited growth of the market.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
September 20, 2018, 03:07:33 AM
And this regulation kills the whole essence of the crypto currency and it is intended for the masses and for the government. From the protection of investors this is certainly good, but if you do not understand this area, turn to a professional and you will not be deceived.
Activity: 302
Merit: 100
September 20, 2018, 02:36:48 AM
Only for ICO. The rest of the crypto currency controllers are not needed yet. Adequate regulatory acts have not yet been created.
Activity: 277
September 20, 2018, 02:31:38 AM
Sorry, but i don`t think that because one of the things i love the most from crypto is the fact that it isn`t regulated! I think that i`m not the only one!
Activity: 272
"simply getting the job done"
September 20, 2018, 02:27:52 AM
In my view, regulation will be good for Crypto industry. As we can now see  that many Govt are looking for ways to regulate the industry.

Regulation will be a good thing in the long run. It will build trust for the industry among the masses thereby resulting in mass adoption. With regulation, people will feel more comfortable and have a sense of security to invest in crypto.

I don't believe that regulation means we have to declare our portfolio. Just as nobody cares to know exactly how much you own in the bank.

Regulation will also help in curbing the possibility of using crypto to launder money and place a check and balance in ICO which will make it very difficult for scam ICOs to operate.

I say regulation will in the end be a good thing for crypto..

What's your view about it?

Personally, I wouldn't wanna agree less that regulations in crypto will go a very long way in helping our course. If some regulations should come in place now; I.e ICO, believe me, people will feel very much secure to invest without having to bother with ending up in scam or crappy project. Regulations will also go a long way in giving credibility to this innovation. In short, opening more grounds, regions for mass adoption as earlier stated.
Activity: 714
Merit: 611
September 19, 2018, 04:41:05 PM

On the one hand one could say that regulations means less freedom....
But on the other no regulations connected with high level of anonimity pushes cryptocurrency to the DARK SIDE - just into hands of cryptocriminals...

This is great article relevant to this topic: https://cointelegraph.com/news/it-analyst-jason-bloomberg-what-im-really-saying-is-shut-down-permissionless-blockchains

After reading it I became a strong fan of adding some regulations to the crypto world...

Activity: 339
September 19, 2018, 04:33:33 PM
I think it's rather good than bad. This will give a solid status to this industry, many large investors will come, crypto-currencies will be more actively introduced as a means of payment.
copper member
September 19, 2018, 04:25:09 PM
Regulation is not bad, it is good and it will surely protect our interests in the industry. With regulation, masses and institutional investors will have more trust in crypto and this will bring more money to the industry.
Pages:
Jump to: