Pages:
Author

Topic: Is regulation good or bad? - page 63. (Read 30843 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 13
December 14, 2018, 05:17:21 PM
Regulation for crypto currency to some extent is good, because it will prevent dump and pump tokens
it will reduce fraudulent activities on the crypto space,
it will enhance that good and meaningful icos are conducted, stos are already coming up to replace that.

Its just a small regulation and cleansing needed. Its not that bad.
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
December 14, 2018, 04:55:41 PM
Regulating the cryptocurrency market will have a good impact on the cryptocurrency market itself, but for many people who are trying to trade and even possibly just participate in bounty companies and invest in ICO, market regulation can close access.
Activity: 707
Merit: 1
December 14, 2018, 04:27:27 PM
Regulation is what we need now to reduce the rate of scam projects. Most developers don't even know what they are doing, they just want to launch ICO and scam investors. But with regulation it will reduce while this space will grow.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
December 14, 2018, 03:58:35 PM
I think regulation is bad. I do not like the fact that cryptocurrency loses anonymity. It seems to me that this is contrary to the principles of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
December 14, 2018, 03:55:04 PM
My view is that regulations must be. It is neccessary to avoid scam projects. But on the other side paying taxes is awful. In my county crypto is not legal or illegal. So we can do everything right now.
Activity: 837
December 14, 2018, 03:51:48 PM
Yes I agree with you. When one take a look at the crypto space today, you will see many scam project. So I think with proper regulation, scams will be reduced and the crypto space will exceed expectations.
Activity: 140
December 14, 2018, 03:47:40 PM
In my view, regulation will be good for Crypto industry. As we can now see  that many Govt are looking for ways to regulate the industry.

Regulation will be a good thing in the long run. It will build trust for the industry among the masses thereby resulting in mass adoption. With regulation, people will feel more comfortable and have a sense of security to invest in crypto.

I don't believe that regulation means we have to declare our portfolio. Just as nobody cares to know exactly how much you own in the bank.

Regulation will also help in curbing the possibility of using crypto to launder money and place a check and balance in ICO which will make it very difficult for scam ICOs to operate.

I say regulation will in the end be a good thing for crypto..

What's your view about it?
oh that's a topic that needs a lot of thinkng and consideration. can we be sure that what we see as a good thing the government will see in the same perspective? there was so much broken promises, so it's not easy to trust them
Activity: 459
December 13, 2018, 03:08:24 AM
Proponents of cryptocurrencies have opposed regulation in the past, but now cryptocurrency regulation can develop better in the economy, and many people are beginning to support regulation. In fact, ICO regulation is beneficial to the cryptocurrency market.
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
December 13, 2018, 12:44:57 AM
Regulation will be of help in crypto. at least it will be able to provide regularity on crypto to become better organized. of the many bad cases of the crypto it also of course because it is not yet a clear regulation to regulate it so impressed walking without definite rules. Although this could be great, but if applied regulation could make it bigger.
Activity: 303
December 13, 2018, 12:38:22 AM
In my view, regulation will be good for Crypto industry. As we can now see  that many Govt are looking for ways to regulate the industry.

Regulation will be a good thing in the long run. It will build trust for the industry among the masses thereby resulting in mass adoption. With regulation, people will feel more comfortable and have a sense of security to invest in crypto.

I don't believe that regulation means we have to declare our portfolio. Just as nobody cares to know exactly how much you own in the bank.

Regulation will also help in curbing the possibility of using crypto to launder money and place a check and balance in ICO which will make it very difficult for scam ICOs to operate.

I say regulation will in the end be a good thing for crypto..

What's your view about it?
I also think like that, regulations will bring a trust and trust that will bring new investors to join in, and this will make crypto grow faster
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
December 13, 2018, 12:29:35 AM
Many frauds that occur make many people nervous about this. If this regulation is implemented so that the government is involved in regulating it certainly can reduce fraud. But with the government participating in making rules for crypto this can have positive and negative impacts.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
Until the end of time
December 12, 2018, 07:59:05 PM
Well I think the regulation has hurt the space and done more harm than good, the crypto space should be a decentralized space where privacy is maintain while keeping everything open, but regulation has forced the space to be more centralized, demanding KYC and stuffs like that.
Activity: 154
December 12, 2018, 07:55:40 PM
Of course, this is a very good idea as we will be able to see a much smaller number of fraudulent projects.
copper member
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
December 12, 2018, 07:50:15 PM
Regulations will be helpful for the citizens of the country where he lives but it will no longer effect on crypto. As most of the coins are decentralized, govt has no control over the crypto, don't get taxes from crypto, they think it is illegal and leads to money laundering. Honestly speaking, regulation will be effective when its patter will changed from decentralized to centralized but it is impossible.
Activity: 602
Merit: 107
September 29, 2018, 04:28:17 PM
Regulation is required for mainstream and is a good thing. There're too many scams going on right now.
Activity: 217
Merit: 101
September 29, 2018, 04:26:42 PM
If the crypto is free of scam, then regulations is not needed but with so many people who are victim of these scammers and using crypto to make money from people, then we need regulations to step in . It will not be the best solution but somehow it could lessen the problem.

Regulation is needed, this way it will call a white money, it will come under taxes and crypto community needed to pay the taxes as well, it will help the countries honestly.
Activity: 364
jarvis.exchange
September 29, 2018, 04:12:32 PM
If the crypto is free of scam, then regulations is not needed but with so many people who are victim of these scammers and using crypto to make money from people, then we need regulations to step in . It will not be the best solution but somehow it could lessen the problem.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
September 25, 2018, 10:24:29 PM
I assume it will be good but as always every coin has two sides. Scams are rampant these days so some regulation will help curb it better.

People find security in regulated things, so may help in crypto mass adoption as well.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 103
September 25, 2018, 10:18:05 PM
Regulation is always good because we can able to see some projects authorized by the government which will help us to find the potential project. In this way, we can easily keep track of the companies for further development after the crowd sale.
Activity: 476
Merit: 41
September 25, 2018, 10:09:23 PM
I agree with you.  Regulation is what will make crypto viable in the long run.
I suppose we would like to see these crazy pumps where you can get 100% plus profit, but that's unstable and unreliable.
The best thing is steady long term growth.

Also, I believe the #1 thing holding back crypto right now is that institutional money is hesitant to jump in.
These are the VCs, hedge funds, and brokerage groups that have yet to fully jump into the crypto game.
The main reason is because crypto is so risky.
With regulation, this will allow for these types of investors to start investing and picking up the volume.
Then, we will finally see the market mature and grow in a stable way.
until then, crypto is still the wild wild west.
Pages:
Jump to: