Pages:
Author

Topic: Is school really a scam? - page 3. (Read 344 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 560
January 08, 2024, 06:57:03 AM
School is not really a scam but like my mom always say “go to school and hold your papers”. You may finish school but find it hard to see a benefiting work to do. You may still finish school and see work to do.

School is not a scam, but you can scam yourself if you're attending one and never have a reason for doing so, there are many educated fellows in the society that couldn't afford the understand the difference between going to school and making an achievement in life because they are too focused on one side thinking and couldn't readjust to the normal way of life by attending to situations the way they appears, we cannot hold anyone responsible for any of our failures, we are being educated in other to help us have a deep understanding of how to address situations in life in a more professional manner, that doesn't mean we should limit ourselves to how far we can go, some couldn't afford going to school. It yet they are performing better than those who went to school.
Activity: 378
Merit: 259
January 08, 2024, 04:50:23 AM
Here in Nigeria, we normally use this term “las las school na scam”. Now the question is (is school really a scam)
Many people in Nigeria after spending six years in junior and senior secondary and four to six years In the university we end not doing what we studied in school. I’ve come across a master degree holder pushing wheelbarrow in the market just to survive.

School is not really a scam but like my mom always say “go to school and hold your papers”. You may finish school but find it hard to see a benefiting work to do. You may still finish school and see work to do.

Above all governments should should job opportunities for people to work that way Nigeria can or may be a great Nation

As you mentioned, you saw a degree holder pushing a wheelbarrow, which is really surprising to hear. I know that many graduated students are unemployed and that, given the economic situation of the country, they are still in search for work in order to survive, but they have not yet found anyone. Many youths in Nigeria have been deceived by the statement "Las Las School Na Scam." We cannot judge ourselves just on the experiences of others who have graduated and are unemployed, thinking that our situation will be the same. Our faith is also different, and we cannot rely on the government because even with the certificate you still need to know someone before having a job, school is very important in case we come across a free opportunity and you don't have any papers. If you have the paper, you won't let it pass you by.

Many of my friends are regretting their actions, they always think that education is a scam, they would rather spend their money on something else than on education, they will even look up examples where many people have certificates without no job, all I know is their life. Now, what they are doing is regretting their decision from that past, they wish they had gone to school when they have the chance, it is already too late because, as we age, our brains change and Nigerian is not by secondarian again. For this reason, we must obtain the paper in case the opportunity comes.
Activity: 364
Merit: 154
January 08, 2024, 04:12:21 AM
School can be used for scamming but the knowledge impacted ain't scam. Where most people get it all wrong is thinking that one's they are done with schooling job be chasing after them and  that going to school guarantee them to become rich which is wrong. The education is not something that meant to give money but to lead you to the right part and can serve as a gateway to success, when use well. Like for instance most people didn't go to school they Living fine because of the good opportunities they have right but for them to rank up is not easy if it was  an educated person got that opportunity you will see the way he or she will progress well because he use his knowledge as a guide. Going to school or not going to school all that really matters is the opportunity that comes your way.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
January 08, 2024, 02:44:16 AM
School is not scam. But we should not depend on government to provide job for us. We should try all possible means to look for ways to earn money.

I’ve come across a master degree holder pushing wheelbarrow in the market just to survive.
I do not believe this. There are better jobs that a master degree holder will see immediately in Nigeria. Although, it will be underemployed, but far better than pushing wheelbarrow that uneducated people are the one doing.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
January 07, 2024, 07:26:51 PM
Here in Nigeria, we normally use this term “las las school na scam”. Now the question is (is school really a scam)
Many people in Nigeria after spending six years in junior and senior secondary and four to six years In the university we end not doing what we studied in school. I’ve come across a master degree holder pushing wheelbarrow in the market just to survive.

Above all governments should should job opportunities for people to work that way Nigeria can or may be a great Nation
Pages:
Jump to: