Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Shorting profitable??? - page 2. (Read 4247 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 100
June 13, 2017, 02:28:15 PM
If you do it right, yes it is profitable.
But only do it if you are sure about your prediction. It is very stressful too.
Everyone can predict anything, but there can be no certainty about it. You need to listen more to the forecasts of experts, they are to what ordinary Bitcoin users think. Hotch often people can predict further development or other situations in the sphere of crypto currency.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
June 13, 2017, 02:22:12 PM
If you do it right, yes it is profitable.
But only do it if you are sure about your prediction. It is very stressful too.
Activity: 210
June 13, 2017, 01:29:33 PM
You should be careful, margin trading is risky and not for all investors, leveraging is a double-edged sword, amplifying losses and gains to the same degree. I honestly don't see its benefits.

Good day traders look for small market moves and cut their losses early, which minimizes the risk of using other people’s money. But it is easier said than done, once your emotions take over, bye bye bank.

Activity: 149
June 13, 2017, 01:17:37 PM
Shorting is risky just as it is to go long on a margin trade except as the market generally goes up shorting presents much more risks than ordinary margin buys. It can potentially be very profitable if you know what you are doing but to demonstrate the risk I remember there was a guy on reddit who posted his experiences with shorting. He has earned over a million over the last years out of very little and lost nearly all of it on one bad short which he kept trying to prop up with new funds as the market went the opposite direction.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
June 13, 2017, 01:14:55 PM
I advice you not to do this, even more if you're not a lucky type of person. Simply because this type of trading is just risky as fck. Again, RISKY! so you should just avoid it, coz you'd just probably lose morethan what you can gain, many experienced traders have already gone broke because of this type of trading. So just stay away from it to prevent yourself from being added up to the long list of people who has gone broke because of this type of trading.
Goodluck in whatever you choose. This is just an advice.
Activity: 602
Merit: 265
June 13, 2017, 01:08:14 PM
What is shorting ? How does it work ?

No one wants to believe that the value of bitcoins/alts can go down as well as up. But they do go down a lot. Simply by shorting, you can take advantage of the downward movement in the stock market. This strategy allows you to be profitable in other situations as well, not just when prices go down. However it is very risky and you need balls of steel to be successful especially when prices move against you.
legendary
Activity: 954
Merit: 1000
June 13, 2017, 03:01:09 AM
Not for bitcoin. I have been looking for a shorting website, but found that the interest is way too much. It is around 0.2-1%  per day for bitcoin, which means that if you short 1 btc and it doesn't drop in 100 days, then you lose all your money.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 356
June 13, 2017, 02:53:52 AM
shorting is very risky , increases stress thats why I left margin trading
Your're right friend. I don't like margin trading because its very risky. If you really don't know how to earn exactly on it so start move on now or you will lose your currency because margin trading is for professional trader only. I only trade in an exchange because I know I can earn multiple profits in a right time.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228
June 13, 2017, 02:31:28 AM
it is very much profitable, but in this market may be hard to execute. You gotta be smart, and you gotta know what you are doing. GL
that's the hard thing to do, knowing when to place the entry i guess experience will be the good teacher for every traders, shorting is like gambling with the future of the current project, if you missed you risk your money if you got in correctly you will get good profits.

But holding for more is the more riskier we got since we doesn't know if the coin we hodl will pump hard if times goes by unto it but If we choose wisely those potential coins who's top on marketcap im so sure that doing some short trades on them are so good since they have potential to cameback after some red stats happen on them.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
June 13, 2017, 02:24:25 AM
it is very much profitable, but in this market may be hard to execute. You gotta be smart, and you gotta know what you are doing. GL
that's the hard thing to do, knowing when to place the entry i guess experience will be the good teacher for every traders, shorting is like gambling with the future of the current project, if you missed you risk your money if you got in correctly you will get good profits.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
June 13, 2017, 02:13:11 AM
Shorting is profitable if you select those coins who got big potential to rise up nor have a movy movements, And if you can monitor and spot those well surely you might gonna earn more money from it time to time and the perfect example of coins that best for shorting is bitcoins since the movements of it is pretty much doing upwards and backwards as we can see.
Activity: 518
Merit: 252
June 13, 2017, 01:54:57 AM
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
June 12, 2017, 09:04:51 PM
god knows how much was made shorting in 2014 and 2015. the problem is that people who get too used to an idea stick with it even when it's clear the market is now acting differently. i'm sure a pile of shorting profits were thrown away making the wrong bets when it went upwards.
Activity: 217
June 12, 2017, 07:21:23 PM
When you catch the dumping wave in the right time, makine short positions would bring you tons of money. This seems easy but it's not. Remember.
Activity: 910
Merit: 251
June 12, 2017, 06:36:52 PM
shorting is very risky , increases stress thats why I left margin trading
It cannot be deny that shorting is really a profitable things in terms of doing trade in the market.
But of course only in a short term unlike in a long a Long term though it is more safest thing than short term.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
June 07, 2017, 03:02:30 AM
Absence of efficient derived instruments (lend and short, options, futures) is still the biggest drag on efficiency of crypto markets. But I guess the industry is still so young that it will take some time and also regulatory support..
Activity: 821
Merit: 501
June 06, 2017, 02:51:56 PM
Shorting profitable but there have more risk than profit.who know price of share will drop and you buy share and back it to lender.you need some research before invest in Shorting because if share price raise you will lose investment.I always lose in that way think price will drop but share price raise and now left Shorting.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
June 06, 2017, 08:57:05 AM
Of course, shorting is a risky trade to go with. I tried it couple of times when bitcoin was falling from great height and I remember, I used high leverage at that time which fetched me around 32% profits within couple of hours. If you are confirm with your research which says that now bitcoin (or alt coin) will not go above a particular level at that time you can put a short sell order and it will work if your research is deep enough.
Activity: 266
Merit: 103
June 06, 2017, 08:46:01 AM
Idk why people here see shorting as such a gamble. You can cap your risk if you are using put options or binary options. I wouldn't short Bitcoin most likely for the same reason I wouldn't go long, but bitcoin could be an amazing short opportunity if it keeps rising. Idk where you can buy Bitcoin options today but I'm sure it would be extremely inexpensive to short, thus your potential loss is very low and your potential gain is ridiculously high.
Activity: 210
June 06, 2017, 08:42:46 AM
Shorting seems like extremely dangerous but at the same time i get why some people feel drawn by it, the possibility to make lots of cash, it seems like a gambling where people even sell their families to try to make a huge profit.

You borrow a bitcoin and sell it. Then you have to buy it back, no matter the cost, when it's time to return it. If it falls in price, you can buy it back cheap, and make money.

In the real world, what can happen is that you lose everything this way, price goes up a lot, and you are left holding the bag.
Pages:
Jump to: