Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Shorting profitable??? - page 5. (Read 4247 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
March 19, 2017, 06:59:42 PM
this now shorting in trading or use margin trading is not good time
because bitcoin price after crash and down price , maybe netx time can back up trend again

i want to ask where is exchanger accepted margin trading support lending too in pair USD/bitcoin another bitfinex
Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
March 19, 2017, 05:29:18 PM
Have any of you got benefit by shorting?please share your thrilling experiences.

No i have never shorted bitcoin and that is because i have learnt from the bad experiences of others.  even the whales get caught out on this one.  in January there was a short liquidated for $10 million, which would be absolutely gutting no matter how rich you are.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1153
March 19, 2017, 05:26:06 PM
Can you please tell us what is shorting first of all as I have never heard about that word before and I think you should elaborate your topic by putting some more information about shorting as it may be new to many people and would not be aware about it.

Short selling is the sale of a security that is not owned by the seller, or that the seller has borrowed. Short selling is motivated by the belief that a security's price will decline, enabling it to be bought back at a lower price to make a profit.

Read more here

As said shorting is one way of getting profit , it is quite profitable if you got it right but will give you a huge lost if you are wrong.  There are lots of professional trader that gone broke because of this strategy.  Since we never know if the price will crash or not until it happen.
Activity: 938
March 19, 2017, 04:23:53 PM
Can you please tell us what is shorting first of all as I have never heard about that word before and I think you should elaborate your topic by putting some more information about shorting as it may be new to many people and would not be aware about it.
copper member
Activity: 1050
March 19, 2017, 04:03:01 PM
Have any of you got benefit by shorting?please share your thrilling experiences.

It is risky  because it really can make you lost a lot if your prediction is wrong.   There are lots of people who lost tons of money because they tend to short their trades.  But if you can predict it right, shorting can really give you a nice profit.  This is the reason why lots of experienced traders try to short their trades to have profit in shorter period of time.
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
March 19, 2017, 03:44:32 PM
You can only succeed in shorting trading only if you are a professional trader in margin and leverage trading. Margin trading come with it inherent risk to reward issues. You can have your entire capital wiped out as an amateur trader but the professional and skilful trader knew when to place a trade, where to get his fundamental analysis news from and using technical indicators for entries and exists plan.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
March 19, 2017, 02:43:29 PM
shorting is very risky , increases stress thats why I left margin trading

Agreed, that's why I always admire traders who do such because they have such balls of steel since it's stressful and big market movements in a short span of time can cause them big money. You need to be always on the lookout if you are a margin trader because you need to constantly make money out of those tiny ripples that you see in the market.
Activity: 756
Merit: 290
March 19, 2017, 02:24:29 PM
short pos. risky. if coin raising lending fee incremental extremly
Activity: 770
March 19, 2017, 02:10:36 PM
What is shorting ? How does it work ?
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
we are legion
March 19, 2017, 08:53:35 AM
shorting is very risky , increases stress thats why I left margin trading
Activity: 742
March 19, 2017, 08:50:58 AM
Pages:
Jump to: