Pages:
Author

Topic: Is skipping meal a bad habit? - page 3. (Read 880 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
February 07, 2021, 11:14:31 AM
I think that it depends more on habit, that is, if you adhere to the same meal schedule, then you need to follow it, but it does not have to be 5 times a day
Activity: 18
Merit: 1
February 06, 2021, 12:39:19 PM
As for me, I try to never skip my meals. Of course, sometimes I have to do this due to a number of reasons. For example, I may lack time for something like this. But in most cases, I eat five or six times a day and it completely satisfies me.
I eat mostly protein meals. But I should stress that I’m not a body-builder. I’m fond of doing pull-ups and push-ups and no more. I don’t need to gain a lot of weight due to medical reasons - I have issues with veins on my legs, but I run a lot and it greatly helps me a lot.
By the way, I can even eat an hour before going to a bed. Curds are the last thing I eat. Curds can be eaten late because it’s easily digested unlike meat. Avoid eating anything else late except for curds because I think it would be harmful.
Activity: 47
February 04, 2021, 09:15:04 AM
The habit of skipping breakfast continuously will eventually lead to weight gain. Breakfast is included in a healthy lifestyle. Enjoying a healthy breakfast can reduce the risk of heart attack. Skipping breakfast is associated with a higher risk of heart disease
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
February 04, 2021, 06:56:39 AM
I think short fasting(maybe from morning to 12 noon) is ok for certain people. You could try something called "fruit-fasting" if you are worried about the probable side effects of dry fasting. Very healthy light foods while doing short fasting is recommended. Feed on Healthy light foods such as fruits and vegetables. It's OK to drink lots of water during the fasting.

Not everyone can handle long dry fasting. Do the short one if it makes you healthy and makes you feel good.... You could gradually increase the length of the fast if the short one gives no problems.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 402
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
February 04, 2021, 06:35:10 AM
I’m a bit confused about these. My doctor will always say don’t skip a meal and he will always remind me “An apple a day keeps you from the doctor” so if skipping meal is a bad habit, why do experts and professional nutritionist  say intermittent fasting is healthy?

In every field, there will always be different opinions about something. I see this more especially in health topics. So, you could listen to your doctor if you want. For example, I don't support the idea that skipping a meal is good. Because it affects our immune system badly too.
Activity: 15
February 04, 2021, 04:19:52 AM
yes naturally, you can get sick and end up with bowel cancer if you continue that habit. Eating right is what gives us the assurance that our immune system is strong. Of course, there must be rest.
Activity: 78
Merit: 24
February 03, 2021, 04:22:59 AM
It varies from person to person. I don't eat breakfast all year round, and I'm in good health. Some people might fall in for this while others not. Some people have a good appetite after exercise and others may have no appetite then. I think the same is true for dinner. When the body adapts it, it is okay. If you don’t eat dinner and can’t sleep because you feel hungry, blood sugar gets low or even get into dizziness, then that’s definitely bad for your health. Also, even if you don't eat dinner/breakfast and don't have any discomfort, you should take regular physical examinations still so that you can know your body condition in case any disease occurs.
Activity: 27
February 03, 2021, 02:58:48 AM
For people who are often sick, I think eating an apple a day is useful, but for people who want to lose weight, I think light fasting is a healthier way to lose weight. The two do not conflict. It depends on you. What is the situation.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
February 02, 2021, 10:35:10 PM
Skipping meal never been harsh for us , but make sure to have at least 1 meal per day , because of you are talking about Skipping meal continuously for a week then that is a suicide .
Skipping breakfast is really bad for your health. Breakfast is very important to your health. Of course, eating fruit and a glass of milk is considered breakfast. The doctors will advise us to eat breakfast on time.
having at least 1 apple in the morning is enough to be called Meal , then follow solid foods late in the after noon and No food in the evening completely.
Activity: 798
Merit: 101
February 02, 2021, 06:27:25 PM
Skipping breakfast is really bad for your health. Breakfast is very important to your health. Of course, eating fruit and a glass of milk is considered breakfast. The doctors will advise us to eat breakfast on time.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
February 02, 2021, 11:13:06 AM
It really depends on the body, people with weak immune system would be needing a lot of nutrients in their body so they are not allowed to skip their meals. I don't believe in these types of diet either, as long as you can control your eating habits you can definitely lose weight (doesn't apply to people with sickness tho)
It depends on body types which is not related to the immune system for sure. Skipping meal for any body type is not a good habit because it can damage your digestion cycle and also leads to the excess acidic content generation which keeps secreted to help in digestion.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 138
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 02, 2021, 02:45:50 AM
I don't know why you wanna skip meal. if you're for lose weight, here's what I'm gonna say\
Skipping meals can achieve the effect of weight loss, but it cannot achieve the best weight loss effect. It does not mean that the less you eat, the thinner you will be. It also reduces the body's metabolic rate, which can make you get sick and is not conducive to health. The best way to lose weight is to eat less, plus moderate exercise, if you stick to it, you will definitely lose weight. It is still necessary to eat every meal. The important thing is to diversify the diet and ensure the nutritional ingredients. at the same time, control the total calories is essential as well

I agree that the best and sustainable way to lose weight is to eat less (less than you calorific requirements per day) and regular exercise. I had experience with that and lost about 5 kgs in a month. It was not drastic but I can say I did not feel hungry during that time. Didn't skip meal but ate less carbs. and daily stairs workout (no special routine). Skipping a meal if you are not ready will just tempt you to eat more the next meal. But it also depends on your habit formed as we have different body types. You need to assess why are you doing it and how ready you are with sudden changes in your lifestyle?
Activity: 135
Merit: 16
February 02, 2021, 02:37:58 AM
I don't know why you wanna skip meal. if you're for lose weight, here's what I'm gonna say\
Skipping meals can achieve the effect of weight loss, but it cannot achieve the best weight loss effect. It does not mean that the less you eat, the thinner you will be. It also reduces the body's metabolic rate, which can make you get sick and is not conducive to health. The best way to lose weight is to eat less, plus moderate exercise, if you stick to it, you will definitely lose weight. It is still necessary to eat every meal. The important thing is to diversify the diet and ensure the nutritional ingredients. at the same time, control the total calories is essential as well
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
February 02, 2021, 02:33:43 AM
If it’s just drinking water and not eating, I think it’s okay, but if you have low blood sugar, you might as well eat something, otherwise it will definitely be bad for you and affect your normal physiological level.   drink only water or eat fruit one day each month, that is, detoxification,  it is also a method of intestinal cleansing. From the perspective of modern medicine, this method can adjust the acidic environment of the body to alkalescence, and acidification of the body is one of the causes of diseases. It should be reminded that not everyone is suitable for fasting and detoxification. For example, people with chronic diseases and low blood sugar should not try it easily. It is also best for healthy people to consult a doctor in advance.
Activity: 13
February 01, 2021, 11:22:20 PM
There's a time when I skipped dinner to lose weight. Then I went to the doctor. He said long-term skipping dinner will lead to rich nutrition in the body, and in order to maintain normal life activities, the basic metabolism of the human body will be reduced, and it is easy to gain weight at this time, so it is undoubtedly very absurd to refuse dinner in order to lose weight, even through successful,  it is very easy to rebound.
Activity: 48
Merit: 10
February 01, 2021, 11:18:44 PM
I usually skip differ. but if don’t eat dinner for a long time, it will be harmful to the body, because it will increase the corrosion of gastric acid on the gastric mucosa, which will easily lead to gastric ulcers and cholelithiasis. worse still, we may suffer gastric cancer. In addition, it will also affect the quality of sleep at night. Now I'm experiencing sleep disorder. Don't be like me, please
Activity: 60
Merit: 5
February 01, 2021, 10:22:38 PM
I think it’s no problem for normal people to eat three meals a day. If they are too obese, they may need to eat less or not, plus various exercises to lose weight to maintain their health. This problem is to take a different approach to different groups.
Activity: 28
February 01, 2021, 03:35:36 PM
When you skip meals, you deny your body what it needs. Some people skip meals to save calories, while others claim they’re just too busy to eat. Yes, it is a bad habit, because skipping meals can cause your metabolism to slow down, which can cause weight gain or make it harder to lose weight.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 175
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 01, 2021, 10:20:58 AM
intermittent fasting is healthy for some people who eat a lot. We normal people should eat regularly to give our body a habit. Some girls ship meals frequently tp be slim and they turn out to be slim in an ugly way. don't be poisoned by some "fashion" idea
This is what i'm doing now , as my Health needs some changes because of my Doctors advises .

and also anyone knows about KETO diet? i mean someone who's doing this now? is it easy ? or effective?

Please need some user that in this on now and not those who's reading via Google. i need actual user.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
February 01, 2021, 07:35:18 AM
I think it all depends on conditioning your body to it. Changing your meal cycle completely over night might be too much for your body and you experience one bad side effects. For example if you want to skip lunch in the future you could start with only a small snack for lunch and eating a bigger breakfast. After a few weeks you could start cutting back further and eventually skip lunch all together.
Pages:
Jump to: