Pages:
Author

Topic: Is stealing Bitcoin illegal? - page 33. (Read 39503 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
August 01, 2016, 04:46:09 AM
Yes! Of course stealing bitcoin is illegal. Still, if you find a forgotten wallet/lost wallet, it'll not be illegal. Because, owner of those bitcoin might have forgot about that.
disagree you are wrong because stealing of bitcoin is illegal in any situation ,so you can not say legal if one person steal bitcoin from other .
Agree with you about this but have one question then what to do with this if some one find any forgotten/lost wallet because he has no contact or any thing about him ?
If you find a lost wallet or a forgotten wallet, then I guess it's both fine and not fine to spend them for yourself as the decision would depend on how you would see it for yourself. Since, you do not have any contact with the owner of the wallet, it would be a waste to just leave the coins in there but then again, the owner might have been saving those coins for a long-term and you just happen to accidentally run across it.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
August 01, 2016, 02:17:07 AM
Yes! Of course stealing bitcoin is illegal. Still, if you find a forgotten wallet/lost wallet, it'll not be illegal. Because, owner of those bitcoin might have forgot about that.
disagree you are wrong because stealing of bitcoin is illegal in any situation ,so you can not say legal if one person steal bitcoin from other .
Agree with you about this but have one question then what to do with this if some one find any forgotten/lost wallet because he has no contact or any thing about him ?
I think we will not know if the wallet was still used or not by the original user. we do not know is it the owner of the wallet forgotten their password or not. because there is no activity in their wallet does not mean it's not in use right? It is quite clear. stealing things that are not your privilege is illegal
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
August 01, 2016, 12:09:58 AM
Yes, Sherlock Holmes. I mean stealing anything is illegal. What genius told you it wasn't?

Stealing is taking the property of another without the consent of another. That is obviously illegal.  Smiley
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
July 31, 2016, 11:50:47 PM
Let's say I generate a new address and by some miracle it has Bitcoin already in it belonging to somebody else. Is it legal to just take it? I understand those odds are very low, no need to lecture me, I'm just interested.

What goes around, comes around... could be someones life savings!  Shocked
Karma might turn up at your door...
Activity: 714
Merit: 531
July 31, 2016, 11:38:54 PM
The answer is how to find any forgotten/lost wallet if it is have a unique password and you do not even now what is the user of that account/wallet. I think you can found lost wallet if you have some data or information on that account i think it is also form of stealing.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
July 31, 2016, 10:10:35 PM
Almost everything that is immoral is considered as illegal. Killing, theft, scamming, all of these are illegal regardless of where it happened. If it happened in real life, then you can easily put the person behind bars. If the theft was done online, in this case in terms of bitcoin, then you can only put the person in jail if you could get his whereabouts. You could try to doxx him, I've never experienced getting anonymously hacked. Most people that was able to hack me had an access to my phone and/or to my computer.
Activity: 532
July 31, 2016, 10:09:34 PM
Stealing Bitcoin is illegal without any doubt, but the matter it's not easy to judge the stealer like we can doing simply with fiat or other currencies, because Bitcoin is decentralized and anonymous
yeah i think though steals bitcoin is a remarkable thing and it requires skill, pengatahuan high. but nonetheless steals bitcoin is just like stealing money
it is illegal and inappropriate for use. I hope they do not steal my bitcoin. you will know that feeling when you become a victim dude
Activity: 252
July 31, 2016, 06:06:43 PM
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
July 31, 2016, 06:05:23 PM
Stealing Bitcoin is illegal without any doubt, but the matter it's not easy to judge the stealer like we can doing simply with fiat or other currencies, because Bitcoin is decentralized and anonymous
Yes , stealing is illegal . It's doesn't matter what you want to steal.As you are stealing others' asset, it becomes an illegal act. How can this question be ? We have so many good ways to earn bitcoin. Why should one go for stealing. Lets not encourage this. We can be confident on the wallets as they are well protected.
Activity: 292
Merit: 251
Telegram: @Adriandmen
July 31, 2016, 05:26:42 PM
I'll bet one dollar if anyone manages to generate an address which already has BTC in it.

The probability to get struck by lightning 4 times in a day is bigger than that.
Activity: 742
July 31, 2016, 05:04:25 PM
Activity: 658
July 31, 2016, 05:02:33 PM
yeah it is illegal and i think it is a really great thing because then there are less thieves who want to steal all of my money i hope i will never get my coins stolen
Activity: 224
July 31, 2016, 04:48:41 PM
of course it is illegal? how does a move when you take something that is not yours not be illegal? if you stole bitcoins then i think you would have big trouble with laws
yes that is a fact and i think stealing of bitcoin is just like if you are stealing money from some one, so now  you decide your self that is stealing of money from some is legal or illegal. i think it illegal and is a sin, because if some one invested his own money or some one has earn bitcoin after hard work and some one steal his bitcoin then how will he feel?
Activity: 448
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 31, 2016, 03:49:47 PM
of course it is illegal? how does a move when you take something that is not yours not be illegal? if you stole bitcoins then i think you would have big trouble with laws
copper member
Activity: 1050
July 31, 2016, 03:40:56 PM
I think stealing bitcoin is really illegal but the scenario OP presented is different.  There is no force in there.  Creeating a wallet with bitcoin in it, is not the creators fault.  Having one address shared by two people, impossible as it may seem but if the problem arises only adjustment can resolve it.
Activity: 196
July 31, 2016, 03:35:45 PM
Let's say I generate a new address and by some miracle it has Bitcoin already in it belonging to somebody else. Is it legal to just take it? I understand those odds are very low, no need to lecture me, I'm just interested.
well of course its illegal ..well to be honest u got to have a lot of knowledge if u wanna stell bitcoins ..dude dont ever keep thsi thing in mind ..because if u  start right now of steeling bitcoins ..then in later off u would start stealing other stuffs ..so buddy think of how can u earn bitcoins rather than stealing ..kudoos Smiley
Activity: 462
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 31, 2016, 03:11:51 PM

And it will be very painful time for the person when he will find that his coins from his address has been used by another person, so the better and moral option is that we do not have to use those bitcoins which we do not own and we do not have earned with our work, but of someone else.
yeah, it is always really sad to see your coins missing especially if you worked hard to get them, i think stealing is a horrible thing to do right now
Activity: 392
we are still here and we will stay forever.
July 31, 2016, 02:46:56 PM
for me it is the opposite,i generate a new address that has probably not been used on the network yet, and sent a small amount of 1mbtc to this address unfortunately I saw him disappear from my account after a few seconds.
I don't care whether it's legal or not but I consider the persone ho spend them as a robber

You're right, a robber is a robber no matter what he stole. Even if it's a pillow or a feather he found in my garden. It's stealing. And this has to be illegal everywhere, we don't need a law for hamburgers in case someone steals $1k worth of hamburgers from you..

Let us take it this way, i have the address and the one to  use it and then suddenly i saw some btc on it, would you accuse me of a thief if i use the btc in my account that was created by me?  I can accuse you of something related to using my account without any permission then if you push that robbery thing to accuse me.  But on the topic, stealing is never been legal.  This is actually complicated and the best solution is adjustment.
if really you have the adress in your wallet so why hurry to spend the amount received if it is not the intention to rob.
so the answer to your question is yes i will accuse you of a thieft
Activity: 575
July 31, 2016, 02:06:55 PM

And it will be very painful time for the person when he will find that his coins from his address has been used by another person, so the better and moral option is that we do not have to use those bitcoins which we do not own and we do not have earned with our work, but of someone else.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1280
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
July 31, 2016, 01:59:23 PM
for me it is the opposite,i generate a new address that has probably not been used on the network yet, and sent a small amount of 1mbtc to this address unfortunately I saw him disappear from my account after a few seconds.
I don't care whether it's legal or not but I consider the persone ho spend them as a robber

You're right, a robber is a robber no matter what he stole. Even if it's a pillow or a feather he found in my garden. It's stealing. And this has to be illegal everywhere, we don't need a law for hamburgers in case someone steals $1k worth of hamburgers from you..

Let us take it this way, i have the address and the one to  use it and then suddenly i saw some btc on it, would you accuse me of a thief if i use the btc in my account that was created by me?  I can accuse you of something related to using my account without any permission then if you push that robbery thing to accuse me.  But on the topic, stealing is never been legal.  This is actually complicated and the best solution is adjustment.
Pages:
Jump to: